Post pics of your Belt Kits

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got my 1st line/belt kit in a stable setup. From left to right:   Emdom-MM CM Belt AustriAlpin Cobra Buckle HSGI Double Decker Taco (x2) TT Grenade Pouch TT Dump Pouch Leatherman MUT P

Thread resurrection ? My current belt kit is a bit of a mixed bag. Emerson clone belt- Left to right ESSTAC KYWI 2+1 Osprey Sharpshooter pouch Osprey AP pouch (modified) BFG Medium utility Ospre

Still trying to figure out a way how to set up my belt.  

Posted Images

In the british army its a bit different.

Your webbing caries the kit you need to FIGHT & survive for approx 24 hours and important stuff.

namely ammo, smaller items off a rat pack, fist aid kit, cleaning kit for your rifle, bayonet, water and quite often and entrenching tool (anyone who has been shelled will tell you they *never* left theirs behind afterwards)

Thats 'fighting order'.

Add to that your respirator haversack which is not on your webbing (well it shouldn't be anyway) but is alway within arms reach or over your shoulder.

Next bit is assault order which is as above but wiht a single daysack with your NBC suit in it.

Then you can add a second daysack wiht shelter kit, more rations, cooking kit and water proofs.

Everything else goes in your bergan and you only really get at it when harbouring up.

Yeah, pre Afghan invasion. Now, no.

Modern British loadout:

On your person you will have torch, knife, emergency medkit, map and whatever else you want.

Webbing carries ammo and water.

Daysack carries emergency rations, personal medkit, rifle cleaning kit, warm/wetkit, spare ammo and section kit eg entrenching tool, assault kit, claymores etc.

Bergan carries everything else.

Darkchild

Edited by darkchild130
On the floor

dsc0328jm3.jpg

Being worn

dsc0329ub8.jpg

dsc0330li1.jpg

Little touches added or soon to be added

-Single point 550 cord sling attached to suspenders

-Updated LC-2 suspenders

-d-link 550'd to belt to clip on empty mags

-maybe squeezing in a butt pack or utility pouch

That looks really cool.

I see you haven´t cleaned the m16, good :P

i take it you wear this during airsoft skimmish, so why the knife, i wouldnt have thought you would be allowed it.

because Gadge goes for as realistic an impression as possible. And I believe he also does some sort of re-enactment as well? or at least I seem to remember something about wearing the Brit kit outside of skirmishes at rememberance parades/days....

The knife is hardy going to be drawn is it, it's there for the look.

I for one think this thread is awesome! I've moved from being a total vestite (?) to fielding belt kit. Recently got all the bits for my Battlelab MOLLE belt. I only wish this thread had been around earlier.

I can't wait to see what else others are doing. Belt kit is a great break from CIRAS, MBSS, etc style loadouts. Good work!

The k98 bayonet is carried as a fighting knife, again i've period pics of this carried with mp40 pouches.

You can get away without the bayonet, Gadge. There are more photos of MP40, MP44 etc. armed personnel without the bayonet than with. I challenged the Pst! forum mob to post ten photos of personnel with machine pistols wearing the bayonet with their kit, and I believe they managed three. That's not a lot, bearing in mind that, between them, they probably own every book about german kit under the sun. As a hand to hand fighting implement, it's rubbish anyway. German regulations forbade the sharpening of the blade (as sharp bayonets invariably stick in bone and are a *badgeress* to pull out), so it's no good as a hand-held weapon, and it serves absolutely no purpose unless you have a rifle behind it. You can't even use it to open tins, it's that cack :D

The shovel is a far better close combat weapon :butcher:

Edited by BaggyPants
You can't even use it to open tins, it's that cack :D

The shovel is a far better close combat weapon :butcher:

But you can use it to open beer bottles as the vets showed my reenctment unit. They said it was basically the only use. For close fighting they carried boot knives.

To answer a few questions.

Its a no4 airsoft lee enfield from shoot and scoot.

I've got a webley but its a de-ac i airsoft with a S&W m10 as it was a popular private purchase for officers.

Yup i re-enact too.

I'm very well known and trusted at my local sites (i even run games for them sometimes) so carrying knives has never been an issue. To be honest I'm probably more dangerous with my hands than with a knife if i wanted to hurt somebody ;).

Most loaoduts that i have are pretty correct and normally if a bayonet is on the webbing its been superglued into its sheath.... I'm not doing that to a mint 1942 K98 bayonet with matching serial numbers that still has the original gun grease on the blade! :).

As for the K98 on my kit, saw it in a pic , liked the look, happened to have one seems a shame for it to sit on the shelf when its not *unrealistic* for it to be there.

As for k98 bayonets being cack for fighting with, i'd disagree. I've not had a go with but its a well balanced bit of steel with a mahoosive blade, given the choice between that or the spike bayonet for the no4 i know what i'd rather have in my hands (given that your average 1940s infanteer would *not* have the martial arts skills i've acquired over time except in UK commando type units).

I agree spades are better and nobody puts you on a charge for sharpening your own spade.....

NB were currently looking into having foam LARP entrenching tools made....

As for the jerkin its a 1941 British army cold weather jerkin (the original ones were issued during WW1), its a tad short on me but originals in that condition are incredibly hard to get without paying silly money now.

Footnote: the spike bayonet i'm wearing for use with the no4 *purposely* wont fit on an airsoft no4 its a deliberatley oversize muzzle.

Edited by Gadge

Don't get me wrong, Gadge, I'm by no means saying "don't wear the bayonet". It was done, but no one is going to call you out if you don't.

And you'll never change my mind about the cackness of the K98 bayonet as a hand weapon. You'd cause more damage hitting someone over the head with the hilt than trying to stab them with it. No edge to it and the blade is too thick to penetrate with a stabbing motion. It needs the weight of the rifle behind it to work. German veterans will tell you the same :D

Edited by BaggyPants

I believe you and what veterans say but I've just taken mine out to give it a bit of a whirl around and a thrust or two.

Its definatly going to put you down if that stabs you in the guts, no question....

I 'd seriously question the sanity of anyone who'd stake their life on the claim it wont penetrate with a stabbing motion, i'm not going to wreck a mint piece of militaria trying but i reckon i could punch through a fair surface with it - flesh and bone and combat uniform no problems.

you cant slash with it but you can certainly thrust and stab viciously, its fairly handy actually compared to say an ak74 bayonet.

Edited by Gadge
I 'd seriously question the sanity of anyone who'd stake their life on the claim it wont penetrate with a stabbing motion, i'm not going to wreck a mint piece of militaria trying but i reckon i could punch through a fair surface with it - flesh and bone and combat uniform no problems.

Once tried it on half a pigs carcass. Just wouldn't penetrate to any depth. Might as well have headbutted it, for all the damage it did :rofl:

Once tried it on half a pigs carcass. Just wouldn't penetrate to any depth. Might as well have headbutted it, for all the damage it did :rofl:

Fair play, cant argue with a field test just seems incredibly unlikely on paper although i totally believe you.

I've seen stranger things on mythbusters to doubt you :)

(edited for spelling)

Edited by Gadge
  • 2 weeks later...

My current first line:

FirstLine_01.jpg

FirstLine_02.jpg

Kit List:

-Eagle Duty Belt (Khaki)

-Eagle Belt Pad

-Safariland 6004 (Desert Earth)

-SOG Seal Pup and Kydex Sheath (painted coyote)

-Eagle MLCS Canteen Pouch

-Tactical Tailor PVS 14 case

-TAG 200rnd SAW Pouch

-2x Double Pistol Mag pouches.

• 3 weeks later...