Pics of Your Torches/Flashlights

Got a couple surefires in the post today,

Nice little G2 i picked up on arnies,

002-1.jpg

And also this Surefire MP5 weaponlight. I was hoping for some help on this now the light is clearly a surefire however im not sure on the Grip im told the Older models do not have Surefire Trades like the newer 628F models. Can anyone confirm this? This was made available as an Ex service item so im also guessing they may offer slightly different options to Uniformed services that obviously dont need branding on there torches? As you can see its well used. Works great though.

004-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My LED Lenser Police Tech Focus

snippity snip

ooh, was looking at those at my tool suppliers yesterday...

whats the 'throw' (range, whatever its called) like? im not too arsed about flood, but i fancy some range...

also, where is the pressure switch from? it seems the ideal torch for a project of mine, but i cant test how far it shines without buying!

cheers in advance :)

ooh, was looking at those at my tool suppliers yesterday...

whats the 'throw' (range, whatever its called) like? im not too arsed about flood, but i fancy some range...

also, where is the pressure switch from? it seems the ideal torch for a project of mine, but i cant test how far it shines without buying!

cheers in advance :)

It's said to be 233 meters which from what i've tested so far seems to be accurate, it's actually got a very good range on it. You can also pick these up for about £27 on amazon at the moment which I think is a bargain.

As for the pressure switch I got it as part of the accessory set (Includes a mount, pressure switch, etc) but i'm sure you can find them seperately.

(I've just done a quick search and found this. It's only £7.34 but I guess it's worth having a bit more of a look around.)

One thing to keep in mind is that there appears to be two different versions of it. My brother got the same light (without the accessory set) from amazon and it focuses slightly differently to the version I have. Either way they're both very similar.

Hope that helps a bit :)

thats spot on bud, much appreciated!

Especially as i will put it on my works' account, and get one for free :P

Cheers

No problem, Glad I could help out.

Lucky :P Free's always better.

New drilling machine?

Nope.

Led Lenser X21

Belair I'm jealous, I want the X21. 900 lumens of goodness

cant edit...

on the box of my lenser police tech, it says a range of 230 metres, and faffing with it tonight, its not quite as far as that, but still bloody stupid range for 105 lumens. between 150 and 200 metres. i dont know how its actually measured though, but i say its useable at that before it hsa 'spilled' too much to see anything.

its my first foray into LED lights, and always thought they were a bit cack. mainly due to the button-cell things you get on keyrings etc. after today, my eyes have been opened!

and the closed again, cos its effing bright :P

• 2 weeks later...
Nice kit Adiventure! If I may ask, what's that little clip on one that looks similar to a Inova 24/7?

Thanks. That would be an Adventure Lights VIP IR/Green beacon. Mine has three modes: IR flash, Green on, IR on, I wanted a slightly different one, but with so many sites claiming restrictions on sale I got what I could. Anyway, I like it a lot more than what I've heard about the clone, it is claimed to be bomb proof, able to survive massive temp changes, and I think waterproof to 100M.

Edited by Adiventure
  • 1 month later...

my new torch nextorch T6A i have also fitted the click on tail cap to it. alot brighter than my maglite 2xAA with LED conversion and was the same price.

im thinking about adding a CREE LED to it but am unsure about which one i need??

100_0070.jpg

Edited by bladerunner
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

cant remember the name of the shop but it was shipped from the states, not restricted as its the civi version, still comes with most the bits the mil version has bar a few filters and a different shaped IR filter.

Element are producing a repro for those not prepared to by real, it was pretty pricey but i wanted a real one