Real Sword Type 56-1

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goh, it can be done... but it's pretty hard... the 56 has a whole mounting bracket that is part of the receiver itself... the wooden stock slides on that bracket ( actually two brackets ) and then you screw it down. There is some serious welding involved in you want to do it right starting from the 56-1...

It would save you a whole deal of trouble and headache if you tried scoring a Type 56.

Try the second-hand market or sent out a couple of dozens of e-mails, or beg your store to order one for you...

one will eventually pop up

Edited by blablabla

Rats, well that sucks. I didn't check back here until today, after i bought the 56-1 with some internal upgrades. Now I'm actually pretty disappointed as I love the look of the full stock.

BTW, I did ask the store owner when more would be in and he said it could be weeks, months, even a year, he had no idea.

• 4 months later...

An external comparison I had done a while ago on another forum, between the Norinco (real, deact) type 56-1 and the Real sword type 56-1, some of you may have seen this, but probably not, figured I should repost for my love for this platform, here are some pictures of it when it was still in its purist form (which I've now bastardised with real steel 3 Samson mfg parts, rail, cheek rest and rear sight rail, need to find time to take pictures of those)

DSC03092.jpg

DSC03093.jpg

One thing worth noting to begin with is that the Norinco type 56-1 is very oily, making it look shinier than the gun itself, this would show through in many of the images to follow.

DSC03096.jpg

DSC03097.jpg

DSC03102.jpg

DSC03100.jpg

DSC03105.jpg

DSC03106.jpg

Note the fire selector markings, the Norinco version indicates "?" and "?", where as the RS version "L" "D", which stands for "Lian" and "Dan", meaning continous and single in Chinese.

DSC03107.jpg

Note pistol grip dimension difference, typical of airsoft grips, HOWEVER, a LCT bakelite grip reduces the grip size more similar to its real counterpart.

DSC03112.jpg

DSC03113.jpg

DSC03115.jpg

DSC03126.jpg

DSC03127.jpg

DSC03118.jpg

DSC03116.jpg

DSC03123.jpg

DSC03124.jpg

DSC03125.jpg

DSC03144.jpg

DSC03137.jpg

DSC03146.jpg

DSC03153.jpg

DSC03163.jpg

RS

3.7kg unloaded with 7.4v 1600 mah lipo battery

empty magazine 0.312 kg (BBs weight negligible)

Total weight: 4.0kg

Norinco

3.3kg unloaded

empty magazine 0.327 kg

magazine loaded with 30 steel cased 7.62x39 = 0.818 kg

Total weight 4.1kg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Could the RS GB be crammed into the Norinco reciever? I know the Norinco pistol grip is not compatible.

I thought the whole point of RS is that it's a GB crammed into a Norinco receiver.. if you saw the pictures above... they really are identical, they feel the same, everything is exactly the same, it's basically an AEG made in the Norinco factory.. but in short... yes, it will, RS redesigned the GB so that it would be a drop fit into a real steel receiver. 

No point in using a real steel receiver as they are identical anyway , same materials ,

Made in the same factory , only differences are the pistol grip and a minor mod to the folding stock , apart from that no differences at all , same with all their guns which use real steel materials for their construction , dragunov , type 97 etc ..

Skirmished my 56. 1 at rift airsoft last week and to the site owners and marshals disbelief I was accurately hitting a man size target at 65/ 70 meters on the range . This is on an out of the box non modded gun at 350 fps . This is now my primary skirmish weopon , for obvious reasons .

• 1 month later...

Skirmished my 56. 1 at rift airsoft last week and to the site owners and marshals disbelief I was accurately hitting a man size target at 65/ 70 meters on the range . This is on an out of the box non modded gun at 350 fps . This is now my primary skirmish weopon , for obvious reasons .

Am now using Lonex magazines ( flash mags ) easy mod to mags ( grind the corners to fit . They fit and feed flawlessly . , still my favourite gun at the moment , after 6 skirmishes not one fault or issue to report . These guns are built like tanks ...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update to my 56.1

Still running flawlessly with no problems still my favourite gun for urban / cqb due to its indestructable build quality . Has picked up a few knocks and bumps but it just adds to its looks

Definatly a gun that gets used and abused on the field and yet still soldiers on .