Vega Force Company FN SCAR Light Gen. III

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect review thanks...

I can also confirm all good thing mentioned here...

(mine just arrived this week)

Perfect quality...

Only concern i have is about the batteries. Fareast have you used completely standard minis 8.4V?

I´m planning to use 9.6 when extended it should also fit. The manual mentiones 12V as upper boundary. Could this be true?

Thanks again for the review...

Cheers

Trapie

Edited by trapi
Have you tried the water test FarEast? I cannot find any detail reviews on the gun's reliability after being soaked into water as some users on Youtube have posted. I personally cannot recommend it, however VFC have been experimenting with multiple water and ice tests on thier guns especially the 416 and SCAR. I'm just wondering FarEast, but I'm glad to see this review! Subarashii!

To be honest .. no. I don't think the average player will be doing SEAL or SBS style beach landings or re-enacting scences from Veitnam movies.

Fantastic review fareast but would it be too much to ask for some pictures of the internals and your impressions of those as well? Also, when/if you do write up the review about the internals could you also get some pictures of the selector mechanism?

On top of all of these questions, i have few more. Are you sure about this? "VFC SCAR Light Gen. III, 6061 Aluminum."

If so that is just about the coolest thing ever. I hope VFC succeeds astronomically in the hopes more retailers will catch onto the fact that we DONT want pot metal guns anymore.

Yep it's 6061 treated Aluminum absolutley no pot metal at all!

What kind of surface coating is on the steel parts? I know that G&P doesnt parkerize any of their steel accessories and they end up rusting almost out of the box. Hell, ive received G&P guns that rusted away IN their box lol.

Thanks again for the review, ive been waiting for this for quite some time and was beginning to wonder where it was! :)

Not sure of the coating on the barrel, will find out.

I couldn't really tell from the pics or video, but does the front pin (when you strip the gun) stay attached to the reciever? Or can it be pulled out like every other M4?

That would be really great if it did stay attached.

The receiver pin does stay in. It has a littel wing pin that allows it to run back and forth but won't pull all the way out. The battery compartment cover in the stock also has one.

FarEast, or anyone who owns the VFC SCAR...

Could you explain to me if the Hop-Up is a good performer? Like does it work as well as say a TM AK's Hop-Up and TM M14's Hop-Up?

Thanks so much, I will most likely be getting this as soon as I sell a few items!

The hop up is good, he design is generic and my SCAR was reaching out to about 45 meters, 10 meters less than my upgraded hopunits, so perfect for a gun straign out of the box.

I couldn't really tell from the pics or video, but does the front pin (when you strip the gun) stay attached to the reciever? Or can it be pulled out like every other M4?

That would be really great if it did stay attached.

That's called a captive pin and yes, as FarEast said, the SCAR (identical to the real steel) has this feature. Real M16/M4s also have this feature. Stops you losing your pins in the field. For some reason real H&Ks haven't caught on to this idea...

Edited by Hayden120

Hayden: HK put holes in the stocks to keep the pins when you're working on the weapon. The lack of a captive pin eliminates extra parts in some cases. At least in the AR-15 platform, there's a separate spring and pin for each of the receiver pins (4 exxtra parts already), and they have holes drilled for them, also adding to the manufacturing cost. (Holes in the HK stocks are in the mold so it does not increase the cost.)

Then again, it is possible to lock pins captive by ingenious placement of the trigger group springs, as found in the AK.

G&G and King Arms metal receivers for M4/M16 series have captive takedown pins.

Man they made putting a Mosfet a larger pain in the *albatross* with the take down method, sigh

Put the FET inside the gearbox and you don't need to worry about getting the third (signal) wire through to the stock.

Thanks to FarEast for the review and tips how to buy stuff without the better half knowing. :) I knew about the TORX-feature of the gas regulator, but the hop-up adjustment was new information to me.

-Sale

Edited by Sale
The Gas regulator knob won't come off very easily as it is held in place with a ball bearing locking system (Very Clever) so you actually have to give it a sharp twist to disengage.

I already lost mine...

Put the FET inside the gearbox and you don't need to worry about getting the third (signal) wire through to the stock.

No way there is enough room for that.

Edited by [BS]_MARS
Ok I'm guessing you have a flame orange flash hider and part of the barrel also????

If this is the case it might be that your barrel is glued in place as per legal requirements in the US.

Yeah, when I got it awhile back it came with the blaze orange tip. Part of the barrel? You mean the cqb inner barrel? Or the spacers maybe?

If the VFC gearbox has "fillings" around and behind the spur gear, then the FET won't fit. But I've seen a FET placed on the inside of an AEG gearbox, I think it was in ARMS Magazine. I'll see if I can find it again and scan the pictures.

The outer barrel is on quite tight at first, but there are no set screws or anything to mind. Just turn hard enough and it'll come off. And do check the direction you're turning. ;)

-Sale

I'm imagining the talk of mosfets is referring to pre built units which are quite large, Especially the Active braking ones. There is certainly no space for that inside the gearbox :P

Excellent review far-east. I'll be sure to get ones of these soon!!

Hayden: HK put holes in the stocks to keep the pins when you're working on the weapon. The lack of a captive pin eliminates extra parts in some cases. At least in the AR-15 platform, there's a separate spring and pin for each of the receiver pins (4 exxtra parts already), and they have holes drilled for them, also adding to the manufacturing cost. (Holes in the HK stocks are in the mold so it does not increase the cost.)

Then again, it is possible to lock pins captive by ingenious placement of the trigger group springs, as found in the AK.

G&G and King Arms metal receivers for M4/M16 series have captive takedown pins.

The problem is, if you're stripping your weapon at night and you lose one of those pins while fiddling around sliping it into one of those dinky stock holes, your screwed. I'd rather have captive pins.

Edited by Hayden120
If the VFC gearbox has "fillings" around and behind the spur gear, then the FET won't fit. But I've seen a FET placed on the inside of an AEG gearbox, I think it was in ARMS Magazine. I'll see if I can find it again and scan the pictures.

The outer barrel is on quite tight at first, but there are no set screws or anything to mind. Just turn hard enough and it'll come off. And do check the direction you're turning. ;)

-Sale

Yes I did it. You can put a FET (no heatsink) into the VFC and Marui mechbox. G&P has one that comes with an IRL3713 built-in too (but for like about USD$130?).

What you -can't- put in is a FET with a heatsink or an AB-FET (without serious mods). If U guys really want, I can disassemble and take a picture.

Nah you dont have to break yours down.

It sux though i guess when the H comes out i can just live without one, though for me a MOSFET w/AB is becoming a mandatory upgrade on all of my other guns. Just for the longevity of the circuits its worth the investment.

Yeah i dont know where the aftermarket companies get off charging what they do for the FET's

Nah you dont have to break yours down.

It sux though i guess when the H comes out i can just live without one, though for me a MOSFET w/AB is becoming a mandatory upgrade on all of my other guns. Just for the longevity of the circuits its worth the investment.

Yeah i dont know where the aftermarket companies get off charging what they do for the FET's

You can try making your own from PsyphyerVII's schematics :-

http://forums.airsoftmechanics.com/index.p...msg2409#msg2409

Now I personally won't be able to create something as small as his package (which is still too big to fit into VFC's SCAR-L):-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/classifieds...t=669&cat=7

But you could wire it yourself and squeeze the components into where there is space.

Can I see whats inside the mechbox? How hard is the mechbox to get out of the receiver? Is it as hard as the CA's?

Dunno about CA's, but it's dead easy.

Yeah, I've tried wrapping washcloths around the barrel and using a wrench to turn it but it won't budge. I thought of using a vicegrip to keep it in place but I don't want to risk bending/denting the barrel. Does anyone know if vfc is selling spare std outer barrels?

In Japan they do. I noticed that in WGCShop, they only have the sniper length.

Yeah i have his in my guns,hmm is there cram space in the lower reciever,i still cant imagine that in the mechbox, but if there is enough space then i could put the fuse in the stock side of the terminals right?

When the time comes, this probably wont put me off if it doesnt workout, but its a shame that such an ingenious design for the takedown does have this downfall.

Edited by Azulsky