scw hammer version

alyaspogi

hi folks

question about a scw hammer will a scw ver.3 hammer work on a scw ver.1 pistol?

is it possible with any mods cause i look everywhere and i cant find a scw ver 1 hammer set for my HRT...

thanks

I had a similar problem recently.

The SCW 1 has the firing pin attached to the frame, SCW 2 and SCW 3 have the firing pin attached to the hammer itself.

As a result an SCW 3 hammer will not work in a SCW 1 pistol.

Some of the WA experts will be able to give you more information about this im sure.

I believe WGC have some of the older style WA hammers. Enter 'hammer' into the search function and you should find some near the bottom of the page.

SCW3 hammers will not work correctly with SCW1 frame system.

SCW1 hammers have a hole in them to allow the firing pin to seat in when the hammer is at rest when lowered slowly - essentially disengaging the firing pin. Without this hole the firing pin would protrude into the magwell thus stopping you inserting the mag with the hammer down.

In the days before you could get them, I did convert an old Magna hammer to SCW 1 spec by drilling, then enlarging the firing pin hole in the hammer with an appropriate grinder until it all worked as it should, using the original as a guide. Took ages, very fiddly (with hand tools).

Gah! Out of stock.

SCW3 hammers will not work correctly with SCW1 frame system.

SCW1 hammers have a hole in them to allow the firing pin to seat in when the hammer is at rest when lowered slowly - essentially disengaging the firing pin. Without this hole the firing pin would protrude into the magwell thus stopping you inserting the mag with the hammer down.

In the days before you could get them, I did convert an old Magna hammer to SCW 1 spec by drilling, then enlarging the firing pin hole in the hammer with an appropriate grinder until it all worked as it should, using the original as a guide. Took ages, very fiddly (with hand tools).

Gah! Out of stock.

ya i'll probably try it using my dremel i'll try with some of the stock hammer i have

THANKS for all your insight guys

Archived