Pj loadout...

Belladonna

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EMT shears? and your MEANT to be British! pft

forceps or medical shears

Oh thank god. If I had to guess at what we might call them over here I might have gone with "rescue scissors" :D

Hey Siygess what would you suggest for a max-modern PJ loadout? I got my ABU's now, looking to do a CRO impression.

What color do you think? And do you think a Wasatch/Weesatch would be an acceptable vest (as I dont want to spend an arm and a leg on a RAV)

Well the good thing about a PJ loadout is that the essentials stay the same no matter how modern the loadout is - backpack, sit harness and medical shears. For a CRO, you can probably get away without a big medical backpack, but really you're going to want a RAV in tan, khaki or the ever elusive coyote brown. I think a genuine Paraclete RAV is going to be out of the question for most people since they cost more than an Eagle CIRAS, but there are of course less costly alternatives. EbayBanned.com have a RAV for $110 shipped, or from Redwolf you can get a Pantac version for around $150 plus shipping, or a Milspex RAV set (with pouches) for around $100 plus shipping. Guarder and Proud both do versions of it as well, though I've never been fond of Proud's version of Coyote Brown. If you can, try to get a look at some Proud gear in CB in person - and if it works for you, great :)

As for the Wasatch/Weesatch.. I've never seen pictures of PJ's using them, but it's not uncommon to see a PJ wear something over an armour carrier that you have never seen a PJ wear before, or since, so I guess it's not out of the question. I think the PJ's are trying to get their act together when it comes to standardising their gear, though, which is why it is more and more common to see them in Paraclete gear (I'm pretty sure they are being issued Special Tactics Armour Kits - perhaps not individually though.. maybe one kit between three guys and they have to divide it up between themselves ;))

they mess ANYTHING thats meant to fit flat against your chest up... most molle armour is too uncomfortable due to the plates being flat and designed for males...

hence me getting a paca trufit2 for my pj kit...as well, its a girl in a pj loadout, i might as well make it hypothetically a female pj... even though there arnt any... but hey.

R

Well the good thing about a PJ loadout is that the essentials stay the same no matter how modern the loadout is - backpack, sit harness and medical shears. For a CRO, you can probably get away without a big medical backpack, but really you're going to want a RAV in tan, khaki or the ever elusive coyote brown. I think a genuine Paraclete RAV is going to be out of the question for most people since they cost more than an Eagle CIRAS, but there are of course less costly alternatives. EbayBanned.com have a RAV for $110 shipped, or from Redwolf you can get a Pantac version for around $150 plus shipping, or a Milspex RAV set (with pouches) for around $100 plus shipping. Guarder and Proud both do versions of it as well, though I've never been fond of Proud's version of Coyote Brown. If you can, try to get a look at some Proud gear in CB in person - and if it works for you, great :)

As for the Wasatch/Weesatch.. I've never seen pictures of PJ's using them, but it's not uncommon to see a PJ wear something over an armour carrier that you have never seen a PJ wear before, or since, so I guess it's not out of the question. I think the PJ's are trying to get their act together when it comes to standardising their gear, though, which is why it is more and more common to see them in Paraclete gear (I'm pretty sure they are being issued Special Tactics Armour Kits - perhaps not individually though.. maybe one kit between three guys and they have to divide it up between themselves ;))

cool, would you still suggest a soft armor carrier underneath? looks like I'll be winning a Pantac PACA on ebay for $50 shipped. I'm also getting a Black Diamond Harness off Wasted Youf for somewhere around $30. I mean, I could go PJ instead, as most people won't be able to tell the difference, I'm just the TL for my airsoft team which is starting an Air Force Special Tactics Impression. I'll look into those RAVs mentioned, thanks a ton :)

i anatomically disagree with chestrigs...

R

They can be worn as low down as you want. A friend of mine used to wear one no problem, and she had a rather large endowment, just had it a bit low. She even commented that that if it wasnt for the torso terrain she would still wear one low because she didnt want to smack herself in the face during rapid reloads. But that was brit kit, and the brit chest rigs are slightly different to the MOLLE style ones.

buy a WA kimber MEUSOC

Sorry, couldnt disagree more. If you do want a kimber, build one from the Chinese GBB .45 1911, my WA Marine 1911 took to propane(a must in winter in the UK) like a can of petrol takes to a lit match, the chinese WE has had no problems so far.

Dont know, But I'm goingt to get one in the new year. It looks right, even if it isnt issue, you can allways put stuff like that down to private purchase.

Im Going for a 3 colour desert because I'v still not taken to any of the ACU/ABU/Marprat etc. Digital cammo

Which helmet us most accurate, Mitch, Kevlar, or a Delta style lid?

If I think about it and remember tomorrow when I wake up, I'll post some pics of the PJs in my unit. I copied a bunch from the network they'd posted from some training evolutions.

Oh and they do use other weaps besides the good ole M4. They have a nice selection to choose from. There's a couple of pics on our forums a member took of their gear at an airshow we had.

More to come to help out tomorrow.

cool, would you still suggest a soft armor carrier underneath? looks like I'll be winning a Pantac PACA on ebay for $50 shipped. I'm also getting a Black Diamond Harness off Wasted Youf for somewhere around $30. I mean, I could go PJ instead, as most people won't be able to tell the difference, I'm just the TL for my airsoft team which is starting an Air Force Special Tactics Impression. I'll look into those RAVs mentioned, thanks a ton

If you're going to use a chest rig, RRV etc then definately, you're going to want a soft armour carrier. If you going for a RAV, you don't need one because the RAV takes soft armour inserts.. and besides, if you wore both, you would boil :D

That being said, I think a PACA / replica PACA is a good purchase anyway, because it's useful for a number of different loadouts. As for the RAV on eBay, I'd confirm with the seller about the colour of the RAV. The picture at the top of the auction looks good (it actually looks like a Guarder one) but the main pictures make it look more OD, especially with the OD velcro on it.

Oh and they do use other weaps besides the good ole M4. They have a nice selection to choose from. There's a couple of pics on our forums a member took of their gear at an airshow we had.

More to come to help out tomorrow.

I think I've seen some of those pictures on MilitaryPhotos, with the PJ gear spread out on a couple of tables? If so, they were very useful, and could certainly do with reposting here :D

Archived