Vega Force Company FN SCAR Light Gen. III

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps what they meant to say was that they are waiting on VFC to start a new run of the L, as I read somewhere that VFC haulted production of the Light in order to make adeqaute numbers of the H in time for release.

Though its entirely possibly VFC are changing something and will be making a new gen of SCAR-L's.

They could very well be revising the L in order to bring it up to generation 4 standards, ie new selectors, tan hinge and revised folding front sight button.

Or, like the other members said, it could just be that they're on their second production run of guns.

Last but not least, in regards to the mosfet, ive been seriously considering modifying the stock as i honestly dont care about the folding ability of it. The downside to this is that i would have to bypass the neato hinge system and potentially interrupt the quick takedown procedure of the rifle.

The VFC product shots on their own website show a tan hinge.

Whether or not they redesigned the selector switches remains to be seen but im pretty sure the next production run of vfc scars will probably have a tan hinge, i could be wrong though.

Question for everyone.

Anyone else having issues with their hopup units?

The only buckings that i can get to work in the newer scar L's are the stock VFC buckings.

Every other bucking that ive tried has been too thick for the hopup unit and it ends up bunching or stretching the lips so that the gun double feeds something fierce.

Hi was wondering can you change your Hop up set. Can you buy a Vfc hop up set no 12. Or is there an aftermarket one available with a third party.

Has anyone changed there Hop up

Would like to know Thank you

You can email VFC in order to buy replacement hopup units. I should have a few on the way eventually whenever VFC gets back to me but there are no aftermarket units as of yet and honestly, i doubt there will be.

The stock unit is fine, its just a little too tight which is a good and bad thing.

You can email VFC in order to buy replacement hopup units. I should have a few on the way eventually whenever VFC gets back to me but there are no aftermarket units as of yet and honestly, i doubt there will be.

The stock unit is fine, its just a little too tight which is a good and bad thing.

Where/what mail do you mail to in order to order the hopup units/scar parts, i have mailed them on 2 different emails from their site at http://www.gb-tech.com.tw/ but with no luck.

Have they stopped selling parts?

Is there any other way to buy/obtain another hop-up unit in any way?

EDIT: just after checking around it seems WGC sells the hopups, however question still remains, do VFC/GB-Tech still sell replacement parts for SCAR?

Edited by rvn

VFC is a manufacturer, go through retail channels to obtain the parts. VFC should be concentrating on releasing new models for its consumers pleasure. The retail channels should be handling spare/replacement parts.

Hi was wondering can you change your Hop up set. Can you buy a Vfc hop up set no 12. Or is there an aftermarket one available with a third party.

Has anyone changed there Hop up

Would like to know Thank you

WGC are selling VFC spare parts, including the hop-up unit - item number VFC-PT-SCAR12 costs $16.00

Also, for anyone waiting for mid-cap magazines for the 'H' version, VFC plan on releasing them 'around September'

Edited by tomo
  • 4 months later...
hey has anyone put a lipo battery in their SCAR yet? if so, what type? (7.4V, 11.1V...mAH number?)

I run a 7.4v 2200mah 25C in the stock of mine.It's about the same size as a mini and fits tight in there.

Just like Mars im running 7.4 volt 20c lipo packs in mine. Been doing that for quite some time now. This gun is more than capable of handling the high discharge rates.

• 6 months later...

Put up some pictures of those battery packs.

I've just started on the SCAR to fiddle with a bit. I finally junked the fuse in the stock but still find the space in there and battery response underwhelming. I cracked open the box and swapped out the cutoff lever for a Guarder one (I was getting full happy on S). I may try and wedge a trigger master on top of the gearbox if the one in my 416 plays nice.

Your teardown guide was a great help in the swap too [bS]_MARS!