Post pics of your Belt Kits

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got my 1st line/belt kit in a stable setup. From left to right:   Emdom-MM CM Belt AustriAlpin Cobra Buckle HSGI Double Decker Taco (x2) TT Grenade Pouch TT Dump Pouch Leatherman MUT P

Thread resurrection ? My current belt kit is a bit of a mixed bag. Emerson clone belt- Left to right ESSTAC KYWI 2+1 Osprey Sharpshooter pouch Osprey AP pouch (modified) BFG Medium utility Ospre

Still trying to figure out a way how to set up my belt.  

Posted Images

I'm still using rental primaries so my current rig is for my sidearm only.

Untitled-1.jpg

Belt is a viper security belt. not the best belt in the world, but it was very cheap, and does the job.

L-R:

spare mag for sidearm in ex-police mag/multitool pouch

solarforce L2m in viper torch/baton pouch (with foam at the bottom, because it's too long)

lanyard for torch (DIY paracord model)

Leatherman core in factory leather pouch

lanyard for sidearm (DIY paracord again)

Viper holster, which will house my KJW G23 once I pick it up on sunday.

Once I get my weaponlight for the glock, the holster is being replaced by a gunclip, and the torch will be removed altogether.

eventually I need to add a dump pouch, and some mag pouches for whatever I get as a primary.

Edited by bobthebuilder

Bobthebuilder you might want to lock those lanyards down. They seem a little long and will almost certainly get caught on something. Probably to the hilarity of everyone else.

Both where carefuly measured to provide the length I needed without any extra. maybe I just have long arms?

I was planning to tuck the pistol cord into the leg straps of the holster to keep it under control, but I'm not sure what to do with the other. and I think I can probably wrap the light lanyard around the body of the light, and it should be able to rotate in my hand, paying out the cord as I deploy the light. I will have to experiment....

that being said, I should probably put a coil type lanyard or two on the shopping list ASAP.

Get a coiled landyard for the pistol and ditch the rest. If you actually need a lanyard not to loose your flashlight, you should really look into getting a pouch that will hold it safely instead.

Granted, you might not lose it, but a 50cm drop onto a sharp rock can knock out most lights.

I really like my Gemtech, got it on these forums used for like $5. I agree those paracords are going to snag, and it ain't gonna be pretty when they do.

You might want to rethink why you have lanyards in the first place. Most of the time they are a hinderance rather than a help.

I really like my Gemtech, got it on these forums used for like $5. I agree those paracords are going to snag, and it ain't gonna be pretty when they do.

You might want to rethink why you have lanyards in the first place. Most of the time they are a hinderance rather than a help.

I've replaced the pistol lanyard witha coil type (viper not gemtech, since it was all I could get hold of in time for yesterday)

And I've eliminated the flashlight alltogether. just didn't need it.

having tested the rig out at the weekend, I'm making a few more changes. moving my radio onto the belt (was clipped to my jacket) and adding a pouch for loose ammo storage, so I can eliminate my assault pack.

Edited by bobthebuilder

Had to wait a long old time on an order form G-Code, but now that's finally arrived here's my belt setup to partner my Strandhögg.

IMG_0487-1.jpg

-TT Fight Light Battle belt

-ATS Warbelt insert (love these things)

-BFG Helium Whisper Double pistol mag

-TT FL Roll-Up dump

-SKD variant HSGI UDHP, custom modded myself to mount an RTI wheel inside for modular holster attachment (under advice from uscm)

-G-Code SOC Rig with P226 + TLR-1 Lower cowling

I did buy the TT FL 4-point harness to accompany the belt, tried it when I got to my last game and it turned out to really not be needed with this particular belt. Might try the BFG SOC-Cs instead, but it all stays up pretty comfortably without any sort of yoke system as it is.

I'm far from the first person to do this so I can't claim any points on the ideas/originality front, but it is pretty comfortable, secure, gives you good freedom of movement and looks after your holster & sidearm, so I can't knock the performance at all.

The only belt I think might edge out the TT is the new Brokos style 6/12 design from FirstSpear, but I think I need to actually put a few hours in with this one before I start looking at yet another one.

I'm a big fan of the US Grunt Gear Infidel and Infidel II Padded War Belts.

http://www.usgruntgear.com/inpawarbe.html

http://www.usgruntgear.com/iniipawarbe.html

I've tried pretty much every padded belt out there. These are my favorites. I've worn these belts in several carbine classes and they've done a great job of distributing weight, retaining gear, staying in place and still being relatively low profile. I've seen students in class with various different kinds of popular padded belts struggle with keeping the belts where they need to be when shooting from prone, supine, urban prone positions, coming out of those positions and generally running about and having those belts slip and slide about. I don't use padded belts these days, but if I did, I'd use the US Grunt Gear Infidel belts.

Personally, I'm surprised more people don't use non-padded belts to carry their kit. A decent shooter's belt setup (like Ares Gear Belts or Jones Tactical) will carry everything you need and yet stay low profile enough under your chest rig setup. For example, on this belt setup here I've got two 17 rounders 9mm mags, a 30 rounder 5.56 mag, a 60 rounder 5.56 SF mag, a M&P (holstered) and still have real estate for another pistol and rifle mag and dump pouch if needed:

401973_10150601988941133_1867113339_n.jpg

I'm a big fan of the US Grunt Gear Infidel and Infidel II Padded War Belts.

http://www.usgruntgear.com/inpawarbe.html

http://www.usgruntgear.com/iniipawarbe.html

I've tried pretty much every padded belt out there. These are my favorites. I've worn these belts in several carbine classes and they've done a great job of distributing weight, retaining gear, staying in place and still being relatively low profile. I've seen students in class with various different kinds of popular padded belts struggle with keeping the belts where they need to be when shooting from prone, supine, urban prone positions, coming out of those positions and generally running about and having those belts slip and slide about. I don't use padded belts these days, but if I did, I'd use the US Grunt Gear Infidel belts.

Personally, I'm surprised more people don't use non-padded belts to carry their kit. A decent shooter's belt setup (like Ares Gear Belts or Jones Tactical) will carry everything you need and yet stay low profile enough under your chest rig setup. For example, on this belt setup here I've got two 17 rounders 9mm mags, a 30 rounder 5.56 mag, a 60 rounder 5.56 SF mag, a M&P (holstered) and still have real estate for another pistol and rifle mag and dump pouch if needed:

401973_10150601988941133_1867113339_n.jpg

Yeah, I've given up on belt rigs too. I've pretty much switched to just a chest rig, since I found that leg rigs were restricting my range of leg movement in game, which was a huge hindrance for someone who plays fast and hard. That being said, I may go ahead and order one of those Jones belts (even though there's a 7 week wait on shipping), because as good as my Warrior rigger's belt is, after using it for nearly 2 years now, the Velcro is losing its' adherence and regularly comes off in game. Sometimes I'll run a Fobus with a USP on my right hand side, and though the WAS belt is strong, the USP still kinda flaps about when I run.

Plus, those Jones belts looks pretty sexy.

Yeah, I've given up on belt rigs too. I've pretty much switched to just a chest rig, since I found that leg rigs were restricting my range of leg movement in game, which was a huge hindrance for someone who plays fast and hard. That being said, I may go ahead and order one of those Jones belts (even though there's a 7 week wait on shipping), because as good as my Warrior rigger's belt is, after using it for nearly 2 years now, the Velcro is losing its' adherence and regularly comes off in game. Sometimes I'll run a Fobus with a USP on my right hand side, and though the WAS belt is strong, the USP still kinda flaps about when I run.

Plus, those Jones belts looks pretty sexy.

I would recommend Ares Gear Belts over Jones Tactical. Ares Gear was the originator of the design which many others have since copied (including Jones Tactical which is a matter of public record), furthermore, the cost is about the same, the wait is only 4 weeks for Ares Gear, and since you mentioned Velcro failing on belts, Jones tactical belts have Velcro whereas Ares Gear doesn't have any.

I have an old style Warrior PLB padded belt and it is quite solid. There is a little bit of movement between the padded bit that is belted on and the outer section with the molle webbing, but it's not enough to cause an issue at all.

I've started using a non padded on occasion too as its a lot lighter and more open for hotter days and I find that works just as well for me with what I have on it.

I guess that the shape of your body will play a big part in what you find comfortable due to how it sits.