Vega Force Company FN SCAR Light Gen. III

A question reguading the battery. I would like to use a 9.6 in my upcoming purchase (thanks to this review) and saw someone mention the intellect 9.6 battery. I know that the compartment is going to be a tight fit, but will this fit and still allow me to adjust the stock at all? Thanks again guys!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question reguading the battery. I would like to use a 9.6 in my upcoming purchase (thanks to this review) and saw someone mention the intellect 9.6 battery. I know that the compartment is going to be a tight fit, but will this fit and still allow me to adjust the stock at all? Thanks again guys!

Yeah. You can. I've got a 9.6 mini in my stock. If you put it in carefully, you will get the whole range of movement at all 6 positions for the stock. I just wish that they used a smaller fuse and/or more flexible wires. It's a bit of a pain in the *albatross* to be honest with you.

Yeah. You can. I've got a 9.6 mini in my stock. If you put it in carefully, you will get the whole range of movement at all 6 positions for the stock. I just wish that they used a smaller fuse and/or more flexible wires. It's a bit of a pain in the *albatross* to be honest with you.

Oh cool. One more question. I have an itellect 9.6 nunchuck battery, and Im assuming when you line the twi bars of cells together, they are the same dimentions as a regular 9.6. Is this true? I want to be able to fit it into the buttstock.

Oh cool. One more question. I have an itellect 9.6 nunchuck battery, and Im assuming when you line the twi bars of cells together, they are the same dimentions as a regular 9.6. Is this true? I want to be able to fit it into the buttstock.

I have both the Intellect 9.6v 2000 mah nunchaku battery and a Intellect 9.6v 1400mah mini battery. The nunchaku battery is larger than the mini. The nunchaku will also not fit in the VFC SCAR stock.

There are different kinds of nunchuck batteries.

There's one type where there are four cells on each side in a brick style configuration and then there's another pack with four cells on each side in a stick style configuration.

The stick style nunchuck pack should work, the brick style will not fit.

Hey guys, here's a question for everyone.

One of the scars that i just received came with a broke stock locking mechanism. The actual part that has the detents on it inside of the collapsible stock broke off so now the collapsible part does not lock in place.

I am being sent a replacement part but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to separate the buttpad portion of the stock from the cheekrest portion of the stock so that i can replace the part.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Fold the stock, you'll see two 3mm hex bolts. Undo the lower one and the stock will seperate.

Hey guys, here's a question for everyone.

One of the scars that i just received came with a broke stock locking mechanism. The actual part that has the detents on it inside of the collapsible stock broke off so now the collapsible part does not lock in place.

I am being sent a replacement part but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to separate the buttpad portion of the stock from the cheekrest portion of the stock so that i can replace the part.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I have both the Intellect 9.6v 2000 mah nunchaku battery and a Intellect 9.6v 1400mah mini battery. The nunchaku battery is larger than the mini. The nunchaku will also not fit in the VFC SCAR stock.

Just noticed this thread,

Hope for you yet guys

My intellect 9.6 2200 nunchuck battery pack fits very tightly but fits in the vfc stock , but the stock wont retract smaller than 4

• 2 weeks later...

Scar-Battery.jpg

Here's a conversion to Deans plugs including "some" of the wire I gutted from the stock. The battery chunk I converted into a charger adapter and the other I put in the loose wire drawer.

There was more wire cut out when I converted from the VFC pins to gold ones. I also added that little stretch of wire where the one pin was crimped right into the fuse box so there's not so much stress on that connection any more.

Finally got my hands on mine, gotta say its all very shiny, however theres a few little things I've noticed.

Firstly I found that when the stock is folded, it doesn't hook onto the bit on the main body of the gun very well, it's not so bad that the stock just swings back, but it takes very little force to move it back, unlike other folders, especially the G36 lines.

Also can anyone take some pictures of how they fit a 8.4v battery and the wiring, as whenever I've tried doing it, its ended up in me only being able to have the stock at is fullest extension, and also when trying to get all the wiring in, I feel like I'm going to snap the connection points to the fuse. So I'm thinking there must be a better way than I'm trying to do it.... Feel free to suggest any methods (my usual way is drop the battery in first and then try to fiddle with the wiring/fuse.)

The stock does not lock into the folded position, thats really my only major complaint with the gun.

Ive also had a couple of my guys down here break off the wires from the fuse assembly. There is way too much wiring in the gun right now.

I bypassed the fuse and ended up picking up 3 rounds per second. Get rid of it, it bleeds off way too much power.

Hey, so I've been looking at getting a SCAR model, and after much research and talking with some thers who own a few I've decided that VFC is the one, even if the internals aren't great at least the body is superb and if any internals break I'll have no problem fixing them at least. I've previously owned a JLS Scar, however now it's getting a spiked face plate, and already has a new pistol grip and an entirely new gearbox and parts, so it's not really a scar anymore, it's something else, something that looks almost as fearsome as a gun as it would as a club. However I want a VFC!! BUt where would be the best place to order one from (I live in the US)?

Sorry to Necro This Thread, But You were all talking about what i wish to Bring up.

I want to Install this

http://extreme-fire.com/SW-COMPUTER.html

Into my VFC scar, Unfortunatly the VFC has a hidden wire design, Does this foil my plans...

This is the Computer version of the Fet w/ 3rd burst.

i will be running an 11.1v Lipo, W/ Durability upgrade on the scar, I know it doesnt really need it, But im all for having a weapon that will keep up with me.

Edited by Salty6924

As far as the wiring, Im not too familiar with mosfets, but if you just put it in between some wires, there is plenty of wire going through the stock to install it... way too much, in fact. heh.

The gearbox connects to connectors that go through in to the stock and then on the inside of the stock, the connector connects to wires inside the stock. So its not all hidden. :P

Its a great gun though, I love mine! :)

Edited by Snake