instead of which should I.... which SHOULDN't I...

Ryan

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top idea for a thread. Yup, Antagon pretty much hit the nail on the head with his list. I would also add to that...

• Maruzen MP5k GBB (unless you only want to run it on 134a Gas),
  • TM Uzi (unless you just want a plinking gun)
  • Western Arms Berettas (unless you have lots of money and want to upgrade it further - even then they're debatable),
  • Western Arms Colts (unless you have lots of money and want to upgrade them further - then they're pretty good),
  • Systema Training Rifle - First Version

There's probably a few more, but these should do for now.

Top idea for a thread.  Yup, Antagon pretty much hit the nail on the head with his list.  I would also add to that...

• Maruzen MP5k GBB (unless you only want to run it on 134a Gas),

• TM Uzi (unless you just want a plinking gun)

• Western Arms Berettas (unless you have lots of money and want to upgrade it further - even then they're debatable),

• Western Arms Colts (unless you have lots of money and want to upgrade them further - then they're pretty good),

• Systema Training Rifle - First Version

There's probably a few more, but these should do for now.

Have to disagree with the WA Berettas (and the Colts for that matter) - They might not be the cheapest option, but there's nothing wrong with them, except the standard Beretta mags inability to always empty all the BBs on a fill of gas.

What to avoid? Well, Glocks, basically - They're all tempremental, in my experience.

Cheers.

Weird. Every WA gun I have used has been tempremental and every Glock I have used has been faultless.

I guess we are looking at the same things from different perspectives. I, like you, am quoting from my own experiences, not forum babble. It looks like we have had VERY different experiences :D

As I mentioned, it is looking at this issue from two different perspectives. If you don't skirmish (as I believe Snowman doesn't) then WA guns are not too bad - still damn pricey though. If you do skirmish, you can get a decent Glock for half the price that is just great.

I know which one I would rather have.

I have also seen a LOT of WA pistols break down and have NEVER seen a Glock come apart.

Um, how is the inability to empty a mags worth of bbs NOT a disadvantage worth considering? That's a pretty damn big drawback, given that , say a Glock mag will cheerfully hold enough gas to empty it of bbs twice over.

:zorro:

Which is why I said there was nothing wrong with them EXCEPT that...

Of course, most Glocks will vent all their gas half way through the mag anyway, so the WA Beretta's probably better :)

It's true that I don't skirmish, which makes the problems I've seen over and over with Glocks so much MORE disappointing.

I've had over 40 WAs through my hands, old and new, and the only breakages I have seen are a thumb safety (through my own hamfistedness) on a very old and used PO P14-45, a broken load nozzle on an Elite 2 (easily replaced and it didn't actually prevent the gun working...) and a broken slide that was delivered with my Hybrid Comp (which, apparently, was ALWAYS used on Green Gas).

I've only had one Glock break on me (a G19), but every single one I've had has had problems with venting gas, old, new, 17, 19, 18C, 34, KSC & KWA. I think it's the internal hammer design as the VP70 exhibited similar behaviour.

One last thought - If WA's break so much, why can I never find broken ones for spare parts? :)

Cheers.

One last thought - If WA's break so much, why can I never find broken ones for spare parts? :)

Try reading the comments on recent reviews of the KJW 1911 and P14. There's a couple of people there wondering if parts are compatible to revive their dead WAs. :)

Are we putting springers on this list? If we are, don't bother with HFC springers. Or anything off the market. ;)

:zorro:

I have to agree with most of the items listed. But with one exception, Tokyo Marui mp5j. I happen to have one and its as solid as a rock. Nearly as solid as my freinds AK47 in my opinion. Only problem is its way to dammed light, but some might not consider that a con.

I've only had one Glock break on me (a G19), but every single one I've had has had problems with venting gas, old, new, 17, 19, 18C, 34, KSC & KWA. I think it's the internal hammer design as the VP70 exhibited similar behaviour.

Ohnoes! Snowman thinks that the only glocks are KSC/KWA ones!

Honestly, snowman, I would have expected better of you.

Ksc glocks vent very easily in cold, yes.

KJW/Marui glocks do not.

In fact, my KJW FMV G23 gives a solid 300fps in 12 degrees and one fill is enough for just under two mags.

Sliding a touch off topic, but I've never had any problems with WA's and I've been using them for about 10 years, so I find some of the previous comments surprising indeed.

I've had quite a few problems with Glocks, but I must admit I'm going back 4+ years. My recent ones have been quite good to date.

Personally I would highly recommend WA....... :P

Archived