APS2 parts in a CA M24

Desert Fox

I've got an old CA M24 lying around that really needs an overhaul. Its been awhile since I've used it and I'm currently in love with my M14. However, it really bugs me I have such a lovely weapon sitting around doing nothing.

As some of you guys might know, CA M24 parts are pretty much non-existent anymore. If they're out their, they cost way too much or cannot be found. Here's my question, how similar or APS2 parts and M24 parts? I'd be pretty much gutting the entire rifle except for the stock and outer barel of course. So I'm looking at a tightbore, new hop up, a complete cylinder kit and zero trigger. Could you get that to fit into an M24 with some possible modding?

It would save me an extra 300 bucks if I didn't have to go out and buy an ASP2. Besides, I like the CA feel better.

Thanks!

Pretty much all APS-2 parts are compatible, except for the Hop Up, which PDI makes a Hop Up unit for the M24 anyways. Also, the zero trigger unit needs slight modding to fit, I'll provide you to a link after this.

FF-PSS2-TC First Factory - Teflon Cylinder for APS2 US$102.00 US$102

GD-APS2-03 Guarder Ultra Light Aluminum Piston for APS2 Series US$29.00 US$29

GD-PT-APS201 Guarder Taper Cylinder Head for APS-2 Series US$20.00 US$20

FF-PSS2-SG First Factory - PSS2 Spring Guide for APS2 US$30.00 US$30

FF-SP-150SP First Factory - PSS2 150 Spring for APS2 US$21.00 US$21

FF-PSS2-PH First Factory - PSS2 Piston Head for APS2 US$12.50 US$12.5

GD-PT-APS208 Guarder Steel Bolt Handle for APS-2 OR & SV US$36.00 US$36

Grand Total Cost: US$250.5

That will get you to about 500fps, with reliability and consistency.

The M24 Zero Trigger installation.

http://www.86th.org/?id=zerotrig

Hope that helps!

Bingo, thats exactly what I needed! Good to hear I can put that rifle to good use. It'd be a shame to scrap it becuase of lack of parts.

Thanks so much!

EDIT

I could salvage my trigger assembly, it could be replaced in the future but if I stuck with the stock M24 trigger set would it still be compatible with the APS2 parts?

I do realize it will need to be replaced. But until then I can save the extra 160.

I have considered gas however the consistency as preivously stated isn't where I'd like it to be. Also, while I speak there's 3-4 inches of snow outside. I'd like to use this rifle in the winter as well...otherwise I might have already gotten the Tanaka M40A1.

Thanks for your help guys, I should have this put together by christmas. Looking forward to shooting this thing again.

Archived