instead of which should I.... which SHOULDN't I...

Ryan

Anything for Sid I suppose...

Back before I knew how to work on mechboxes myself, I took it to someone to have it repaired.  I didn't know that he didn't know too well what he was doing, it seemed to me as though he had experience.  So I sat and watched as he took it apart and put it back together seemingly correctly.  About a week later the problems kicked in.  The gun wouldnt load happily, and was making terrible noises.  Heres what was wrong:

1.  The timing, as asked for by sid.  The Sector gear had its nub (the small part that contacts the tappet plate) snapped off, and when I opened it, had the small area the nub would be in on a normal sector gear down in the 5 or 6 o'clock region.  This means it was contacting the piston wrong, and I also believe the nub was broken off due to his test firing it on this horrid timing.  The bevel gear as well was not engaged with the antireversal latch as it should've been.

2.  Well, had the Bevel gear been timed right, it wouldn't have mattered, the Antireversal latch was left floating around in the mechbox, not installed properly at all.

3.  The tappet plate was not notched in with the nozzle as it shouldve been.

So let that show you, only take your guns to people who have proven themselves to know what theyre doing, or do it professionally.  Another option is to learn yourself, I was taught on this very mechbox by thegunrunner on these forums.  I have pics I could dig up if you really want to see it.

The technical term for this is "broken". Not "not timed right". ;)

There's no such thig as gar timing. Its IMPOSSIBLE to time the bevel ger to synchronise with the anti-reversal latch since the ratios ween the gears are never exactly 4:1.

Everything else is handled by the sector gear. It's mpossibe o mess t up without physically damaging the sector gear.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard two things about TM M4's and MP5's, but here is my experience with them.

MP5SD

Two of them are (were) on my team. They both broke after about a month. One one, the motor burnt out, then the gears stripped, and then something happened with the tappet plate. On the other part of the body cracked, and even after upgrading, the gun still refuses to shoot. Both were run on 8.4 volt batteries.

TM M4

It stopped working. Period. It will shoot one shot normally, one shot at half range, then the rest of the bb's fall out of the barrel. No one can even figurw out whats wrong with it.

• 5 months later...

The WELL/CYMA P90. I cannot stress this enough, this gun is complete ######. From 10 feet away i coupldn't hit a piece of computer paper, and i'm a pretty good shot. I got this as a first gun, and hated it when shooting. Terrible feeding, low ROF, terrible FPS, terrible accuracy. I only kept it because i am a P90 fan and i decided to make it a "project gun" by modifying it in every way i could (note im too lazy to buy factory upgrades, i do everything myself). Now it kicks a good amount of *albatross* but NEVER BUY THIS, EVEN IF YOU ARE A BEGINNER.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
how about the super 90 'sniper rifle' ?

cant remember what mae it is though, HFC of UHC i think.

YES! I have owned one for a year. Complete rubish. Way to waste 175 bucks. The hop up units are pretty cheap; they'll crack if you load two bbs into the chamber at once, which happens often with the Hicap mags. So ur reduced to using the shells, which are a pain. Dont let anyone tell u otherwise.

Archived