Hey Eddie great guide for the people on here who are not in the forces. Just 2 points on your mmneonmics, The one for why things are seen is the 7 S's which i've put below you were only missing one which was shine I think.

7 S's

Shape

Shine

Shadow

Silhouette

Surface

Spacing

Sudden Movement

And on the reaction to enemy fire we use RTR just because it is easier to remember.

RTR

Return fire, take cover, Return appropriate fire

Apart from that a very good guide. PM if you are interested in maybe writing up a few more tactics guides to go up on here?

Seen.

Cheers dude, nice to know people have actually read it.

The only thing I'll say is, I haven't actually missed Shine from the list. I don't know about the army, we have chaged it to exactly I listed it.

Was a bit confused myself when it forst changed as I always learnt 7s's and M myself, but some decided to put a coulple of the S's unser texture.

I may change it in the guide, as I think the old way is easier to remember.

Edited by Eddie182

Oh and I'm also doing a field formation guide in slow time, just need to get some of the cadets I teach to pose for demo photos.

I'll let you know when I next do one. It'd be nice to have someone a bit more clued up than myself to work with and go over stuff.

Did think about a fire and manuver guide, but couldn't really think how to show clearly how it al works without practical demos etc. Possibly powerpoint or a short vid etc may so the job. We'll see.

Edited by Eddie182
Oh and I'm also doing a field formation guide in slow time, just need to get some of the cadets I teach to pose for demo photos.

I'll let you know when I next do one.  It'd be nice to have someone a bit more clued up than myself to work with and go over stuff.

Did think about a fire and manuver guide, but couldn't really think how to show clearly how it al works without practical demos etc.  Possibly powerpoint or a short vid etc may so the job. We'll see.

Video's are a good idea. Power point helps but you can't beat either watching or doing for real to help ya make sense of it.

eg,

man 1 fires, man 2 fires, man 3 fire........once the last man in the section has fired a round it goes back to man 1 and starts all ovcerf again.

We use it when low on ammo. Maybe it's not used anymore, must admit to not being 100% up to date anymore.

eg,

man 1 fires, man 2 fires, man 3 fire........once the last man in the section has fired a round it goes back to man 1 and starts all ovcerf again.

We use it when low on ammo.  Maybe it's not used anymore, must admit to not being 100% up to date anymore.

Not been taught it like that, Section commander just gives individual fire orders like LSW gunners fire. Rifleman 1 & 2 fire. Up to his discretion after all he is in charge of ammo conservation.

Ripple is just a cadet thing mate. Its only taught in the ACF to make up for having single shot weapons (and a lack of blanks naturally.) Its also useless in airsoft as the whole tactic depends on having a large number of peoplewo are organised and highly trained. Its just one step up from the volley fire at rorkes drift! And if you did use ripple fire in airsoft i do get the feeling that you'd get badly owned.

Why not make a video next time you have to do a practical demo for the chegs when youre in the field? You could then show it to the guys youre teaching and.....leak onto armies too lol.

It's not just a cadet thing, well maybe it is now. I was originally taught it during basic training. wouldn't be suprised if it's not used all that much, as I've never come across it since.

The only problem is, the fieldcraft teaching differs a bit between the army and airforce, for obvious reasons, so things aren't always the same.

But you are correct, ripple fire's use in airsoft would be quite limited.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

you ACF dudes are absolutely unfairley lucky... in the ATC we arent aloud to use weapons on exercises... bloody core regulations... anyway... i digress... as we only use the L98 on the range, we do all the standard practices, plus we do a practice called magic round about which is off the point aswell... but we do one where we simply are numbered off, and the RCO will say 'No 1' at which point person one will fire a shot, then he'll/she'll say No 2 and 2 will fire etc... do you guys do that?..

• 1 month later...

Shoot and scoot. I still come across a fair few airsoft players who don't move around enough...instead they give the opposition the time and oppurtunity to figure out where they're shooting from; outflank them and knock them out of the fight.

When looking around corners, don't just stick your head out into open space. Step back and lean slightly round the corner.

Edited by Pave_Hawk
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...