Group Buy - Haynes Mechbox

Ross-Da-Boss

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should also run this on the rival forums, you will gain more support, i bought my haynes from that forum a while back.

Really, and it is the speed that breaks them? well it is not really, it is always the bearing or bushing under the Spur gear which breaks, because it handles all the pressure.

anyway, i know a few people who would not min getting their hands on these boxes, including myself. i just ordered the pro win black 8mm boks, which i paid 260 $ for, so this is cheap in comparison.

would love 8-9 mm bearings in this one though.

Prowins are completely different they include the hop chamber in the gearbox to avoid airloss thus improving compression, Then they are split in half gearboxes, becuase of the compression you can run an m80 spring giving you roughly 340 fps with insane speed because the spring is uber weak.

Haynes are just CNC reinforced aluminum version 2 gearboxes, its like comparing an MP5 and an M4, i had one last year bought on the forums they require minor work and filing down compared to a Pro Win, they are only really usefull for high torque over high speed.

I sold my haynes with my Rifle a shame at that because it was a great gearbox.

Run me a 9mm and ile have one :)

you know this thread has a lot of info on why the bearings are 7mm not 8 and 9. supposedly the bearings used in most gearboxes are level 1 grade, and the 7mm used in these are level 4 ceramic bearings... supposed to to be able to handle 70 k rpm lol. also they're pressed in rather than just drop in so the bearing doesn't spin around in the gearbox shell just on the gear axles. so it probably doesn't really need the extra 2mm haha

heres the link for the thread

http://oplionclaws.com/forums/viewtopic.ph...a5ec1a0b362c929

Well the danish community alone is ready to put down the money for at least 10 units, from what I can read in this thread. That counts for 14% of the total minimum order and we represent one of the smallest communities that is also active here on arnies. C'mon people, start ordering so the production can begin.

When we get close to 70 if someone else doesnt first i will start asking for contact info so either i can handle it or if someone else wants to we can give the info to them

When i get a shot in the next day or so ill go through the thread and count up gearboxes and see where we are at. We need to ask what the production time for the gearboxes are.

you know this thread has a lot of info on why the bearings are 7mm not 8 and 9. supposedly the bearings used in most gearboxes are level 1 grade, and the 7mm used in these are level 4 ceramic bearings... supposed to to be able to handle 70 k rpm lol. also they're pressed in rather than just drop in so the bearing doesn't spin around in the gearbox shell just on the gear axles. so it probably doesn't really need the extra 2mm haha

heres the link for the thread

http://oplionclaws.com/forums/viewtopic.ph...a5ec1a0b362c929

Okay, If you tell me that Kanzen ceramic 7mm bearings are lvl. 1, then I might believe in those bearings.

Because they don't hold more than 5000 shots.

QUOTE ("MTHaynes" from forum: Operation Lion Claws

)

We are now fitting the gearbox with a level 4 bearing. This bearing is capable of 70k rpm.

Lets do some math. At 40 ball per sec with super torques (8:1 gear reduction) your bevel gear will spin about 19k RPM . If you speed the bevel up to 70k rpm (the manufactures bearing limit) with super torques that should be about 145 balls per second. icon_wink.gif

Can you handle that? Now you guys have a goal and a lot of work to do so get cracking. I want to see a 145 ball gun

It isn't really the bearings at the bevel that crashes, it's the bearing under the spur that's the problem.

And it dies when I run ROF 35 with RiotSC HS CNC gears (from airsoftmechanics), and they also do it with Prometheus HS gears.

And I use Kanzen 7mm L-series and classic, and the std. 8mm the comes with the Pro-win have all ready lastet longer than that.

So I don't really give anything for the the manufactures bearing limit, since it isn't the rpm that kills them.

But the sheer load of pressure that's the problem.

Prowins are completely different they include the hop chamber in the gearbox to avoid airloss thus improving compression, Then they are split in half gearboxes, becuase of the compression you can run an m80 spring giving you roughly 340 fps with insane speed because the spring is uber weak.

Haynes are just CNC reinforced aluminum version 2 gearboxes, its like comparing an MP5 and an M4, i had one last year bought on the forums they require minor work and filing down compared to a Pro Win, they are only really usefull for high torque over high speed.

Don't say things like that when you have no experience. <_<

You have clearly never built a real High speed gun, that goes ROF 30+ and 124-127m/s (406-416 feet.: 423 feet a second is the common max FA rule in denmark)

The reason for me and my friends (inculde ringsted) buying Pro-win is that regular gearbox's don't last very long, the break all the time when you demand more.

And that is the correct angel to compare a Haynes with a Pro-win.

Don't say things like that when you have no experience. <_<

You have clearly never built a real High speed gun, that goes ROF 30+ and 124-127m/s (406-416 feet.: 423 feet a second is the common max FA rule in denmark)

The reason for me and my friends (inculde ringsted) buying Pro-win is that regular gearbox's don't last very long, the break all the time when you demand more.

And that is the correct angel to compare a Haynes with a Pro-win.

Yeah, yeah, a "real" whatever-category gun is whatever you build, and whoever doesn't build that kind of gun has no experience.

Some people don't enjoy being talked down to, and I'd wager that most of this forum falls under that category. I don't know and honestly couldn't care less whether you're right or wrong, because I am one of the people who actually has zero (0) experience with high-speed setups. Right or wrong, condescending attitudes ###### me off. Build a ridiculous gun, what do I care? I don't live in Denmark and have no immediate plans to airsoft there, shoot your friends up all you want, just don't feel like you have the inherent right to belittle people because of it.

Maybe it sounds harsh. Fine. Maybe it is. I'm just sick of people constantly thinking inferior equipment = inferior brains, playing skill, other things completely unrelated to money.

The experience of the people who pushes the limit for what is possible to do with an airsoft gun should IMHO count more that the experience of people that "only" do low fps medium rof setups. It is in the pursuit of performance that the development of new parts are being tested for real and the parts that works for the extreme setups, will also be the most doable parts for the less extreme setup.

Is it possible to order those bearings, so I can test them before buying as many box's I can afford.

That would be a real help...

Yeah, yeah, a "real" whatever-category gun is whatever you build, and whoever doesn't build that kind of gun has no experience.

Some people don't enjoy being talked down to, and I'd wager that most of this forum falls under that category. I don't know and honestly couldn't care less whether you're right or wrong, because I am one of the people who actually has zero (0) experience with high-speed setups. Right or wrong, condescending attitudes ###### me off. Build a ridiculous gun, what do I care? I don't live in Denmark and have no immediate plans to airsoft there, shoot your friends up all you want, just don't feel like you have the inherent right to belittle people because of it.

Maybe it sounds harsh. Fine. Maybe it is. I'm just sick of people constantly thinking inferior equipment = inferior brains, playing skill, other things completely unrelated to money.

well, some people should play so big, when they haven't bin turning every rock under the sun.

Then again I see your problem, in the future I'll just be reading again in here, sitting and shakeing my head every time I read something, that my experince tells me that is totally wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived