G&P Stubby Killer

so your stubby was over 400fps out of the box? (with 0.2) :o WTH

...changed the following parts:

Replaced the Hop-up Chamber & arm with the First Factory Strike Chamber set.

Replaced the hop-up Bucking with a Soft Kurage packing.

Replaced the inner barrel with a Prometheus barrel (cut down only about 1 cm longer than the original)

Results:

Gun fires a clean 340-350FPS with .25g bb's (via Guarder chrono)...

Out of the box, as-is I was getting 325FPS with .25g.

...changed the following parts:

Replaced the Hop-up Chamber & arm with the First Factory Strike Chamber set.

Replaced the hop-up Bucking with a Soft Kurage packing.

Replaced the inner barrel with a Prometheus barrel (cut down only about 1 cm longer than the original)

Results:

Gun fires a clean 340-350FPS with .25g bb's (via Guarder chrono)...

Out of the box, as-is I was getting 325FPS with .25g.

sry din't catch at first.. , ;)

about 370 @0.20, far from mine @305 out of the box,

I'm working on it now..

this is to budorange:

From my experience with the Stubby Killer, it is a very durable gun. I've played and skirmished the gun for more than 5 full-day games. It has not bailed on me yet. As for upgrades, it doesn't seem necessary yet, because this gun is for CQC. From my experience and others that have this gun, it shoots on average of about 320 to 340 fps.

The parts I plan on replacing or putting in are:

Prometheus Inner Barrel

Systema Metal Hop-up set

And if you want to chrono something, it is probably a better idea to do it before you decide to replace everything. ;)

Edited by azngoonie313

Please, I'm planning on building a cheaper, lefthanded friendly knockoff, and I need to know: Does the SK have an outer barrel? It seems as if the supressor attached directly to the receiver...

BTW, did someone else see the DBoys based custom version available at Gunnerairsoft?:

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...products_id=871

gc-sbkiller-01.jpg

Please, I'm planning on building a cheaper, lefthanded friendly knockoff, and I need to know: Does the SK have an outer barrel? It seems as if the supressor attached directly to the receiver...

BTW, did someone else see the DBoys based custom version available at Gunnerairsoft?:

The SK does have an outer barrel.

I'm drooling all over those pics! Good work!!

thanks man

Edited by azngoonie313
From my experience and others that have this gun, it shoots on average of about 320 to 340 fps.

lucky you and your friends, wasn't my case.

as i said i was into upgrading because it was shooting 305fps/0.20 ootb

anyway I've managed it to work, replacing the whole gearbox .. ;)

I had one ready for another gun, so I placed it inside the stubby, now It shots fine 120mts with an ms120.

btw,you can't believe how hard was to unscrew the RAS, I had to because mine had the outer barrel somewhat tilted to one side,and so the hop chamber too.

2234976377_6c26d94d6f_o.jpg

Edited by budorange
  • 3 months later...

That thing is pretty! Next time ya get to posing with the camera though, ya think ya could take off those hand shields? I hate the look of those things, plus, they cover up the writing on the RIS..

I really like the look with the full size mag, scope, and front grip. And that 416 stock just seals the deal.. Just awesome. How many beebs ya put through it without touching the internals would ya say?

I think its so anoying that the version did not have the motor gear alignedso it stripped the pinion gear, it fires very slow, 350 fps this is a CQB weapon, High torque why ?, High torque gears why ?

Though it only has a ROF of 15, took the spring replaced it to fire at 280 fps and ROF only increased to 20 RPS was a disappointment in my view because my CQB weapons fire at 25 RPS so it was a little slow for me. The exterior was fantastic :)great detail.