St. Keith Screw-Up

Mike_West

So, Keith, for once, messed up big time. Instead of detailing what's in the huge-*albatross* 1K quid package, he just wrote "Toys-Model Guns, 1 lot, 550 quid, Toys-Model Gun Accessories, 1 lot, 450 quid". Since it was a huge-*albatross* package, customs decided to crack it open and look inside. Now they demand a detailed invoice to check if everything is in order, so they can slap me with customs charges.

Blaming it on customs officers doing their job properly would be plain unfair - the previous package from RSOV had similarly badly written invoice, but then I somehow avoided customs control...

It's due to some stupid regulations regarding imports from outside the EU. Luckily, they didn't stamp the shirt - I found some legalese "sod that, we ain't opening it, everything's on the paper anyway" stamp on the customs charges bill and that's all.

The matter has been resolved. Customs got the detailed invoice Keith sent me a few days later.

• 3 weeks later...

i have ordered lots of stuff from both RSOV and Gunner

i find these simple rules help

1 budget 20% for customs

2 send UPS they know what they are doing (cost extra but worth it)

3 prey to whatever god you believe in that customs don't hit you

4 if you pass customs with no charge use monies put aside to have a celebration drink

i have been hit with customs a couple of times got lots through

hope it helps

Archived