Post pics of your Belt Kits

To get your minds off loli, here's some webbing :D

IMG00075-20100712-1748.jpg

Got the last couple pouches from my buddy today, wrapped up the loose ends and put some elastic webbing on the right shoulder for the Camelbak hose.

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got my 1st line/belt kit in a stable setup. From left to right:   Emdom-MM CM Belt AustriAlpin Cobra Buckle HSGI Double Decker Taco (x2) TT Grenade Pouch TT Dump Pouch Leatherman MUT P

Thread resurrection ? My current belt kit is a bit of a mixed bag. Emerson clone belt- Left to right ESSTAC KYWI 2+1 Osprey Sharpshooter pouch Osprey AP pouch (modified) BFG Medium utility Ospre

Still trying to figure out a way how to set up my belt.  

Posted Images

Btw, does anyone know how the bedroll dealio attaches? I can't seem to figure it out.

Two ways were common. The standard way is to attach the top clips of the poncho roll to the small d rings that hang of the bottom rear centre of the belt and the each side clip to the corresponding ring on the ammo pouchs (this also pulls the pouchs nicely back).

This solution can bang on the back of your backside a bit and additionally some guys aquired a second poncho roll for NBC kit. To fit a second one is a real pig and requires fixing the top clip to the back of the kidney pouches and the side clips to the top of the ammo pouches.

DSCF3339.jpg

You can almost see how the top roll attaches here (well at least you can see the long straps attached to the ammo pouches)

DSCF3347.jpg

Edited by Gadge

Ideal sort of setup, everything you need, no obligatory mahooosive plate carrier, like it. Now if only I was fatter and one of those would actually fit me...

It's a 3-piece belt, the center piece (where I have the butt pack) can be removed and the yoke attached to the two sides. I've got a 36" waist and with everything sinched down on the back, I've got all 3 pieces, with foam, and the front is wide enough that I can lay down prone (rolling is a different matter).

I love it personally, when we deploy to the field this will be worn overtop my frag vest, although if I'm tasked as a driver the butt pack will come off. Aside from that, each pouch is there for a specific piece of kit, seeing as my job gives me lots of little knicknacks and electronics to operate.

Edited by Lerch

It's a 3-piece belt, the center piece (where I have the butt pack) can be removed and the yoke attached to the two sides. I've got a 36" waist and with everything sinched down on the back, I've got all 3 pieces, with foam, and the front is wide enough that I can lay down prone (rolling is a different matter).

I love it personally, when we deploy to the field this will be worn overtop my frag vest, although if I'm tasked as a driver the butt pack will come off. Aside from that, each pouch is there for a specific piece of kit, seeing as my job gives me lots of little knicknacks and electronics to operate.

Must admit I had no idea that centre section could come out, makes it a lot more viable. Doubt I'd be able to get hold of the actual issue bit of kit though, how close would you say what you have there is to Blackhawk's LBE?

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/STRIKE-LBE-Harness.53.2.htm

Must admit I had no idea that centre section could come out, makes it a lot more viable. Doubt I'd be able to get hold of the actual issue bit of kit though, how close would you say what you have there is to Blackhawk's LBE?

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/STRIKE-LBE-Harness.53.2.htm

The Blackhawk LBE is designed off of Eagle's H-Harness, with a few added/removed features. The only one I could spot is the sternum strap and D-rings. Anyway, the side portions of the belt have the same D-rings the back does, so you can reattach them.

Lerch how are u fitting the buttpack and the hydro carrier on there?

My hydro covers that entire panel.

I'm a tall guy so the straps off the back of the yoke are let out a bit to fit better. The carrier only covers the top row of MOLLE on the belt and I attached the butt pack from the bottom row of MOLLE on the carrier and then kept weaving it through the rest of the belt panel (2 rows).

IMG00079-20100713-1857.jpg

IMG00080-20100713-1857.jpg

Ah i must have it running high then or the LBT hydro is longer. Will have to mess with it more next time i see it.

@CKinnerly

By the time you take out the center section on one of these you are essentially running a 2 peice MAV. The BHI is very bulky and stiff i dont know if the eagle is that way. My LBT is not.

It's been a while since I last posted here. Here is my 1st line I wear with my CIRAS or chest rig and Low-vis plate carrier. It also can serve as a range belt if need be.

1st line is made of: Eagle duty belt, Eagle belt pad, x3 Eagle FB M9 pouches, Emdom dump, x2 Tactical Tailor triple M4 pouches, Pantac IFAK pouch, and Pantac flashbang pouch. My G19 is held by a Safariland 6280.

DSC06741.jpg

DSC06743.jpg

Not too bad. With AEG mags its negligible but with GBBR mags you know they are there, but they aren't bothersome. I figured if I "had to ditch" my gear in a fight I'd still like to carry some primary ammo with me. I'm thinking about using ITW fast mags but the $120 price tag is a turn off.

Any advantages suspenders on a duty belt+pad has over a MOLLE belt with suspenders?

Right now I'm running a TT duty belt and TT belt pad, was just going to pick up some HSGI suspenders (I'm correct in thinking they would hook up fine?) but found a used Pantac MOLLE belt with Pantac suspenders for the same price.

I've never needed suspenders on a belt with a pad or a MOLLE belt. And I usually run some pretty heavy first lines. If its worn right and tightened you shouldn't have a problem. YMMV.

That's what I was hoping for, but the duty belt dug into my hips where the belt pad didn't fully wrap around to.

Edit: It seems my belt pad is a bit small because on much of the front of my belt, there's no padding (comparing to roecar's pics)

Edited by choffman10

One of the major benefits of using suspenders with padded belts is that when you have a lot of weight on your belt, rather than having that weight all on your hips, using the suspenders you transfer most of the weight to your shoulders. It's certainly not a requirement. I've run my belt kit with 4 fully loaded 5.56 mags (29 rounds each), two 17 round pistol mags, and my M&P plus MOLLE hoster ... it wasn't a light rig, and I didn't need suspenders to keep it in place on my hips. But I can certainly see how some people with differing anatomy could need suspenders to keep it in place. Generally though, in my experience the biggest benefit of suspenders is comfort.

One of the major benefits of using suspenders with padded belts is that when you have a lot of weight on your belt, rather than having that weight all on your hips, using the suspenders you transfer most of the weight to your shoulders. It's certainly not a requirement. Generally though, in my experience the biggest benefit of suspenders is comfort.

Vouching for suspenders here as well. I like the Emdom ones personally.

I agree with the both of you guys, usmcorps and hunk. Its really a personal preference. Comfort has been a bother, yet at least. However when I get into real steel in the very near future I could see how if may start to become uncomfortable after much more extended periods with loaded mags, a real pistol, and 16" rifle too.

Image1447.jpg

Image1448.jpg

Image1449.jpg

Image1450.jpg

Image1451.jpg

From left to right going around the back:

-Maxpedition Grimloks

-ACM pistol mag pouch

-Flyye Accesory Pouch

-ACM MOLLE Pistol Holster

-Taiwangun radio pouch

-Taiwangun drop pouch

-Flyye triple AK pouch

-ACM pistol mag pouch

Here's my 'belt kit' in the traditional British sense of the term...

MCbeltkit.jpg

All genuine MC

1 x 'Contact Left' roll pin belt

2 x 'Contact Left' Ammo pouches

1 x Vanguard Yoke

2 x Tru Spec Canteen pouches

1 x PLCE utility pouch

I got bored of trying to wear my RAV during woodland games so I decided to fall back on a variation of my 'old school' 58/44 pattern belt kit. All that remains is to add a small radio pouch and a few greeblies.

This will be worn with a MC Recce smock, Ops DA pants, cut down boonie and my 226 on a thigh mounted serpa - pics to follow :)

Much more comfortable for 24 hour woodland games

Edited by Red5
  • 2 weeks later...