Both Elephant Type 89 Review

Do you see any problems with the bipod? I haven't had many good experiences with the spring-loaded clamp bipods, but does it feel sturdy and on the gun solidly?

I read the whole review and didn't see where you said much about it, other than how it works and that it's there... so yeah. Figured it's worth asking. Wouldn't be much worse than diving to the ground to fire and having your bipod get crushed.

?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a walk around Mong Kok in Hong Kong today, some shops already have a demo BE Type 89 on display and available for preorder... Seems like the street prices are going to be right around HK $700 (about $90 US).

I agree with Far East, that paint strips damned easily but overall the fit and finish of the exterior seems decent enough.

?

Don't Bump. The Bipod is just like the TM, it works well enough, but it's not that awesome. A Harris bodged onto the bottom of the foregrip is better.

Hey 700 HKD isn't bad for a gun of this quality!

I hope BE brings more unique and lesser seen models to the market now they got their act together.

I worked on their earlier CA33e clone and it was horrible.

BE do seem to be improving, so I'm waiting for their next clone. Hopefully they'll do sommat interesting.

Don't Bump. The Bipod is just like the TM, it works well enough, but it's not that awesome. A Harris bodged onto the bottom of the foregrip is better.

BE do seem to be improving, so I'm waiting for their next clone. Hopefully they'll do sommat interesting.

Fortunately, certain parties have started to read the threads about thier products. Also the same news is being reported by both wholesalers and exporters and it looks like the paint is the next thing on BE's hit list.

I also agree on the bipod, the spring tention is way to slack on the clamp and required me to actualy coil the spring tighter to get anything near what I needed to skirmish with this bipod.

• 2 weeks later...
Fortunately, certain parties have started to read the threads about thier products. Also the same news is being reported by both wholesalers and exporters and it looks like the paint is the next thing on BE's hit list.

I also agree on the bipod, the spring tention is way to slack on the clamp and required me to actualy coil the spring tighter to get anything near what I needed to skirmish with this bipod.

Good!

Interestingly, the paint on my CYMA AK was impressively close to the TM - I couldn't get it to flake off until I got the steel wool out.

As with JG's AK paint.

Except that with the CYMA it was a pleasing matte grey/black and with the JG it was a horrid purple.

RE: bipod on type89

I just saw a BE Type89 at a skirmish. Seemed nice in the hands, though I doubt the rubberized finish will last very long, and the bipod fell off when I fired it. Hmm.

Another great review FarEast!

To bbe honest If it was a choice between the TM and the BE I would without a doubt go for the TM. All in all the TM is a much better build both inside and out. The only difference is that the TM doesn't have the rubberised finish.

Thanks for summing it up, now I know which to buy :)

Ok, so its 1.2J which puts it around 340-350fps with a 0.2g BB?

Cos getting a TM to get that sort of FPS may require a bit more work, and at times unachievable with its stock spur gear breaking and fracturing with a mild upgrade spring.

Oh well, I have no intention of getting a Type 89, just interested in its capability thats all. The TM one was accurate as a TM M14 I wonder how the BE one fairs? Knowing the BE HK33 accuracy was very much hit and miss a lot.

Great review, BE has come a long way since their AUG w/metal V3 gearbox.

However, I also discovered BE's cylinder head has a great sized o-ring, so I stole it from my AUG and have been running it in my CA M15 ever since. Great compression, although I'm not sure I could say the same for the rest of the parts in the BE AUG...but like I said, it looks like BE has come a long way since then.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
To bbe honest If it was a choice between the TM and the BE I would without a doubt go for the TM. All in all the TM is a much better build both inside and out. The only difference is that the TM doesn't have the rubberised finish.

REALLY...

in the review you sounded like if u had the choice you'd stick with BE, huh.

anyways, if the fit and finish is beter I am totaly going to be getting one, and I'm a 6'5" American!!! :D:D:D:unsure::D:D:D