Real Sword Type 56-1

I've shot an underfolding Zastava, and it indeed did have some play. But when you shoulder it, the slack obviously goes away and it locks in one position. A side-folding stock is far more solid though, and more comfortable on the cheek, as well as quicker to unfold.

-Sale

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aye though what deepsix is reffering to is peculiar to the airsoft version where both sides of the underfolder are secured seperately to give room for the gearbox, rather than the single assembly that passes right thru on the real deal.

If you're having hassles with it eric then Im not sure tacking the left hand retaining plate onto the receiver in and of itself will sort it.

Is still a good idea as it will definately make it easier to reassemble, but I reckon your issue will be the screws bottoming out in their threads before they've pinched the retaining plate up fully against the receiver? Id look at shortening the screws slightly so they draw the parts together fully, either that or shimming between the retaining plate and inside of the receiver wall and taking up the side play that way (bit of metal gasket material etc cut to shape).

On mine the side play on left hand arm is around 20 thou at most so I didnt bother (though I might revisit it to get that play out then tack it on as per your suggestion)

The more people how get this gun and the more they praise it, the more I want to get one too.

to be honest the only thing thats stops me giving this my personal vote as greatest out of the box AEG ever (rather than just 'greatest out of the box AK' which it most definately is hehe) is the fact I havent had a chance to try the rest of their range yet :)

Edited by snorkelman
Id look at shortening the screws slightly so they draw the parts together fully

Actually, you're right. Just a few swipes with a draw file and the screws should be good-to-go, along with a bit of thread sealant. I'm also going to tackle straightening out the gas block as mines a bit crooked (JUST like a real AK! :D).

Oh, and anyone reading my posts: I'm REALLY nitpicking here... Its tough for me NOT to want to mess around and do SOMETHING with my guns, so I've had to look HARD for SOMETHING to do with this one... and it turns out to be more like actual gun-smithing, as nothing REALLY needs any help. Seriously, all I can find to do is nudge a few things around my a mm or so! frustrating, Lol! :D

If anyone has any doubts as to how authentic these are - the PLA took the first batch as training weapons in a large example of State-enforced sharing. Hence why they were delayed so much.

They are indeed incredibly impressive pieces of kit. The only thing stopping me from getting one atm is my bank balance.

actually Im not sure how far the pistol grip on these is off from real deal

eg Russian AK47 grips are anything from 28 to 30mm wide, the one on the real sword is 31.8mm and I know some non russian milled receiver grips (ie bulgarian) can be fatter than their russian equivs. If anyone has access to real chinese wooden pistol grip would be interesting to see just how far off it is

If anyones got access to the t56 and a bundle of non Real sword 47 style mags chip in and let us know mag fit and compatibility. If nowt else saves me scrounging up a loan of non real sword ones to test it with (Im loathe to actually buy 47 style mags for this rather than the RS ones)

At least the plastic grip of my real civvie AK-103 was about the thickness of a PTW motor. That is to say, even more slim than an M16 grip. The folks at RS said that the Type 56 grip is indeed a bit fatter than normal, because of the motor.

Oh? The plastic grip on my dboys AK74 is just about 29mm wide - I thought AK AEG grips were supposed to be much fatter than the real ones? I guess not eh? :)

74 ones are a fair bit fatter than real 74 ones (real 74 style grip is slimmest of all tha AK grips and more like 20 to 22mm) even the real AKM wood ones are quite slim, is just the 47s that are pretty fat (which makes the difference between them and the airsoft 47 much less pronounced)

At least the plastic grip of my real civvie AK-103 was about the thickness of a PTW motor. That is to say, even more slim than an M16 grip. The folks at RS said that the Type 56 grip is indeed a bit fatter than normal, because of the motor.

Aye, Im just not sure how much fatter the Realsword one is compared to a chinese Type 56 grip eg is the real type 56 fatter than a russian 47 grip (by sounds of it not), same as russian 47 or thinner than russian 47 - All I know for sure is the real sword one is 2 or 3mm fatter than a russian 47 grip, but how much is it off from the chinese 56 one is what Im wondering (if real chinese one was 25 or 26mm then real sword would be a fair bit fatter, whereas if chinese one is 30mm then not much fatter IFYSIM)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a wasr-10 which is the romanian version of this rifle. I can say for certain the grip on the real steel is much much thinner but this only applies for the synthetic grip mine has, I know the wood version is a bit thicker.

Has anyone tried to put any other brand mags into theirs? I have over 20 star real caps and assorted standards, mids and even a high cap and i would hate to see them all go to waste in the sense that they cant be used on this gun.

Aye but Wasr-10 is a romanian derivative of the AK family not the chinese type 56 Its a given that the type 56 grip will be thicker than any eastern block polymer grip as its furniture is based on the big fat russian AK47 not the early wooden AKM (where things started getting slimmer), or 74 style polymer grips.

The only issue is how far off it is from a real Type 56 grip (so the only grip that is of any use for comparison is a real type 56 one).

mag wise ive tried 74 style dboys hicap plus unicorn and G&P mids all feed fine with usual variations in fit Only star mags Ive had in the past were 74 type too (the ones with quite a thin lip at the rear) I wouldnt see any reason not to expect thse to fit either.

47 style mags couldnt tell you.. If they've been produced to same dimensios as their 74 equivs in terms of mountings etc wouldnt expect to run into issues- Ive no other AK needing 47-style AEG mags so only mags of that sort Ive got are the real sword midcap that came with it and the other real sword midcaps that I've ordered and waiting to receive (realsword ones were too damn nice for me to order anything but lol)

Well having had this for a few weeks now the one thing thats apparent is that this is really a 400+ FPS gun in every respect other than it being fitted with a 300-ish FPS spring. Run it at that stock power level with the hop bucking thats fitted as standard and range is well below optimal.

If folks intend to stick with the stock performance Id suggest they change the hop bucking for something softer. Large spongy guarder clear bucking will get a fair bit more range and flatter trajectory out of it when it comes to 300 FPS use than the small tough bucking RS have included. On the other hand if you're ditching the stock spring in favour of something a bit meatier? Give the included hop bucking a try - it gave good results when I <cough> accidentally swapped the stock spring out for one I thought was 328 but turned out to be a fair bit more (by stage Id done that spring swap Id had around 3000 BBs thru it, dropped original spring straigth back in after that and was at around 4000 BBs thru it when I swaped the bucking over to guarder clear).

Have still to try swapping the hop rubber out as well as the bucking but don't have any spare hop rubbers knocking around. To be honest where I play it would be irrelevant its all indoors close range claustraphobic stuff and I doubt theres a single clear shot greater than 20 yards to be had in entire place without a container, gantry or wall getting in the way.

Sitting at around 4500 BBs thru it thus far and no lockups, clicky trigger or need to swap from semi to auto and vice versa. Trigger response is good. The supplied midcap works flawlessly feeds from start to finish without missing a beat on semi, on auto and even on 'pull trigger empty the lot in a oner' mode.

Accuracy wise Ive no complaints. straight out the box front sight is leaving it grouping a little to the right of POA so I really need to dig out a front sight adjuster (I dont really fancy using a hammer and drift on it lol). Anyways taking the offset into account, aimed shots 10 metre semi I can do my usual cut a rizzla packet in two with no flyers outside the periphery of the packet etc. Rizzla packet is 22mm wide, so ten round group is generally 1" accross - and just over half an inch tall

I know I could use propper targets but I smoke my way thru bundles of the things, they're much more satisfying to shoot at and (being bright green) easier on my old eyeballs indoors lol

On auto group opens up a bit more at same distance with occassional flyer but theres no shotgunning pattern. Fire 50 rounds down the pipe on full auto I tend to end up with a solid 1.5" square hole. Pretty much on par with the AKSUs running a tightbore under same conditions and same weeny indoor distances.

Edited by snorkelman
  • 1 month later...

Very informative review. Keep up the good work from across the pound mate!

Your review has convinced me that what I need as my second rifle is not the planned AUG A1 or G36C but this beauty. And with an increasing number of stores carrying this baby here in the States, my range of options is good.

I have one question: with the stock spring and bucking in place, can the weapon manage at least a 90-foot range with decent accuracy?

Fantastic review!

I got mine just over a month ago and have had only a few problems with it, which hopefully from reading all of the prior posts I may be able to fix.

My stock out of the box was very tight, I did hate the play in the stock.... but it was nothing compared to a Marui underfolding stock, I have a Real Steel Vector Arms underfoling ak47 which I love more than anything..... it has next to no play in it and thats what I want....

After playing with mine and putting close to a bag of bb's through it... the play in the stock is horrid! I let someone use it last weekend and I got it back with no resistance in the stock. When folding it forward or back it's like blowing in the wind.... and when locked in place it just wobbles up and down and side to side....

Anything else you guys can think of? I'm pretty sure it's from the gun being slinged w/ a one point and having it tugged on over and over... throughout the day.

Have any of you guys tried doing much on the upgrades? A friend and I both got them (he got the full stock), mine shot around 290-300 out fo the box and his was very low shooting 260 (with a Guarder Chrono). His did take upgrades better then mine, he changed the spring guide piston and cyl head and first tried a guarder 110 but it put the gun over 450 fps. Compression was great! he ended up putting a guarder 100 in it and got it around 410 fps. myself I only swaped spring guide and put a systema m100 and got 330 fps which I was happy with because it kept the rof screaming wiht just an 8.4 1200.

@ reborn - yes havent found an issue reaching that sort of range with useful accuracy

@ merc

the screws holding the locking mechanisms backplate against the inside of the receiver are a little too long for their own good - that leaves a little play between the backing plate and the inside of the receiver which tanslates into wobble in the stock.

If they loosen off sufficiently thru use then the play between these parts would increase - eventually you reach the point where the inner locking mech part can retract far enough to stop engaging with its corresponding outer part as the backing plate is no longer pushing it forwards enough to maintain decent engagement.

my advice would be to haul the gearbox out, remove the rigth hand stock hinge parts (that'll allow you thru access to the heads of the screws holding the left hand plate in place)

Once you've reached that stage, unless you want the hassle of having to jiggle a bundle of stock locking parts back into place dont remove both of the left hand inner screws at same time :)

Instead remove one of the screws reduce the length of its thread by a mm or two refit it and then repeat the process with the other That should take up all the play once and for all. With both screws worked on and having been retightened try the stock a couple of times confirm its nice n firm in both its open and folded positions.

Once you're happy with it again remove just one screw apply a little loctite to its thread and tighten it back down. Once that oens back in place repeat the lcotitiing on the other screw.

Thanks for the reply.

As for that wobbly stock problem - can it happen on the full-stock variant as well?

As for power, I'll probably drop in an M100 spring sometime down the road. Can the internals handle it with no problems and running on an 8.4V 1400 mAh battery?

nopes stock issue is just down to the way stock mech on underfolders has to be redesigned to allow for a gearbox versus the original firearm, you wont hit same with a fixed stock

hehe not had any probs with M100 style springs the internals on these are well up for it :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry necro post, but I am very interested in buying one of these. Just a few questions:

What kinda of batteries does the gun take?

Can it run a 9.6 battery?

Should I get a AK74U or this? lol. Nah, I am just going to get this and stick a 350 FPS spring in there.

you can fit a 9.6v without any problem theres plenty of length though you might hit hassles usisng hi capacity cells (ie the 2000mAh 4/5A cells you could squeeze into a VFC etc)

It'd be doable but the gun is already a tight fit on the width of usual 1200/1400/1500mah 2/3A cells you get in standard AK stick batteries so you'ld need to open up the entry point to the gas tube if you wanted to go with 2000mAh 4/5A cells custom pack

soz thought you were meaning the underfolder couldnt tell you the battery options for the T56 fixed stock as mine is the 56-1 underfolder.

No problem fitting a 1500 mah 9.6 in the underfolder even a 10.8 or 12v as theres plenty of room length wise just not enough width where the battery goes thru the rear sight block and gas tube as standard to use the fatter 2000mah cells that you could squeeze into the top of a VFC or dboys etc if you see what I mean