Real Sword Type 56-1

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. My left side is a tad crooked when screwed together, meaning I could only shim one "side" of it, if that makes any sense. Also, on the right side, the stock has a bit of play in between the reciever and circular part that covers up the screw.

I also just sent RS an e-mail about the screw stripping. I might just buy an entire new stock assembly if I can as my current one is giving me trouble.

PS: To anyone reading this, don't let it scare you. It's a great gun really.

I've just bought one. Full Stock + 4 mags + Sling + Aluminium bayonet. :D

Interesting. My left side is a tad crooked when screwed together, meaning I could only shim one "side" of it, if that makes any sense. Also, on the right side, the stock has a bit of play in between the reciever and circular part that covers up the screw.

I also just sent RS an e-mail about the screw stripping. I might just buy an entire new stock assembly if I can as my current one is giving me trouble.

PS: To anyone reading this, don't let it scare you. It's a great gun really.

Nice pun! xD

But yes, the wiring is in parallel, meaning that the voltage will remain the same yet the amperage (mah) will be added. If it was wired in series, however, the voltage would be added and that... wouldn't be so good for the gun.

Reading between the lines (and a few reviews) I'm think it'll be prudent to source and fit the following to mine when it arrives:

455mm Prometheus 6.03mm Tightbore

Prometheus/High Quality Nozzle (I've read that the stock nozzles are slightly too long causing misfeeds on auto)

CA/TM/Prometheus/High quality Hop-up Bucking/Air Seal

What nozzle will I need? And, perhaps more importantly, do I really need any of the above?

Range and accuracy won't be such big issues but misfeeds will absolutely do my head-in! :wide-eyed:

:)

Edited by Panoptes

Id just reckon your better of giving the stock config a fair crack of the whip first. The guns arent inacurate, not all suffer from feeding issues. Hop rubber was an issue on mine but even that isnt something I'd say order in advance of guns arrival - they have built them in more than one config so changes are getting made and it may have been improved since my early one etc.

Just get too many reviews on net that are afflicted with upgrade-itis where standard parts get dumped for no reason other than expectation they'll be ###### or they "dont look good quality" or "I always use a tightbore" etc

sods law usually dictates the parts you buy at same time 'just in case' will be the parts that dont end up needing replaced anyway :)

"I always use a tightbore" etc

But I always do (and a MOSFET)! :) I think you're making a good point though, Snorkelman (as usual) :)

The way I look at it (since I can't do any of the work myself through sheer incompetence) is that I'm going to save myself a few quid and a bit of hassle by getting work done at source. It's inevitable that I'll want a tightbore and a MOSFET at some point - even if it's near perfection out of the box.

Interestingly, I emailed LWA to ask their advice on upgrades and they just said tightbore and spring.

I can't claim the pun was intentional - in fact, I had to read my post a few times to actually see it! :)

Thanks for clearing that up for me beta08. Closer to pushing the button on one of these, now that I know I can effectively get big battery oomph out of it.

Funny, the first RS owner here in UT did exactly that, and ran w/it that way (9.6v/1300mAh in spine/7.2v in stock on T56) and played w/it every other weekend for probably 3 months, it had a ridiculous RoF, high 20's rpm at least.

• 4 weeks later...
Id just reckon your better of giving the stock config a fair crack of the whip first. The guns arent inacurate, not all suffer from feeding issues. Hop rubber was an issue on mine but even that isnt something I'd say order in advance of guns arrival - they have built them in more than one config so changes are getting made and it may have been improved since my early one etc.

Just get too many reviews on net that are afflicted with upgrade-itis where standard parts get dumped for no reason other than expectation they'll be ###### or they "dont look good quality" or "I always use a tightbore" etc

sods law usually dictates the parts you buy at same time 'just in case' will be the parts that dont end up needing replaced anyway :)

My type 56-1's stock accuracy was pretty bad so first I just changed out the hop up rubber and it performed a little better, but was still not up to par with other stock gun's in the accuracy department so I put a tight bore in it and now it shoots like a dream. All in all I love this gun and its with out a doubt the best gun I have owned in my 6 years of airsofting but if I had to do it over again I would get the solid stock version as this is my primary gun and the stock wobble on the under folder can be annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So last year I had an 56-1, but had to sell it, cuz I needed money bad !! :mellow:

As it was the best AEG I ever had, I am buying one again asap. but the full stock version now

Anyhting that has changed in the meantime?

I had a lot of feeding issues with mine, with the midcaps that was, have the made changes? or should I just get TM single stack ones ?

I know they feed good, all of the time, played one game with only TM and they were a dream

Only problem was that I thought they looked not as good as the Realsword ones

So couple off questions for you guys that have been playing with them now for quite some time?

changes I would make

-tightbore

-madbull rubber(soft) and H-nub, I would go for the soft one cuz I heard that the original rubber they fitted was meant for higher fps, that the gun does deliver, hence

-slightly shorter nozzle, heard from some guys that original was to long which sometimes led to misfeeds

any thoughts?

• 3 months later...

dayum that sucks, I love my realsword svd so much I was thinking of getting a realsword type 56 or 56-1 for the vietnam games that my team plays in the summers. But if I need to buy all the mags for them from RS that may hurt the wallet a little to much to make it worth it compared to doing a US marine loadout lol

thank you for the info on that by the way!

Edited by Schultz98