Vega Force Company FN SCAR Light Gen. III

SYEK, that's a nice looking barrel, but the only reason I'd take the SV barrel over that is that the ed is threaded on the SV barrel, allowing you to put maybe even a 300mm suppressor on. Also, I don't think you'd need another lower receiver if you wanted DM/AR. For the gearbox, I'd go with a silent piston head, helical gears(yes horrible to shim, but more quiet, Use inside/outside calipers to find the amount of shimming needed. That's what I do) And maybe a silent grip. I've only heard about them, but apparently they quiet the motor which is a lot of the noise you hear when firing. Also, if at all possible, try to put something called dynamat around the gearbox. It's really sticky, so be careful about where you put it. If you don't want to do that, look for any type of sound dampner that comes in sheets. Be careful not to put it all around the gearbox, or you'll choke it. I would leave the port at the back that is unique to the V2 mechbox. Just my .01! Good luck.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, I may want to try that out on my SCAR. Just another little thing, I broke the latch that holds the stock in the unfolded position. I was too rough on it when diving to cover and it just sheared off the catch. Now to see how I can get a new one...

Not sure if they're the parts you're looking for, but WGC have some replacement parts in stock:

Part 32 (Tan)

Part 32A

Part 32B

Anyone know how to get replacement parts for it? My stock is still broken :shout:

Also, I run only CA mids through it and they haven't skipped a beat.

Still need those parts? What parts are they? I just noticed WGC has parts 32, 32A and 32B in stock.

Not sure if they're the parts you're looking for, but WGC have some replacement parts in stock:

Part 32 (Tan)

Part 32A

Part 32B

Still need those parts? What parts are they? I just noticed WGC has parts 32, 32A and 32B in stock.

Thanks guys! VFC just e-mailed me back and linked me there. I am gonna order about 4 of the latches so I can just dive on the stock all day long.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know of a reliable way to fix this damn thing from locking into full auto no matter what setting its in? Its done it several times now and the only way to fix it is pulling out the battery then screwing with the selector switch. So far I'm not impressed at all with VFC because of this damn problem.

Anyone know of a reliable way to fix this damn thing from locking into full auto no matter what setting its in? Its done it several times now and the only way to fix it is pulling out the battery then screwing with the selector switch. So far I'm not impressed at all with VFC because of this damn problem.

A lot of VFC HK416s also had this problem. The fix is to replace the switch assembly with a Systema one - worked for loads of us HK416 users anyways. :)

A lot of VFC HK416s also had this problem. The fix is to replace the switch assembly with a Systema one - worked for loads of us HK416 users anyways. :)

Anyone got a guide specific to getting the gear box out of the lower...I'm following one for a CA a4...and its not going well with the pin that sits above the trigger assembly...damn thing just doesn't want to move.

2) With the battery inside the stock, can you fully extend or shorten the stock? What's battery did you use (9.6v mini?) - and is there space for anything larger?

I just bought a 10.8v 1400mAh battery and confirmed it fits in the stock. Just cant just cat go to the full retract position because of the wires that are too big.

Gona charge it and see how good it sounds <_<

Nice review it finally swayed me, I'm gonna get me one. Does anyone know if they work with ICS mags MY CA SCAR takes them fine and my mates got 3 for sale before I splash out on them will they work on my new SCAR or am I going to need to get some TM/CA mags ? ( you've got to love the 450 capacity)

I just wanted to share a little success story about the VFC SCAR to everyone. This weekend I was doing CQB training and while clearing rooms our 1 man got hit from the rear, I swung around and engaged the target at which time I was shot. I then fell onto the 1 man gun SCAR first. Then the 3 man (right behind me) was shot be the same OPFOR. I was at that point on lying on my back with my muzzle straight up and the stock on the ground. The 3 man fell onto of my gun, all his weight and a full combat load bearing down directly onto the muzzle. He was literally gliding over me, using my gun as some kind of pole vaulting device. Anyways, the gun was fine. The receiver was unharmed, the stock did not crack nor did the barrel begin to wobble. He, on the other hand, had a big bruise in his armpit and whined about the pain for the rest of the day. ;)

This has been the most solid airsoft gun I've owned and I am glad to have bought it.

Edited by [BS]_MARS

I just wanted to share a little success story about the VFC SCAR to everyone. This weekend I was doing CQB training and while clearing rooms our 1 man got hit from the rear, I swung around and engaged the target at which time I was shot. I then fell onto the 1 man gun SCAR first. Then the 3 man (right behind me) was shot be the same OPFOR. I was at that point on lying on my back with my muzzle straight up and the stock on the ground. The 3 man fell onto of my gun, all his weight and a full combat load bearing down directly onto the muzzle. He was literally gliding over me, using my gun as some kind of pole vaulting device. Anyways, the gun was fine. The receiver was unharmed, the stock did not crack nor did the barrel begin to wobble. He, on the other hand, had a big bruise in his armpit and whined about the pain for the rest of the day. ;)

This has been the most solid airsoft gun I've owned and I am glad to have bought it.

You know...VFC stands for the following:

"Very Fudging Costly"

Stories like yours above are why companies like VFC deserve a huge pat on the back. I really hope they dont get scared away from innovating because of the chinese.

For sure. I'm glad to pay money for a quality product. There are people who say "I refuse to spend that on an airsoft gun" or "It's not worth it" but they will go out and buy a Dboys m4, have it fail on them and then spend as much or more making it preform to the standards the VFC SCAR does.

For sure. I'm glad to pay money for a quality product. There are people who say "I refuse to spend that on an airsoft gun" or "It's not worth it" but they will go out and buy a Dboys m4, have it fail on them and then spend as much or more making it preform to the standards the VFC SCAR does.

Heh, sound logic.

Too bad more people dont think like you do.

Buy right or buy twice dude.