Lost...

amateurstuntman

So, the christmas pressure has started.

Today was the first day that we were unable to sort the volume of mail that came in, that means that it will be there waiting for us tomorrow.

That will have to be done before we can start tomorrow's mail, which will mean that we have even more unfinished work tomorrow afternoon.

And again

And again

I have a lovely wife, a nice flat and a load of guns but I just can't muster the energy move at more than a crawl.

Even using a Scanning-tunnel electron microscope you still couldn't find a molecule in my body that is cheerful about christmas.

So, make me smile, find my will to live...

But don't mention bloody christmas spirit.

My life is in your hands, gentle forum members.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you think thats bad! i am an apprentice at a global oncology company, atm im being trained ho to make a specific part for the machine,

i have been at college for a year on a nvq l2 and first half of a btec and the guy thats training me gave me a lesson on soldering, asked me if i knew how to tighten a bolt (seriousily! lol) and also showed me how to do up a chuck on a hand drill WTF!!!!! on the other hand i accendiatly deleted all of their user info on the ONLY computer in the workshop (OOPS! :rolleyes: ) and the only thing they said was "oh, hes only an apprentice" :waggle:

I hate the word only, like rich people say "my bently was ONLY like £999999999999"

ONLY-- <_<

rant over

merry ######### (might as well be a swear LOL)

Humm for about 2 years i've not looked forward to Christmas, even though im 15 LOL. I don't usualy get what i want and anything i do is useless (lol--- not to sound 'orrid or anything :D) and then the dread of going back to school. <_< Last year so next year should be better (...Or not)

Chris :zorro:

merry ######### (might as well be a swear LOL)

The Badger wholeheartedly agrees with this, he hear by proposes that the word "*ecks* mas" (and its longer derivatives) be deemed a swearword and replaced with random lettering. (and yes The Badger split the word up, because he doesn't want to be a hypocrite)

Ouch that must be hard work :mellow:

I hate christmas to, why the *fruitcage* are the papers so bloody big, especially on sundays :angry:

at least there is xmas tips to look forward to ;)

rant over

Throwing papers eh?

Throwing papers = t3h g@yness. Sundays suck, we'd litterally have to exit the car on most throws. Talk about throwing logs...

And Mondays were bad too. So light the wind could carry them...exaggerated, but yeah...

The Badger wholeheartedly agrees with this, he hear by proposes that the word "*ecks* mas" (and its longer derivatives) be deemed a swearword and replaced with random lettering. (and yes The Badger split the word up, because he doesn't want to be a hypocrite)

Gopher finds Badger's consistent use of third person verbage amusing, mostly because so few few members ever do that, probably because it's rather questionable to some n00bs to find amusement in such langauge, but all the better because the use of such langauge spices up that what is said in third person...

Christ mass. That is where the word originates. It is a mass (christian gathering) to celebrate the birth of Jesus (Christ is either hebrew or greek that means anointed (or set for an important task)in english)

Why all you aeithiests celebrate it i don't know. Go **** around with someone elses carnival¬.¬.

I am a christian, and i very much dislike what christmass has become. I will be seen very little and will be only herd to say "Bah humbug".

Christ mass. That is where the word originates. It is a mass (christian gathering) to celebrate the birth of Jesus (Christ is either hebrew or greek that means anointed (or set for an important task)in english)

Why all you aeithiests celebrate it i don't know. Go **** around with someone elses carnival¬.¬.

I am a christian, and i very much dislike what christmass has become. I will be seen very little and will be only herd to say "Bah humbug".

Couldn't have said it better myself...

I always ask aeithiests why the hell they celeabrate it, but all I get is "I dunno, presents?"

at least you don't have to deal with the fragile highway infrastructure of hawaii. one road goes down, the entire island feels it. several roads go down, the entire island is locked in a sea of frustrated locals and hondas. driving to pearl harbor at 0800 or driving from pearl harbor at 1600 on the H1 is a living nightmare, it will literally take you an hour and a half to drive 13 miles. and god forbid if a storm hits anytime around there. oh, did i mention that there are no side roads to sneak around? NONE. which means you have to take the same route everyone else is taking.

Currently battling an advanced case of clinical depression and anxiety disorder, and it doesnt help that its winter in Arizona, because all of those *fruitcage*ers from the midwest that like to drive 15 miles under the limit come here for the winter. Grr...

Im not a Christian (capitalisation, man! :P ) but I was raised one. I would never disrespect another persons beliefs (Scientology excluded thatks to south park) but I will be gently caressed if im going to say "seasons greetings" to anyone of my contacts.

You, PC brigade, whats the 25th December?

Why Christmas of course!

Merry gently caressing Christmas then! Not seasons gently carressing greetings!

The Badger would point out that most atheists come from a Christian background, so it logically follows that their families would have celebrated Christmas. The atheist then celebrates Christmas in the commonly accepted way with trees, presents, obese men, and stockings. He sees that Christmas as it is generally done has little to do with the coming of a messiah. It would be unfair to demand that someone stop doing things related to a religion once they leave the afore mentioned. You can hardly say that everyone but Christians has to go to work/school on December 25th because they don't believe that the son of god was born some two thousand years before...

Um, you do know the orgin of Christmas, right? Because if you did, you really wouldn't care that much about what it is now. For me its about spending time with my family, so maybe I should see less of them to appease Christians like yourself. Ok then, you're right.

I send gifts to close relatives at this time of year.

I always put "happy yule" on them.

This year I have wrapping paper that says "Have a satisfactory non-denominational wintertime capitalist gift giving season"

I don't hate xmas, I just hate what it does to people:

People who don't like you are nice to you, for no good reason. That confuses me.

People get really militant about cards, I don't send cards, they get ###### off. I didn't send them a birthday card, they didn't care.

They put themselves under huge amounts of stress, placing so much significance onto having a good day. Which is always a let down, it can't compete with the hollywood image.

When it doesn't work they get all depressed like it was a surprise.

Incidentally, two people posted things to cheer me up, thanks dismemberd and victory, everyone else just moaned about xmas.

I have to go to work in a minute, the idiocy will continue.

Yesterday a manager came round with a card addressed to "Graham, Pat and the kids, Rochester" and asked if I knew them.

*fruitcage* them, their friend is a *fruitcage* idiot, just throw the ###### thing in the bin!

Let's see what moronic mail we get today.

Actually the celebration during this time of the year originates from a pagan celebration of the new year. The word "hjul" still means "wheel" (cycle of life) in Danish, and Christmas is called "Jul" [yul]/[yule] or "Joulu" [yo-loo] in the northern countries. The concept of Santa Claus (except for the Coca Cola sponsored red suit) comes from a pagan heritage, as well as quite a few other things. The celebration was slowly turned into a Christian one after the crusades. The people want the ritual at a certain date, so it was easier just to make up a story like: "Hey, Christ was born during this time! Let's celebrate that instead!"

They did the same thing with easter. The bunny and the eggs have nothing to do with Christianity, but they come from the pagan fertility celebration. It's not a coincidence that it's celebrated right before the beginning of summertime in Europe.

Whenever someone points out the "original" meaning of Christmas, I take it a bit further.

For the record, I'm no pagan either, but an agnostic. And I don't celebrate Christmas.

-Sale

Actually the celebration during this time of the year originates from a pagan celebration of the new year. The word "hjul" still means "wheel" (cycle of life) in Danish, and Christmas is called "Jul" [yul]/[yule] or "Joulu" [yo-loo] in the northern countries. The concept of Santa Claus (except for the Coca Cola sponsored red suit) comes from a pagan heritage, as well as quite a few other things. The celebration was slowly turned into a Christian one after the crusades. The people want the ritual at a certain date, so it was easier just to make up a story like: "Hey, Christ was born during this time! Let's celebrate that instead!"

They did the same thing with easter. The bunny and the eggs have nothing to do with Christianity, but they come from the pagan fertility celebration. It's not a coincidence that it's celebrated right before the beginning of summertime in Europe.

Whenever someone points out the "original" meaning of Christmas, I take it a bit further.

For the record, I'm no pagan either, but an agnostic. And I don't celebrate Christmas.

-Sale

Wow, I had no idea, where it truley came from a pagan holiday, kinda werid.

Well said Sale.

So to update you all on the xmas pressure at work, we will now be sorting on Sundays and delivering until 8pm Mon to Fri and 5ish on a Saturday

Today my life was made difficult by morons not sealing their envelopes.

I know you think that if you send 100 of the *beep* s it is a great time saver to not seal it or to only lick the tip of the point but when the thing gets into our machine it eats it.

If it makes it past the machine it gets stuck in our walk sorting frames because of the stupid flap or stuck to the letter next to it when it rains on the bloody things.

So don't send xmas cards - xmas is a sham that has lost all it's religious value and become divorced from it's roots. It is a sick capitalist ploy to make you eat 5 kilos of chocolate, spend two months salary on pointless tat and send dozens of expensive cards to people you don't even like.

If you do feel the need to conform to the norm and send xmas cards please stick the bloody flap down.

I am fed up of the accusing looks of people who think I have nicked money out of a card that never had any and wasn't even stuck down.

Also, get off your lazy asses and buy magazines from shops, don't subscribe they are a *beep* to get through letterboxes.

Hmm, I always thought that the facts Sale pointed out were combined with a few bits like the Saint Nicholas story to appeal to pagans that the Church(not mine!) wanted to convert, and combining traditions was just a way of doing that. Hence how the words Yule and Christmas are interchangeable for alot of countries, and even in America. Combined with Capitolism and you get the ridiculous shopping spree for thoughtless presents(mostly), the sending of gift cards, and the rest of the bundle.

Thinking about it, things like Yulelog, ham(Yule Hog, am i right?), Christmas Trees and the decoration are all pretty from the original Yule.

Doesnt heir Claus come from Odin originally, sigh ill have to lurk on wikipedia i spose?

Neeways, stunts we are here for you, keep on moving

Archived