Vega Force Company FN SCAR Light Gen. III

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don´t know man, guess that your best option would be to try through some retailer, like WGC or Uncompany. Maybe they can get the piece you need.

By the way, could you post a pic of the broken piece?. I´m thinking about getting a SCAR myself and, although after reading FarEast´s review seems to be an excellent AEG, I would like to get as many information as I can about potential flaws and problems.

Wish you the best luck in your search.

i have had 1 fault so far on mine

basicly it jamed into full auto when firing on single fire. Only way to stop it was to pull the battery off fast. When i looked at the mechbox i found that the latch that pulls the swith out after firing a shot on single had tried to pull the switch out but then jamed it back in making contact. Didnt need to split the box to fix it i slackened the screws off and it clicked back into place. Did that 3 or 4 times till i noticed that the selector system is very sensative to change there are witness mars on the selector arm selector plate and sprocket once i got them lined up right not had a problem since.

Awsome range(close if not the same as the TM m14 once bedded in), Awsome rate of fire with a 9.6 tried it with a 10.8 and wow its crazy runing 345fps outa the box for both mine and a m8s i bought and a great feel when using very versatile

Mars try this link they have a "contact us" tab http://www.gb-tech.com.tw/_newsite/eng/VFC_EN_main.htm

Edited by couger-W
Awsome range(close if not the same as the TM m14 once bedded in), Awsome rate of fire with a 9.6 tried it with a 10.8 and wow its crazy runing 345fps outa the box for both mine and a m8s i bought and a great feel when using very versatile

Where did you get yours from? Also living in the UK im loathe to pay £370 when the rest of the world seem to get them for $420 ( around £210 ). UNComoany and WGC have them in i see.

got mine through un company bought 2 got a bit of discount and intotal it cost me £295 with shipping and import tax they were very understanding as i ordered them in june off them and didnt get it till 2nd week of october

You got both for that ? Due to the fact they took so long ? Don't think i could wait for something being in the post that long! hehe

Hello

It says "VFC Custom Gearbox ( Ver.2-Compatible Internal Parts )" in the WGC SCAR description.

What does it actually mean? What are the differences in GB construction? Any possible troubles with upgrading? Some parts won't fit?

Some of users have been dealing with SCAR for a while, what are your impressions about GB durability? Particulary comparing to CA GB, with most of the parts reinforced straight out from the box?

And how about battery? It won't accomodate SC batteries, but is there bigger stock available, like for CA SCAR? Would VFC stock really take 12 V battery?

I'd appreciate your opinions.

It's 100% compatible with Tokyo Marui and other 3rd party parts.

• 2 weeks later...

whats the biggest battery that can fit in the stock and still have the stock still be able to fully adjust to all size lengths and fold safely? im guessing a 9.6 1400mAh probably? particularly the intellect batt.?

oh and also, how is the stock hop up on the VFC SCAR? is the hop up replaceable? could it be better? or do you think its fine and should just leave it as it is.

i seriously cant decide between this or a VFC AIMS...

Edited by 0nslaught
I will also be reviewing the AIMS, so you might want to wait.

Hum, ya i saw that with the 08 review lineup. i guess i can wait, but if its not too much to ask, do you know how long it will be until you can get a hold of the VFC AIMS? not in a hurry or anything but i think saving up a little bit more money wouldnt hurt :). VFC SCAR plus ACOG's look sexy anyways :P

one of the main reasons why im holding back on purchasing the SCAR is because for the AIMS, i wont have to spend a horrendous amount of money on raping rails and getting cool optics. i know i know, i dont HAVE to spend money on VFG's and optics but, come on, its a SCAR. it wouldnt be sexy without them :P

The stock VFC hop up is proprietary and thus cannot be replaced. Good news is that it seals amazingly, almost too good as I had a REALLLLLLYY hard time getting the bucking and barrel out and back in even with it dripping silicone oil.

Hum, interesting, so i guess the amazingly good seal is a good thing? and if i ever decide to change barrel sizes ill probably have my friend do it since im not much of a techie -_-. however i should learn....

are there any issues with the VFC SCAR and the VFC SCAR hop up system having trouble with tight bores? any compatibility issues? particularly good tight bore barrel companies like prometheus? oh and heres a quickie, what tight bore company would you recommend if you were to swap your stock inner barrel out?

oh and one more question, would it be safe to just buy a tight bore for the short barrel length(without the extender barrel thing) and just leave that inner barrel on there forever, so it would be more easy swapping to CQC to the std barrel length?

Hum, interesting, so i guess the amazingly good seal is a good thing? and if i ever decide to change barrel sizes ill probably have my friend do it since im not much of a techie -_-. however i should learn....

are there any issues with the VFC SCAR and the VFC SCAR hop up system having trouble with tight bores? any compatibility issues? particularly good tight bore barrel companies like prometheus? oh and heres a quickie, what tight bore company would you recommend if you were to swap your stock inner barrel out?

oh and one more question, would it be safe to just buy a tight bore for the short barrel length(without the extender barrel thing) and just leave that inner barrel on there forever, so it would be more easy swapping to CQC to the std barrel length?

Fareast covered this in the review,

"The inner barrel looks like a generic barrel, but the inner diameter of the barrel is 6.05 mm negating the need for a 3rd party tight bore barrel, unless you want a 6.01 or 6.03mm but for an assault rifle your not going to really need it."

Yes fareast covered it, but maybe someone will want to buy a tighter bore for DM stuff and they can't obtain the SV barrel. I'm planning on buying one but I'm wondering if the SCAR-H lower receiver will be compatible with the SCAR-L. If so, I plan on buying the SCAR-L and then the lower receiver for the H and then an SV barrel. I'll then work on getting another firing selector and modifying that so I can fire single only and I'll have a DM single only AEG, and an Assault rifle depending on the scenario and my plans for that game. :D . But then again, this is just a hope. I was also planning on buying the Private parts Suppressor for it, but I just want the flash hider so I'll instead buy the Dytac one. or VFC's. But is there any news on a longer suppressor for that specific flash hider? I love the hider, but the suppressor is too short. At six inches, I was planning more on 7-9.

I'm wondering if the SCAR-H lower receiver will be compatible with the SCAR-L.

As long as VFC continues to produce "true-spec" weapons it will not be compatible. SCAR-H requires a larger Upper Receiver, so the Lower Receivers oft he SCAR-L and SCAR-H are not interchangeable (at least at this point of time, AFAIK the next evolutionary step for the SCAR project will be a common upper receiver).

Where did you get yours from? Also living in the UK im loathe to pay £370 when the rest of the world seem to get them for $420 ( around £210 ). UNComoany and WGC have them in i see.

Huh? Beast Airsoft where selling them for £250 before they even came out in HK lol. Think they are selling them now at £300.... :/

Well in on this thread as I've had my VFC SCAR for a month or so now and want in on the chatter.

Be nice to have and extra hopup for barrel changes down the line for sure.

For the sliding stock I just set at my right length and don't slide back and forth. Battery size won't affect folding it but I can't slide mine with the battery and the wadding I added so it won't slide around (plus a pull tab so I can get it out a with less hassle).

So far it's been run with a stock battery from a JG G36C that hasn't been charged in over a month without a hiccup but no skirmishing, knee high snow here.

Yes fareast covered it, but maybe someone will want to buy a tighter bore for DM stuff and they can't obtain the SV barrel. I'm planning on buying one but I'm wondering if the SCAR-H lower receiver will be compatible with the SCAR-L. If so, I plan on buying the SCAR-L and then the lower receiver for the H and then an SV barrel. I'll then work on getting another firing selector and modifying that so I can fire single only and I'll have a DM single only AEG, and an Assault rifle depending on the scenario and my plans for that game. :D . But then again, this is just a hope. I was also planning on buying the Private parts Suppressor for it, but I just want the flash hider so I'll instead buy the Dytac one. or VFC's. But is there any news on a longer suppressor for that specific flash hider? I love the hider, but the suppressor is too short. At six inches, I was planning more on 7-9.

I'm planning to go about the same direction as you. Have 1 gun to use as AR and DM. From what i've seen i need a few things:

Another lower receiver, doenst need to be from SCAR-H, another just like the one i have will do it.

Another gearbox modified internally to be as sillent as possible (need some ideas on that part)

Another hop-up unit (need to know if i can fit any but the original from the gun) for the long barrel, an if possible another one for the CQC barrel.

An SV outer barrel and the matching inner barrel (not sure of the lenght here)

So far the only thing i've seen is the SV outer barrel from WGC and beeing in portugal i dont think i can get it. I tried talking to a shop here in europe about this and they advised me to get a "mp5 to hk94 conversion barrel"

canna%20per%20hk%2094%20lunga.jpg

have to admit that, although i wanted to be true to the real scar, i really liked this barrel and think it would look great as a SV barrel.

Finally, i really really want the EGLM, wonder if the one from STAR will fit.

Just to had to the review, my SCAR did great out of the box. Unfortunatly, i wanted to use the CQC the week after i got the gun and ripped the Hopup ruber getting it out, asked the mechanic to replaced it but i think that since then it doesent perform so good. This goes to say that having and interchangeable barrel system does not make much sense if you dont have another hopup unit to go with it.

Sorry for my bitchin' and nagging.

SYEK