How Hardcore are you?

Mr.Hyde

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

In a return to seriousness, I've been pulling more and more stunts recently...

A few examples, not really too amazing but for my usually cautious-deadly style this is pretty brazen.:

Last Saturday, we had a simple attack-defend game for the last scenario of the day. Our team got to within about 300 feet of their base, just slightly out of range of anyone except DMs, and we respawned behind this huge U-shaped hill/gravel pile. As makeshift cover, there was a big cardboard box stood up a short distance away between us and the opfor base. Myself along with two other guys stacked up behind it and used it to put fire just slightly closer to the enemy. A couple guys went around the far side of the U-hill, using one of the dirt mounds in the enemy base to conceal their advance until they were practically at the opfor's doorstep. I determined to join them, and when the right moment came, had the other two guys dump suppression fire for me. Cue the insane run where I shouldered my gun with one hand to my right shoulder, firing one-handed for suppression purposes while moving up. This stunt pretty much proved the age-olde idea that an airsofter can't hit you if you're running. We proceeded to be so hardcore that repeated attempts to grenade our position and/or overrun us failed (we were also all down to pistols, as this area was tightly packed with cover).

The real cake goes to one incident a week or two ago at the CQB place, though. We ran a no-respawn elimination match with about 5 on 5. It was me and three new guys, who for all their inexperience were decent at squad tactics. We attempted to lure the opfor to our base (i.e. "boring" them out of cover), and we might've gotten one or two of them from safety. As my inaugural act of hardcore, I grabbed one of the new guys and pulled him out of the way when someone tried to surrender him through a tiny box up near the ceiling with a hole in it. There's this wooden tower thing which goes up to the ceiling and is hollow with an accessible backside right next to it, and one of our guys decided to crawl inside and hide there for cover. His two buddies followed him, leaving me all alone to guard the entire base...nope.

So I crawled into this TINY box, about five by three feet by ten feet was all we had, so we were lined up and packed like sardines. We each covered the opposite directions where enemies could approach. One guy figured us out and tried to suicide rush us, promptly facing the wrath of all of us at once. Our position exposed, the last guy moved in to come look for us, only to walk right past us and get surrendered by all four of us. Lulz were had, the entire time we were trying not to break out laughing.

I dislocated my knee climbing out of a trench after I got shot out in a game. It hurt a lot.

I couldn't walk as my leg was bent the wrong way, so I pulled my knee back the way it was supposed to bend with my hands until the kneecap popped back into place. That hurt even more.

But now I can walk. Woo.

I'd like to think I was unfazed by it, but truth be told the only reason I wasn't crying like... something that was crying alot was because it hurt so much I couldn't breathe properly.

So instead I just said "*fruitcage*!" over and over. :D

The last game I attended, we were stuck in the corner of a field trying to reach a bunker across about 80 metres of open ground; Everyone was just hiding and lobbing shots, and I got a bit bored, so I ran straight at the bunker shouting 'DEATH OR GLORY' with my M4 in one hand and a pistol in the other firing wildly. I got absolutely laced after managing to cross about 50 metres unscathed, and received my first ever hit to the tooth... Nearly knocked me over. Thankfully the tooth remained intact, but I think next time I'll avoid the shouting bit...

I think I need to buy a contour or something similar to capture all my moments of Hardcorness.

Generally they involve strolling about the place murderising people in a very casual fashion. Apart from my last game at eversly where I lost cool points due to smashing my knee off a root covered in soft mulch. Hit it so hard the back of my knee bruised not the front, one of those too much pain to breath trying to claw off my PC to get air.

I'm so hardcore that last weekend, I threw a MK5 at the enemy above the door we were trying to get out of. It bounced off a wall and fell down to our team again. Not content with the idea of teamkilling, I picked up the still burning MK5 and threw it back up, taking the opposition out.

I went from being called an utter spanner to muchos high-fives all round in the time it takes for a MK5 to burn out...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so hardcore I've resisted the urge to play for a whole month, and have instead been lurking on arnies.

No but seriously, my hardcore moment took place the last time I went to a public field. We were playing a capture the flag game with the defending team taking cover in a pretty built up fort, right behind the flag. My friend and I and two other players were late coming into the game, so we just charged the fort, with me and the other two players laying down constant cover fire while my friend ran up and grabbed the flag. The game was over in less than 20 seconds. One guy who was taking cover when the game ended actually popped up about a minute later and started shooting after everyone had finished. :D

The richter scale doesn't go high enough to measure my hardcore-ness.

While my bedroom antics shatter windows and bring down countries my airsoft ability has to be measured on a scale that only i know, it goes:

0 = Normal

1= Average Airsofter

3.14= pie, mmm pie

100= Most people on here

Infinite (can't find the symbol)= Me and all around me :P

Though it isn't like i have an elevated opinion of myself ;)

'FireKnife'

• 2 weeks later...

Archived