EOTech 553 & 557 Replicas Available Soon!

Victory

www.eBayBanned.com will soon be stocking 553 and 557 replicas.

I was talking to Paul, and between the two, the 553 has the better quality. The 557 is cheaper, as more plastic is used. I'm guessing a plastic hood instead of metal.

Both sure do look interesting, though!

-Vic

Airsplat already has the 557...it does have a plastic hood, but Booligan's review suggests the reticle problems have been somewhat fixed...somewhat.

I haven't heard much on the 553...plan on picking one up when it comes out.

-Vic

557? Are you sure? The 511/551 is the short one, the 512/552 is the long one, the 553 is the one with ARMS QD mount, and the 557 is the one with the controls on the side. The one that Airsplat has is the 551 and 552 replica. FYI-this is the 557:

557.jpg

553:

553.jpg

557? Are you sure? The 511/551 is the short one, the 512/552 is the long one, the 553 is the one with ARMS QD mount, and the 557 is the one with the controls on the side. The one that Airsplat has is the 551 and 552 replica. FYI-this is the 557:

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AC-SCP-EOTECH52.htm

See the buttons on the side? ;)

-Vic

Does anybody know how much higher the 553 sits on a rail than a 551? I got a copy 551 for my SCAR, but it sits too low to get a good sight picture. I need something that is almost as high off the rail as an Aimpoint in a cantilever mount. It looks like the 553 might be high enough, but it is so hard to tell from pictures.

Does anybody know how much higher the 553 sits on a rail than a 551? I got a copy 551 for my SCAR, but it sits too low to get a good sight picture. I need something that is almost as high off the rail as an Aimpoint in a cantilever mount. It looks like the 553 might be high enough, but it is so hard to tell from pictures.

.7mm, the replica 553 is the way to go. Regular 551/552 are a little low, that's why the real steel 553 was developed-to sit higher on the rail. You can get the same effect for the 552/552 if you put it on top of a LaRue Tactical EOTech mount...

.7mm, the replica 553 is the way to go. Regular 551/552 are a little low, that's why the real steel 553 was developed-to sit higher on the rail. You can get the same effect for the 552/552 if you put it on top of a LaRue Tactical EOTech mount...

Looking at my RS 551, 552s, and 553... I can co-witness with the 551 and 552, but the 553 sits very high and puts the BUIS in the bottom 1/4 of the screen. Personally, I'm more a fan of co-witness which sucks, because I love my 553.

Archived