Real Sword Type 56-1

9.6 would be the way to go IMO, IIRC RS guns (like VFC) have the gas tube for battery storage too, so you have everything under the receiver cover, plus the length of the gas tube to hold a battery. might be wrong though.

edit: 1 min too slow :( you beat me snorkelman.

Edited by my_plague_666
  • Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, now that this has been in the hands of enough people for a bit... how about some mid/long term action reports?

Any niggling problems?

How is that folding stock mech holding up?

rust?

Accuracy?

good stories?

general gripes or praise? anything you would change?

Anyone have anything to say about the bayonet?

The folder was nice because it sits so low that mask clearance is wonder-full.. how about the full stock?

Having been one of the first in the U.S. to own one... I fell into a temporary financial crunch and had to offload it within weeks of purchasing mine.... regret it everyday. Of course I want another one... but not sure as to the full-stock, or the folding again. Hell, I still have mags for the thing! <_<

c'mon, reignite my juices so I can empty my wallet again! :P

Snorkelman, how long is the outer barrel? 16 inches versus an ak47's full length 18?

EDIT: Nevermind, got the two models confused, the full stock has a shorter outer barrel, the folder does not.

Edited by Magsz
Snorkelman, how long is the outer barrel? 16 inches versus an ak47's full length 18?

EDIT: Nevermind, got the two models confused, the full stock has a shorter outer barrel, the folder does not.

Both are full length AKs with a 455 mm inner barrel. The Type 56 looks as if the outer barrel was shorter, because the front sight base extends further back for the bayonet hinge.

-Sale

• 2 months later...

Amazing review! Really well done.

I have 1 question, i keep reading how these are avaliable from the US and seen that redwolf has them listed also. Anyone know if any UK sites are offering them on pre-order or have them for sale yet..?

Any of the day, i dont mind ordering from out of the UK, but for convenience, would be nice to have a UK shop.

But once again, amazing review, cant wait to save up a bit and get some after i have got back through my 1st few skirmishes next week, to get back into everything after a few years break.

• 1 month later...
any updates on mag compatibility?

TM mags will not fit. You can file them down in order to make them lock on the magazine catch. However, be careful. If you don´t file it down enough it will get jammed into the gun.

Unicorn mags will not fit. Same problem there, the bump that locks on the magazine catch needs to be filed down.

I don't think this has been addressed yet, but how does this compare to a VFC AK realistic-wise? A little birdie told me that this is less realistic than a VFC because it has screws as apposed to the pinned VFC construction. Also, how is the stock holding up? I am now REALLY cautious about folding stocks because of my friend's UTG AKs47....UGH!

EDIT: I read Deepsix's posts and they seemed to be helpful. but more opinions would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by beta08
I don't think this has been addressed yet, but how does this compare to a VFC AK realistic-wise? A little birdie told me that this is less realistic than a VFC because it has screws as apposed to the pinned VFC construction. Also, how is the stock holding up? I am now REALLY cautious about folding stocks because of my friend's UTG AKs47....UGH!

EDIT: I read Deepsix's posts and they seemed to be helpful. but more opinions would be much appreciated. Thank you!

That would be a weird turn out when a airsoft company gets a gun more realistic than a firm that makes the real ones. Besides you are compairing a AK with a Type 56. There will be differances.

That would be a weird turn out when a airsoft company gets a gun more realistic than a firm that makes the real ones. Besides you are compairing a AK with a Type 56. There will be differances.

Yeah I guess you are right man. But....grub screws?! Does the real T56 have grub screws? I guess it's not a huge deal, I was just curious. Thanks!

• 5 months later...
Actually those god damn grub screws are kind of a big deal, they are the only bad part on the type 56 rifles.

They make disassembling the rifle a pain in the DAJMHÅL, and beacuse of their placement they get worn out over time, and is impopssible to tight hard.

Indeed, makes me glad I stuck with the Dboys VFC-clones.

Actually, I don't mind the grub screws. I don't have a problem tightening them and once I do, the thing is more solid than anything I have ever felt. I wouldn't mind pins, but the screws really aren't as bad as you would think.

Edited by beta08
  • 1 month later...

Just an update:

This gun o' mine (T56-1) is still running as strong as ever. The finish is holding up surprisingly well. It has an astronomically high ROF with my 9.6v Intellect battery, especially considering it's running at 400 fps stock (I got the updated version). I've had it for around six months and have had no problems. It is my favorite gun and could not ask for anything more, still to this day. Bottom line: I think everyone should have one.

• 1 month later...

hmm thats odd... There are 4 Realsword users on my team including myself (t 56-1) and there really aren't any problems with them at all (one of them was from the first production line over a year ago and it has been used in skirmishes almost every 2 weeks since it was purchased). It is true that sometimes the hop-up unit is a little finicky but it is superb once you get it set right. The hop-up bucking is the only thing I can think of that might need an immediate replacement. So yeah, these guns are awesome. Once you buy one you'll love it.

-Diezel

only lousy bit on mine was the hop up and a wee bit of play in the underfolder shimmed most of the play out the stock changed out the hop.

Though must be said I stripped whole thing down soon as it arrvied for the review so wether a few bits went back together better than the factory had originally assembled it I dont know (doubt it though as it looked well put together as I was taking it apart and AEGs arent exactly my thing)

re the hex screws (Im assuming the outer barrel to trunnion pair - is only ones I can think of on the gun) a bit of loctite on the threads would stop them going anywhere soon

though if you're going down the loctite route you might want to source some fresh grub screws (same length same thread) and do it with those instead - reason for that is if your ones have been thru the mill getting screwed in screwed out, maybe over tightened at some stage in hope of getting them really tight etc the allen head on them might not be as well defined as it should be - in which case the hex key will start slipping when you try to fully tighten them, and may start slipping when it comes to putting enough force on them to break the loctite seal at a later date.

If you want I'll try and dig out what size the standard ones are

Snorkelman,

If you don't mind me asking what did you use to shim the stock? And did you shim both sides or just one? I would like to do this sometime today and will probably end up using pieces of a plastic folder on both sides.

Thank you sir.

EDIT: I just went to shim my stock and stripped the threading on one of the screws. Now I can't put it back together or even use it until I get a new one. :(

Edited by beta08