DBoyi's KAR98k - WWII01

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes :D fantastic replica has got hopup and as it comes with a allen key iam sure its adjustable.

guinness can you confirm that?

cheers

That's a big Roger Wilco there on the Hopup question :D

Page 2 of this thread, 8th image from the top-

And Enthagost, if you read through the thread, all will become clear on how the K98 came to "become darker" ;)

However, I will be adding pics of the process to the "Guinness's Weathering Guide" topic this weekend for anyone interested.

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness
I'm not sure what impressions my posts are giving you, but I love the gun.

For 80 USD before shipping, this thing is absolutely kickass... my arms get tired from fooling around with it so much :-p.

I was just letting people know my situation with the RS stripper clips.

The Marushin has a plastic bolt, and the Tanaka is way too expensive and not as much fun to screw around with... even if money weren't a deciding factor, I think I would still be leaning towards the DBoyi.

I really hope they make a Springfield 1903A4, the sniper version.. a Mosin Nagant, and a Lee Enfield.. I would buy all of them.

Now if they made gas versions... that would be ultimate.

[edit] Also I don't see how 8 USD for 2 shells is expensive... that means 10 shells is only 40 USD, or 20 USD for a set of 5 shells. I don't think I've ever seen metal airsoft shells that were cheaper than this. Even KWC python shells are 24 USD at the cheapest for a set.

gunner got shells for $2.5 each :( just paid boom this morning for the gun and 8 set of spare shells($8 for two), oh well

How's the gun so far Guinness? Do you plan on doing another accuracy test?

Really surprised theres only one review of this gun so far..

BTW, your guns look amazing!!

Thanks man!

I am actually editing a couple of pics from today right now and will have some info up in a few minutes hopefully!

Could we have a few closeups of the bolt and the spring inside? I have the nagging feeling it should be able to take AEG springs.

There are pics of the bolt, but I haven't torn the bolt itself down to bits yet- That is work for my Gun Dr.- So pics as soon as we tackle that :D

....Now for the bad news :tongue2:

Took the rifle down to the snowed in baseball field today because I knew there would be no one about and I could do some distance testing of the gun. It was almost dead calm, a light breeze at my back.

Set the target up at 50 feet and let 5 fly-

Walked up to inspect the damage, not one hit.

Went back, reloaded, let my Son have a go- once again no hits on target.

ShootingKAR98-Kneeling_sml.png

RomanShootingKAR98_sml.png

This time, when I loaded and fired instead of pointing directly at the target, I elevated a bit, and took my eye off the sights so I could watch the bb-

Finally a hit on the target- but I noticed that the bb had a pronounced 'arc'. I did the same for the next 4, loaded again and let my Son shoot, then went and inspected the target.

LowandLeft_sml.png

so...basically, the accuracy and range from the stock spring, with hop-up as far engaged as possible......sucks :(

It seems to be consistantly shooting left, and dropping around 40 feet out- you can see in the pic of the target, those shots were fired from 50ft, with about a 5 inch elevation over the target plate.

shootingKAR98-Standing_sml.png

I am going to take it to my Gun Dr. and see what magic he may be able to pull out of his hat- more on this later.

If anybody else has had a chance to range test the gun, that information is valuable and welcomed. I'd like to hear that others have had much better results than I have so far without altering the stock weapon.

Slainte!

any idea if there is an inner barrel in there?

Oh yes-

In the pics on page 2 I believe there are some pics looking down the barrel, you can see the hopup partially engaged. I haven't taken the barrel itself apart nor the bolt- that will be next in my quest to make this as accurate and worthy a gun as possible.

Slainte!

Are you sure the hop-up wasn't set too far?

That can sometimes kill velocity and at the same time produce no hop-up lift.

Good call, but yeah, we were out there for over an hour and we tried pretty much every setting of the hop-

Next step is to have the good Dr. tear the gun down, inspect the hop, probably replace it- and more importantly take a look at the spring.

I wish I had a 'reference' point from owners of the original Marushin on it's performance- it would be good to know if that gun had similar issues or was a solid performer- Although the fact that they went to a gas system my be all the answer I need :P

Slainte!

ughh...50 ft?

I truly hope that you got a lemon, though I would not wish it upon anyone to receive a bad gun especially you Guiness but for the sake of Dboys I hope it was a bad one. For a rifle like the 98k, might as well get a thompson or mp40 if you will be limited to that range

Ok, I have had mine for a little over a week now. I get perfect accuracy up to about 80-100 ft then 1 in every 3 shots hit the mark. So mine is on the money. Also took it to the local field and chrono'd it at a constant 334fps. Another thing about the striper clips, I can only ship them inside the US! I took them to the post office and tried to get an estimate for shipping for a guy in France and was told I couldn't ship gun parts outside of the country.

Ok, I have had mine for a little over a week now. I get perfect accuracy up to about 80-100 ft then 1 in every 3 shots hit the mark. So mine is on the money. Also took it to the local field and chrono'd it at a constant 334fps. Another thing about the striper clips, I can only ship them inside the US! I took them to the post office and tried to get an estimate for shipping for a guy in France and was told I couldn't ship gun parts outside of the country.

Well that is good news about the gun- I'm going to have my techie look at mine this weekend, so it will most likely be back up and running in no time! I Was hoping to get feedback from someone else with one.

Thanks!

Slainte!

ughh...50 ft?

I truly hope that you got a lemon, though I would not wish it upon anyone to receive a bad gun especially you Guiness but for the sake of Dboys I hope it was a bad one. For a rifle like the 98k, might as well get a thompson or mp40 if you will be limited to that range

talking of lemons :( got mine yesterday,the bolt face brokeoff from the cylinder spring houseing after four shots, emailed boom hope they can sort me with a replacement.