Paypal scam by a board member - azn1stknightsoul

n00bTard

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm having a big problem with a board member, azn1stknightsoul, and he won't answer my PMs, so I going to go ahead and post this, hoping someone will help me. I've been PMing him since the 23rd, and I know he's been on the board several times since then, with no reply... so... Here's the details:

- in September, I was selling several items here on Arnies. azn1stknightsoul purchased 110$ worth of parts from me, which were shipped immediately via USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation. He seemed happy with his purchase and I assumed that was the end of it.

- On December 23rd, I recieve a notifaction from paypal stating that he is issuing a charge back to his credit card, with the reason given as "card was used without permission"

- Paypal has taken the full 110$ from me, well, put it "on hold" as they put it, but my account is in the negative for this amount.

- I've provided paypal with pictures of the items, descriptions, the USPS tracking information and proof of delivery to try and fight the chargeback with his credit card company.

Paypal is telling me, that despite having all this proof, that azn1stknightsoul's address was unconfirmed, therefore I am not entitled to any sort of seller protection (I have his real name and address, but I don't think it would be appropriate to post that). So, despite everything, because I didn't check that his address was confirmed or not, I'm screwed.

I have sold literaly hundreds of items on this board, I'm mentioned in the good sellers thread several times, and many of you have done business with me. I have never had a problem before this incedent, and I really don't know what I can do about it.

Is he trying this with any other board members? He seems to buy and sell quite a bit here on the forums, so I'm hoping that he's trying this with some other members, and maybe we can all get together to help paypal fight his credit card company and deny the chargebacks. If he's tried a chargeback with you, please PM me and maybe we can help each other!

This goes here: Problems with sales online forum.

I don't know him, but what does it mean that his address was "unconfirmed"? Did he have an account on Paypal?

It means he hasn't confirmed his address and telephone number on his account.

I think it would be appropriate to place his name and address, in order to deter other members from conducting business with him, under another account name and aliases, like a few thieves have done in the past on Arnies. Of course, don't do this until a moderator approves it.

I know about the problems with sales forum, but I'm hoping to keep this somewhere that I have the best chance of other scammed members seeing it. If a mod moves this, I have no problem with that, I'm just really hoping I'm not the only one, and that as a group we could have more clout with paypal to get our funds back.

I will post his name and address, but only if a mod approves.

If you know about the "Problem with sales" forum you should have posted there, or are you under the impression that your problem is more important than those rule-abiding members who post in there?

Also, if you had followed the rules, you would have seen another thread with a user complaining about azn1stknightsoul. If other members have a problem, they'd look in the correct forum, instead of faffing around in the completely wrong forum.

Next time, post in the right forum.

Thread moved. Thanks to all of you who posted but didn't bother reporting that the thread was in the wrong place so I had to stumble across it.

I see you haven't left a comment in his profile yet, might be good as a warning to other members.

I did a search by his username and nothing came up. Thanks for moving it Pablo and I will put a comment in his profile.

Wow, some really nice people on this board...

EDIT: well it looks like the guy had his identity stolen and this might all be a big misunderstanding. I'm sympathetic, I really am, but it looks like there's quite a few of us with messed up paypal accounts because he indiscrimitely charged back all paypal transactions on that card. This has really messed up my ability to do business online, and it looks like I'm not the only one, so, I'm sorry to hear what happened to him, but I hope he clears this up soon.

Good news! He did contact me on sacairsoft, and seems like a very stand-up guy. Here was his response to my PM:

Hey, thank you very much for finding me. Right now, I have signed the affidavit for paypal and sent them all out, so far with no response. Ive checked online, and apparently paypal has had a bad track record with customer service.

After this incident, I had contacted gmail to simply close my account, so that is why if anyone had sent me an email, i did not recieve. If you could do me a huge favor, pass on the word that I have signed the various affidavits, stating the transactions are legit. Right now, its only up to paypal.

If worse comes to worse and paypal's "investigation" ends up crediting me back the money that should have been yours, I will go out and take out money orders and send you back your money. Thats what I've had to do for 2 others already, as they needed the money badly, even though the money is not in my possession.

I really appreciate the sympathy for my case mate. Thank you dearly.

So, I'm going to login to paypal and update my open cases with this reponse from him, telling paypal that I know they have the affidavits, and continue to beg them to release the funds. I know paypal are a bunch of... word filtered expletives.... but I will still try. I'm going to update the other threads about him with this info as well.

Archived