Desert DPM loadout

sekiryu

If you're still after an Osprey vest I can sell you a good condition used one with two genuine Mk2 ammo pouches (6 mag carrying capacity total) for £60 plus postage to wherever in the world.

I have two more in similar condition with one Mk2 ammo pouch each for £50 plus postage.

If you want the very rare shoulder and hi/lo neck protectors I got a very good condition complete one with two genuine Mk2 ammo pouches and the medical kit pouch for £100 plus postage.

Naturally, neither of these have any kevlar fillers or plates.

I can also get you any Desert DPM kit you want including the new UBACS genuine under armour combat shirts. PM me if you are interested..

B)

Do somebody knows what drop down/thigh holsters UK forces uses?

I know Bianchi M12 and couple DPM color and Uncle Mikes Pro-3 Tactical Holster. But there is other black/OD color than that Uncle Mikes.

Eagle's SAS, Blackhawk Omega, Web-Tex?

Couple pics:

nope thats pretty much it. In fact when i was in Basrah airport they didnt even do that! we kept it secured and defended around the clock from when we got there to when we left, they pretty much just minced around telling lies to impress medic chicks. Not that i've got anything against them or anything. ;)

@morpcat: check your Pm.

Darkchild

I spoke to a RAF Regiment WO at Honington late last year and he said exactly the same about you army lads ;)

nope thats pretty much it. In fact when i was in Basrah airport they didnt even do that! we kept it secured and defended around the clock from when we got there to when we left, they pretty much just minced around telling lies to impress medic chicks. Not that i've got anything against them or anything. ;)

Darkchild

Tell that to Matthew Caulwell, Peter McFerran and Christopher Dunsmore.

'Per Ardua'..

Do somebody knows what drop down/thigh holsters UK forces uses?

I know Bianchi M12 and couple DPM color and Uncle Mikes Pro-3 Tactical Holster. But there is other black/OD color than that Uncle Mikes.

Eagle's SAS, Blackhawk Omega, Web-Tex?

Couple pics:

Not really an issue item that mate. I think Pilots have a holster built into the survival vest, tankies dont really get pistols if I remember correctly.

Vanguard/SASS/Rangemaster DPM Pistolholster for shoulder & Belt for the odd ocasions they are issued. Apparently Viper/Webtex drop legs are used by SF but I'm not sure if that is private purchase or issued.

Your Pics show Webtex drop legs too.

Holsters.....

A MOLLE compatible desert drop-leg holster was issued last year but it was pump and not really MOLLE compatible. I didn't even bother trying it on. Normally you'll own see REMFs using them. The PLCE holster is equally bad and these didn't even leave the armourer's iso. Again normally only REMFs would bother with the useless issue tac vest.

Most of the lads would use viper or webtex (personally I thought they were pretty websters). A couple of people bought various US ones. Out on the ground lots of guys just use their map pockets with a lanyard attached. I did this occasionally depending on what I was going to be doing or what means of transportation I'd be using.

Most of the time I used a Safariland drop-leg; probably the best bit of tactical rig I own, the problem is you have to buy a different one for the various issue pistols. Doh! However they are a serious bit of kit and I'm certainly glad I now own several.

I spoke to a RAF Regiment WO at Honington late last year and he said exactly the same about you army lads ;)

really? ask him how he felt when his unit let 11 weapons get stolen from the camp, as well as 2 sixty foot cranes, prompting the top brass to replace the RAF guard force at the COB with us!

Then the plastic infantry got relegated to short range patrols ie. 1km out of the gate then back in. cry me a river flyboys.

Darkchild

Most of the time I used a Safariland drop-leg; probably the best bit of tactical rig I own, the problem is you have to buy a different one for the various issue pistols. Doh! However they are a serious bit of kit and I'm certainly glad I now own several.

What differant pistols would that be mate?

Exactly.. everyone seems to forget that the RAF is out there as well. They were 3 RAF Regiment Gunners killed in July 2007 in a rocket attack in Basrah, Iraq.

It's not a matter for forgetting the RAF is there, i mean who else would be sucking up all that budget?

I left Iraq before they got killed but this pic is of were they hung out standing by there wimiks looking cool. this was the second near miss the the other one hit the porta loo next the vehicles just outa view. there QRF shed an vehicles just behind the pic up.

QUOTE (Grumman @ Jan 31 2008, 10:22 PM) post_snapback.gifExactly.. everyone seems to forget that the RAF is out there as well. They were 3 RAF Regiment Gunners killed in July 2007 in a rocket attack in Basrah, Iraq.

Archived