British Accent

tr1gg3r_h4ppy

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you should do a recording of your British accent and host it somewhere so we can hear it. If it's been put up there with nails on a blackboard I can only assume it is a high-pitched scouse accent. :huh: I know I can't stand it when the scouse girl at work opens her gob. Maybe it's just her though. ;)

It could be worse, people think I am posh or southern which earns no end of abuse at work. Cultured is the word I would use. :D

So yeah, record it! I really do want to hear what it sounds like.

If you want to see some thick British accents you should watch that movie Layer Cake with Daniel Craig (the blonde James Bond guy before he played as James Bond). I had to rewind it and go back sometimes because I was like, "WTH did they just say." Subtitles get to be pretty necessary at some points.

Yeah just don't go with the U.S steryotype movie accents. I hate that!

Watch English movies, yes. But only good ones like 28 Dyas later :D Also Dr Who is a good example. David Tennant is Scottish (With the accent) but speaks really good with a English accent (I've only detected once a bit of a scotish accent)

And basically what everyone else has said. lol

Chris :zorro:

Archived