Pictures Of Yourself In The Field Or At A Game

Thats me sitting crosslegged in the staging area. Like towellie, I have no idea what's going on. Thanks for the pic Doc!

No problem Roob. This was after the "You can leave the field!" inccident. :D

Even though I did not play that day I still had a blast!!! :)

Edited by BB_Doc
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ahhh, the izmit.... i remember those

it is fun. i *fruitcage* hated doing the m203 though, they always make us reload the 40mms all slow... "for safety"

who needs THAT?

:D

-Joe

I forgot what they called it during BCT, but those air operated M16's were really cool. I didn't like it a whole lot, though, because the sand bags were NOT filled with sand (they didn't like to flatten out) and hard ground sucked for the prone positions.

Air conditioning was GREAT, though.

Taken during the break at Sundays wwii game.

My new panzer officers kit on the right. (the allies had to capture/assassinate me to prevent an axis armoured attack in the afternoon... needless to say they failed miserably despite my being horrically conspicuous in black and pink...

Pq2D_ef9-88c2144f38a9218682db12d291.jpg

I forgot what they called it during BCT, but those air operated M16's were really cool. I didn't like it a whole lot, though, because the sand bags were NOT filled with sand (they didn't like to flatten out) and hard ground sucked for the prone positions.

Air conditioning was GREAT, though.

We didnt get any sand bags because we were only doing standing and transition to kneeling. But holy ###### the M16A4 was like 12 lbs and all of it was stuffed in the rail because of all the tech stuff they needed to make it work. But still THE BEST damned Pool Function ever, especially when I got to rock and roll on the 240!

its called an "izmit"

-Joe

IIRC its ISMT, Interractive Simulation Marksmanship Training but what you have is the phonetic version of it.

Edited by 5 to 1
Where are those games being held? I'd love decent WW2 games, but I can't justify spending money on kit for a one-off

Hi Nilz

They are far more than 'one offs' my friend. At present four UK groups run regular wwii games (averaging out at abut one game per month minimum) with a few big 'mega games' planned.

These are Comrades in Arms, Poor Bloody Infantry (my own group with yith and friends), Gunman Airsoft and First and Only Airsoft.

Most these games are co-ordinated on the Comrades in Arms forums (www.ww2airsoft.org.uk).

To give you an idea off memory in the next few months we have a British and German tactics and training day in Jan, a similar US vs axis one in feb. Operation Varisty and 'the eagle has landed' in March and a massive Sicily battle planned for he summer.

Hi Nilz

They are far more than 'one offs' my friend. At present four UK groups run regular wwii games (averaging out at abut one game per month minimum) with a few big 'mega games' planned.

These are Comrades in Arms, Poor Bloody Infantry (my own group with yith and friends), Gunman Airsoft and First and Only Airsoft.

Most these games are co-ordinated on the Comrades in Arms forums (www.ww2airsoft.org.uk).

To give you an idea off memory in the next few months we have a British and German tactics and training day in Jan, a similar US vs axis one in feb. Operation Varisty and 'the eagle has landed' in March and a massive Sicily battle planned for he summer.

Good news :) Time to do some research I suppose and look into the viability of getting skirmishable WW2 German kit together before summer! Or perhaps UK Paratrooper (have a 1942 stamped helmet, just need to swap out the suspension)

If you ever change your mind and want to swap that helmet let me know!

Seriously we run a UK airborne group, we dont do paras we do 'airlanding' as they are the unsung heroes.

We do 2nd Bat South Staffords, its all the same kit, just a different capbadge and we get there by glider!

Be good to have you on board if you'd liek to join us for a game.

What I find funny is how people just insist on using boonie hats no matter how cold it is. I once had a game where a guy used a boonie hat even though there was over a meter of snow and -20C cold. Myself, I have used my watch cap since september. Boonies are tropical hats for a reason. :P

What I find funny is how people just insist on using boonie hats no matter how cold it is. I once had a game where a guy used a boonie hat even though there was over a meter of snow and -20C cold. Myself, I have used my watch cap since september. Boonies are tropical hats for a reason. :P

I'm surprised you have not yet realized that this sport is a fashion show and most gear purchases are not so much about utility. The guy wanted to look cool, give him a break.

Here's a couple of my teammate and I at a Fort Ord game last weekend. During briefing, we are the two ACU guys in the center, I'm on the right.

232795213-X2.jpg

Us again in regen

233207308-M.jpg

Edited by Benson