Iraq photos

darkchild130

Hi guys, didnt want to start a picture thread so i thought id put it here. check out a few of my Iraq pics (im back home now so they cant have a go at me :) ) they are all safe for work, just thought id share a bit. (dont worry, the firefight videos are safely locked away)

Comments and questions welcome, i might put up a lot more in time.

CLICKY

Darkchild

EDIT: also, i should be in FHM's armed forces pullout next month, look out for my neck tat! (thats if they actually used my ugly mug lol)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, but the dude with the neck scar is Kevin Baglin, another NCO in my platoon. The night he got fragged in the neck i was in the vehicle behind him, we got rpg'ed, then crashed into his vehicle (driver couldn't see through the smoke) i got up on top cover and shot 2 guys while my boss laid down some heavy suppression with the Gimpy so his vehicle could be recovered. Then the warriors got involved and minced the rest of the insurgents with chain gun and 30mm. It was an awesome firefight, Bags was lucky to survive when you se the damage done to his vehicle. His scar is damn cool though!

Darkchild

Thanks for the comments guys. Baglin's fine, he got a fat insurance cheque for his neck scar. He isnt changing regiments, he is transferring to our 1st Bn to go on operations in Afghanistan. Im concentrating on courses next year so Afghan will have to wait a bit for me.

Cybersoldier: of course i still have it, i was a Green Jacket for 6 years!!! MY true capbadge lives inside my beret, behind my stupid bugle badge.

Darkchild

I was thinking that :D anyone else as kitted out as you are? Looks like you can carry alot more than the other guys with you and doesnt add too much bulk, haha...who wants to ask for a kitlist, ya know for that uber UK geardoness :D

yeah we can only show pics after we come home from our tour and nothing that compromises opsec. I was wearing a lot of gear in that pic cos it was building orientated (i was part of a roof team). Normally i didnt wear the elbow pads and only wore one dropleg.

Nearer the end of the tour a lot of guys started to copy me and they all bought shingles and kneepads.

Darkchild

New stuff? :huh: My regiment was originally formed in 1805.

Im in a Rifle regiment, we used rifles instead of muskets, green jackets instead of redcoats and developed modern skirmish tactics as opposed to fighting in squares.

My forebearers were the original special forces.

"We are the men of the black and green, finest colours ever to be seen!"

Darkchild

Archived