Cold War Airsoft.

I've found some old 1960s czech 'mlok' /'salamander' / 'sunflower' camo in my spare kit box.

Anyone know what the market value is for it, i know its pretty rare but i'm wondering if its worth hanging on to.

http://www.kamouflage.net/camouflage/en_00144.php

it´s still a rare item... welcomed by collectors ;)

GSFG (Group Soviet Forces (in) Germany) (ГСВГ, Группа советских войск в Германии) Third Shock Army - Motorized Infantry , late 80s loadout:

DSC05327.jpg

Kit list:

"Afgankha" bdu with "afgankha" field cap

Ssh-60 helmet (Stal’noi Shlem)

Jackboots (Kirozoviy Sapogi)

Y-straps with from left to right:

Ak-74 magazine pouch

Entrenching tool (Lopata)

Canteen (Flyaga)

Grenade Pouch (Sumka Dlya Ruchnaya Granata)

Ak-74 bayonet

Some very quick pics done this afternoon.

80s VDV or possibly GRU spetsnaz

Unfortunately I've yet to acquire some ak ammo pouches and I *know* its a 47 and a 74 bayonet.

KLMK is mismatched but actually brought back from Afghanistan and had been filed modded, has some campaign ribbon on it and locally made jump wings.

KZS suit is also made with variable colours some of the 'sunspots' are grey not beige.

VDV beret was bought in Prague years ago as was the 'tele' vest in an old backstreet secondhand store.

Basically never skirmished this kit but might do at some point although i might replace the KLMK smock as its incredibly valuable in comparison to the rest of it.

DSC00607.jpg

DSC00610.jpg

DSC00613.jpg

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

Fascinated by this topic

My reenactment group portray the British Army from 1960 to 1989 so I have been building my collection of period gear and will be getting an L1A1 as soon as i can scrape the cash together lol

It's nice to see more variation in load outs rather then just the BDU and M4 brigade

Ben

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to track down some LC2 webbing at the moment. Flecktarn.co.uk used to do a bunch but they've really narrowed their stock now. Any where else or is it just a case of slowly tracking it all down on ebay?

Cheers!

P.S Specifically I'm trying to find the belt, harness, some ammo pouches (so far not hard) possibly a water bottle, belt hoslter and some kind of medium sized utility pouch (plus a pistol mag pouch if they exist?)

Here a basic Soviet Lodoaut I did way back for TA3 - nearly froze to death in Wales that weekend!

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z279/re...ale/Soviet2.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z279/re.../Sovietside.jpg

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z279/re...ale/Soviet1.jpg

My Dad found this one rather amusing after spending time in BRIXMIS in the 70's. :D

The Beginings of my M69 scale of issue motor rifles kit:

img1454yl9.jpg

img1455sp9.jpg

Kit list for those pics:

Ssh68 Helmet

M69 BDU (only recieved today so needs to be ironed)

Fighting load webbing: AKM pouch and grenade pouch

British Army assault boots

weapon is AK74 (incorrect for webbing set up, but not incorrect to scale of issue)

Need to get:

AKM

Motor Rifles Insigna- Red shoulder boards and colar tabs, arm patch

Gas mask and bag

Replace assault boots with soviet "jack boots"

(possibly) replace Ssh68 with Ssh40 or Ssh 60, I might keep it how it is, but prefer the look of the '40.

wipe mud off helmet and possibly get a helmet net

• 6 months later...

thread resurrection!

99% complete with my mid '80s soviet VDV in afghanistan impression :D got all the essentials, all thats left is an Ssh68 helmet and a KZS1 in time for spring/summer (and with that a home made KZS helmet cover :))

if it doesnt decide to rain on sunday i might get a few in-game (or even safezone) pics up.

Cool thread!! Me and some mates are thinking of doing pre-NATO Hungarian paras in Feb at Ground Zero.. Friend of ours was one back in the day and gave us a load of uniforms. It's a fantastic pattern for autumnal woodland..

Picture1023.jpg

Compare it with the NATO friendly new colours:

Picture1006.jpg

Ushankas and caps-

DDR, Russian Navy black bear fur, Hungarian,

Russian, DDR, Russian

Picture1020.jpg

And of course one of my favourites in my collection:

Picture1021.jpg

Picture1022.jpg

Got some Strichtarn too, but can't find my pouches.. :(

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my other pics are on the missus laptop but i have a few pics here to show you lot

IMG_0734.jpg

my STAR SLR with gen sling and i have a genuine bayonet for it aswell

IMG_0815.jpg

my 58 pattern webbing before i got it modded (will update all these pics just later lol)

and of course an awesome bit of kit:

46.jpg

My 1977 Series III 109 FFR Land Rover, spent up until the last 5 years of its life in northern ireland before been given to the SBS for use in the gulf.

i am also working on a 1964 Series IIa 88 GS which is military but still got alot of research to do i think she was just a base buggy

You should come down to the Gunman Coldwar games mate with kit like that.

Convoy! :D

Anyway, some pics from our Gunman events that a bunch of us attend. All random and of various Arnies people (guess the member game is go!):

(B&W pics taken on a period soviet camera (can't recall the name) by Fullauto):

Untitled-Scanned-03.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-05.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-11.jpg

(Colour pics taken on a not so period but still nice digital camera by Felix Jaeger):

1975d23e.jpg

307a1856.jpg

396b1b35.jpg

23bdaab7.jpg

There's loads more where that came from. If anyone thinks it looks like their cuppa tea (and in fairness everyone has been to a game so far has said it is), then there's reviews over in the review section, and an upcoming winter game in Suffolk. Break out the winter kit! :D

You should come down to the Gunman Coldwar games mate with kit like that.

Convoy! :D

i would but its abit of a drag with 2 landys each doing 12-15mpg and all my kit lol plus when my missus gets her vehicle aswell there should be more fun to be had. lol we display at war and peace well my group does (link in my sig (CWW))

i just need to get hold of a old 68pattern jacket as big as possible as after all i am not that little lol

• 1 year later...

Give this thread a nice bump. :)

Some of my equipment for Op. East Wind:

The only non-real-deal items in the photo are the rifles and magazines.

M88 Woodland BDU

PASGT Kevlar with cover and NVG Mount

PASGT Vest

ALICE Webbing

LC-2 Belt

M12 Bianchi Holster

LC-2 Ammunition Pouches

LC-2 Canteen Pouches

Buttpack

CA M16A2 with huge orange flash-hider

TM M733

G&P M733 with carry strap sling