Vega Force Company FN SCAR Light Gen. III

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a weird problem that I haven't seen anyone else have, the extendable part(http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...33TAN_srch_scar) of the stock just fell out. Does anyone have a pic of it removed/how it attaches? Thanks a lot.

If you go to post #6 of this thread and look at the last picture you'll see the front end of the stock and there are 2 hex head bolts there. The bottom one threads into a bolt that's captured in the little metal track in the slither part of the stock.

Hi, I am considering buying a VFC SCAR, so I have a feew questions about the gun:

1.) What is the barrel length when in CQC configuration?

2.) Are there any after-market hop-up chambers made for the gun?

3.) I am guessing everything in the gearbox is V2 compatible, but the gearbox itself is unique (because of the ambi-controls); is this correct?

4.) Expanding on Question 3, I am guessing the motor is a long type?

5.) More of a technical question, but what type of cylinder should be used if I plan to run it is short configuration? (ported or not)

6.) Are there any other little things that a potential buyer should know about?

7.) Also, I almost forgot, are there any guides/explinations for how to get a MIAD to fit or to get a PMAG to feed properly?

Thanks!

EDIT: *fruitcage* I knew I would forget something

8.) How does the color (FDE version) look in the field? I will be playing in a mostly woodland area, so I know the gun isn't exactly going to blend in, but will it look completly ridiculous or will it look decent?

9.) Trademarks are pretty important to me, so as long as I order from overseas will they come intact?

10.) Is the gun wired for Deans?

11.) Finally, what size are the bearings/bushings?

Edited by -=OGGY=-
Hi, I am considering buying a VFC SCAR, so I have a feew questions about the gun:

1.) What is the barrel length when in CQC configuration?

I'm not sure

2.) Are there any after-market hop-up chambers made for the gun?

No, but VFC replacement parts are abundant via WGC's website

3.) I am guessing everything in the gearbox is V2 compatible, but the gearbox itself is unique (because of the ambi-controls); is this correct?

That's correct

4.) Expanding on Question 3, I am guessing the motor is a long type?

Yes

5.) More of a technical question, but what type of cylinder should be used if I plan to run it is short configuration? (ported or not)

I usually see ported cylinders in SBR setups but I'm not sure

A 7.4v 25c 2200mah battery is the perfect fit for the stock. That would be my recommendation for any SCAR users.

7.) Also, I almost forgot, are there any guides/explinations for how to get a MIAD to fit or to get a PMAG to feed properly?

I don't know

Thanks!

EDIT: *fruitcage* I knew I would forget something

8.) How does the color (FDE version) look in the field? I will be playing in a mostly woodland area, so I know the gun isn't exactly going to blend in, but will it look completly ridiculous or will it look decent?

You're fine. It's a nice color when you see it in person.

9.) Trademarks are pretty important to me, so as long as I order from overseas will they come intact?

I got mine from UNcompany, and they were fully intact, just covered with tape.

10.) Is the gun wired for Deans?

No

11.) Finally, what size are the bearings/bushings?

6mm

A 7.4v 25c 2200mah battery is the perfect fit for the stock. That would be my recommendation for any SCAR users.

Thanks for all this usefull information contained on this topic. related with that question, is "out of the box" lipo friendly or you need to install a mosfet unit?

thanks!

Quick question guys. I have the firing auto on semi problem that some people had been reporting. So I installed a guarder cut off lever to see if that straightened it out. It didn't. But I'm not sure I installed it right. Never done a cut off lever before.

It seems to have some play in it, not just on the rotational axis, but it wiggles a bit too. When I installed it I noticed that it seemed as if the screw should go down tighter, but it didn't. When I was done, I noticed that I had a shim laying on the table. Did VFC actually put a shim on the cut off lever? Is my Guarder cut off lever somehow out of spec?

Thanks guys.

Thanks for all this usefull information contained on this topic. related with that question, is "out of the box" lipo friendly or you need to install a mosfet unit?

thanks!

I find the term "lipo ready" to be very misleading. Any stock AEG, be it a TM M4, or a VFC SCAR, or a Classic Army G3, or even a JG M4, are lipo ready. I wouldn't say they are 11.1v lipo ready, but just about any gun can run a 7.4v 20c or 25c lipo with no troubles. So, in this case, I would say the VFC SCAR is absolutely lipo ready. I ran mine without a mosfet at 465fps for LONG time, with no ill effects.

Quick question guys. I have the firing auto on semi problem that some people had been reporting. So I installed a guarder cut off lever to see if that straightened it out. It didn't. But I'm not sure I installed it right. Never done a cut off lever before.

It seems to have some play in it, not just on the rotational axis, but it wiggles a bit too. When I installed it I noticed that it seemed as if the screw should go down tighter, but it didn't. When I was done, I noticed that I had a shim laying on the table. Did VFC actually put a shim on the cut off lever? Is my Guarder cut off lever somehow out of spec?

Thanks guys.

So, did the problem only develop after it was disassembled once?

I'd get some liquid on the rubber to help it slide, and maybe put the barrerl in the freeer first and have the chamber at room temp.

I wetted mine down with silcon which helped it slip on but it took a while to shoot dry.

• 4 months later...