Vega Force Company FN SCAR Light Gen. III

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool! So that leads me to another question. What are the differences in "FET"s? I had a MOSFET in my old Mk14 but how is that different than what you've got there?

Another question, anyone know how to get a hold of VFC? Their website is AWFUL and I broke the latch on my SCAR's stock. :(

Edited by [BS]_MARS

Oh ok i see now, so the Gearbox itself acts as the heatsink then, i wonder if you could cram it in with the AB bits???

MARs you usually see them with 3 options. FET itself, FET with AB(Active Braking).

Active Braking modulates current to the motor, so that at the end of the cycle the piston is where it is supposed to be.

If you go to Extreme-Fire.net he has a video of the comparision.

Other than that you are really beating up the SCAR eh?

Edited by Azulsky
Oh ok i see now, so the Gearbox itself acts as the heatsink then, i wonder if you could cram it in with the AB bits???

MARs you usually see them with 3 options. FET itself, FET with AB(Active Braking).

Active Braking modulates current to the motor, so that at the end of the cycle the piston is where it is supposed to be.

If you go to Extreme-Fire.net he has a video of the comparison.

Other than that you are really beating up the SCAR eh?

From Psyphyer's scematics, at minimum you need 2xFETs (one of them n-FET?) and 2xresistors. I don't know if you can squeeze in all that into the mechbox. Psyphyer's package is already quite small but think has some depth to it so don't think it would fit into the mechbox. However if you do it yourself, you may be able to put some components inside and the rest outside (where there's space).

MARs, the one I have installed is the most basic form is a the n-channel power MOSFET. When you see the fancy ones out in airsoft shops, they may have double-MOSFETs, etc. I've not seen AB-FETs in the shops and had purchased from Gandolf directly. But for SCAR, I think we'll have to make our own AF-FET :-(.

I've skirmished my SCAR only once back in Oct :-( and haven't tested it since putting the FET in. Got a game going this weekend though so I'll get another opportunity.

My girlfriend and I picked up a pair of these Flat Dark Earth beauties from Fire Support a few weeks ago now and I can vouch for their superbitude. I can also confirm that the hop is nice an consistant, once you have it dialled in and in my case make sure the screw on the main adjustment dial is properly tightened - mine was slightly looser than ideal.

We have noticed that some of our CA midcaps have a bit of trouble feeding on full auto, but I suspect a little feed catch fettling will fix this.

The only week area of the design we've found is in the pull length adjustment on the stock. The castellated guide is made of glass filled polymer, but one of the teeth has chipped off, presumably due to some impact at some stage, while the stock was extended. I'm tempted to try milling a replacement part in aluminium.

Other wise the build standard just drips quality! It just begs for a real steel Eotech and the forthcoming EGLM as mentioned above.

Anyone know how to get replacement parts for it? My stock is still broken :shout:

Also, I run only CA mids through it and they haven't skipped a beat.

I'm guessing it's just a borderline batch of CA mags. They work OK in my SCAR, but not hers. It's not the first time I've noticed tolerances making feed latches malfunction.

I'd contact your supplier about spare parts. I've not seen stock anywhere, but it doesn't mean that they're not available on order. Fingers crossed.

Its gorgeous, i think the power connection is the best!

Errr...R U sure? Best from a cosmetic perspective, bad from an efficiency perspective. In fact there's something like 4x connection points from the battery to the mechbox and my colleagues & I are trying how to reduce them (battery stock part is easy - drop the fuse, since it's FETted). Trying to find a low resistance yet elegant solution without drastic dremel mods, has been challenging.

Anakchan, something ive been wondering...

Is there any current drain through those connection points when the gate isnt closed, ie the trigger isnt being pulled?

Im wondering if this gun is lipo safe.

It stands to reason that there shouldnt be any drain being placed on the battery when the circuit isnt connected but who knows. Like you said, there's a crapload of connection points.

Hello

It says "VFC Custom Gearbox ( Ver.2-Compatible Internal Parts )" in the WGC SCAR description.

What does it actually mean? What are the differences in GB construction? Any possible troubles with upgrading? Some parts won't fit?

Some of users have been dealing with SCAR for a while, what are your impressions about GB durability? Particulary comparing to CA GB, with most of the parts reinforced straight out from the box?

And how about battery? It won't accomodate SC batteries, but is there bigger stock available, like for CA SCAR? Would VFC stock really take 12 V battery?

I'd appreciate your opinions.

Anakchan, something ive been wondering...

Is there any current drain through those connection points when the gate isnt closed, ie the trigger isnt being pulled?

Im wondering if this gun is lipo safe.

It stands to reason that there shouldnt be any drain being placed on the battery when the circuit isnt connected but who knows. Like you said, there's a crapload of connection points.

Since I got mine I've been running a 7.4v lipoly and have seen no explosions or anything :). I've also run it in the rain if that's any extra insurance to you.