[Real Sword] Type 97

Just got it today : the RS Type 97, export version of the type 95 which is used by the PLA today.

I bought it at Redwolf, 583$ for the gun, the battery and two RS steel mid cap mags. Then in Paris, I had to pay 88€ custom fees.

So, my first review.

The type 95 :

Rifle_Type_95.jpg

Real steel infos there : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QBZ-95

Here's the big package from Redwolf, with everything in it.

100_0810.jpg

Now the gun and the accessories.

100_0811.jpg

The gun is well maintained in its box.

100_0812.jpg

Now, about the gun. First, we have a little chart given by RS :

RS type 97 6mm AEG

Overall length 760mm

Overall weight 3,4kg

Caliber 6mm BB bullets

Velocity 90m/s'

Sight Mechanical sight and optical sight

Cartridge 130rds, 300rds magazine or 2800rds drum magazine

When you take it, well, it just feels good! the receiver is heavy, but when you hold it, you just don't feel the weight.

The finishing is great, RS really did a good job here. The gun looks real. Some metal parts are not this well finished, but it looks all the more like the real thing.

Now, the battery : it's harsh to put on, really. When you unmount the gun you've got to put 3 elements into the handle and the rest where you can... Remounting the things is all the more fastidious but you can get accustomed after a bit exercise (it's still harsh). And the problem is you can't put another type of battery, so no 9,6V...

100_0813.jpg

100_0814.jpg

Markings are "pretty", Type 97 and an unique serial number.

I didn't by the picatiny rail which doesn't exist for the real steel. The specific rail for the type 97 is there, and the scope is to be out soon.

The GB does a good sound, the cadency is high. I don't have a chrony right now but Redwolf gives a 295 fps, I'll mesure it as soon as I can.

I'm not dismounting it as far as it works, and I hope it'll be quite a bit of time! (I know that changing the spring doesn't need unmounting the GB, maybe I'll do it some day).

I'll update this review when I'll try it on the field, with a chrony, and I'll test the hop up too.

Pros :

+ It's a type 97, quite rare

+ good finishing

+ it's pretty, isn't it?

+ very realistic

+ it should fire well

Cons :

- quite expensive

- custom battery, nothing more than a 8,4V, and it's harsh to put on

- nothing else for now.

Please be indulgent, it's my first review.

100_0815.jpg

Edited by CromoX

It takes the standard TM compatible M4 mags. So I use my old mags on it too, but the RS steel mags are quite beautiful and the touching of it feels really like the real thing.

I tried it last Sunday : it fires quite well, I'll try to get a better battery, the original bought at Redwolf is an Intellect 8.4V 1400 mA, gives a good cadency but not the full capacities of the gun.

I tried it with a 9.6V 3300 mA (without closing the gun since the battery is too special), well, it fires at a bit more than 30 meters with a crazy cadency.