How Hardcore are you?

Mr.Hyde

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit out of touch with things, but i used Hexi cookers back in the 80's, dont tell me the british army are still using them ?

Trying to get one get one going and then waiting for ever to cook anything in camp is one thing, to spark one up mid game is priceless.

You sir are awesome, bet your tea-bags didnt have bromide in them though tongue.gif

The combat brew is a classic. I tried to get one going after the soviets went quiet during a Cold War game. Got as far as putting the cup on the stove and getting the lighter out to spark the hexi, then the buggers came back to attack our position! Gah!

Yes Dagonet, hexi is still used, as it's cleared for Air Transport and Air Drop so it's easier logistically than gas etc. And it doesn't take up a whole utility pouch like a gas pod alone would.

I did ask for pics but they didn't take any sad.gif really good cup of tea though. Still made by Chequer Foods Ltd wink.gif I had a rat pack for my lunch too. Something like 20 boil in the bag meals and half full brew kits still on my fridge.

Aha, Angel, you should have just sat there and said "Russian buggers aren't going to interrupt my brew. Tally ho chaps!" *cocks rifle* :)

Next time i'll get it on video biggrin.gif

I've stopped while under fire to first take my bandanna off, and then whip out the combs to sort out the mohawk. The people I had shot before diving into the fox hole to sort out my hair were all quite amused that I was doing this, despite the fact that there were 3 people firing at me from less than 15m away. :D

I got disappointedly annoyed at my side when I went to the mall a week and a half ago (mainly they were just new players so that is why they were so nervous about corners).

So to sort our what appeared to be non movement policy on corners I took the following action;

Threw myself around the corners taking out as many as I could before going down to the point I even got called crazy.

And the best bit walking straight down the middle of the mall like I was on a leisurely stroll across a park with my friends M4 stubby in one hand shooting people as I went, every time I went across I got over half way before being plugged.

Playing at the mall a few weeks back, got quite well pinned in the middle of the main street by the lift. My phone rings so i answer it, not much else to do really i wasnt going anywhere. The over looking marshal was amused. About a third of the way through the day i concluded that tactical entry and supression were realy not going to work at this site som i engaged in a fairly full on bfg + gunkata stufly of play. All was good untill the last two games when some guy getts a real pissy on and starts having a go at everyone who shoots him, i stopped playing at that point.

Wading through a 4ft deep swamp then finding a good bank that was well defendable. From there I setup my pack in front of me to break up my body shape. I held my rifle flat to the ground then waited for a good 20 mins. Enemy came walking down the hill while my partner on the other side had a spot just off the side of the swamp banks. Partner engaged target but his mags suck so he was KIA, then I watched the target until he was in a clearview. Took 3 shots at him to shake him up to make him advance or try to find me. He got into a clear position then I knocked em out with 2 rounds.

• 1 year later...

Time to revive this thread.

there were 220 people at the field, so 110 vs 110, simple capture the flag-type game, just push the button in enemy base to win.

The game had been going for about 5 minutes when something amazing happened. One of my teammates, dressed up in imperial japanese gear carrying a massive flag of japan stood up and screamed "banzai!". the remaining 70 members of our team jumped out of cover and rushed them. and we kept going.

Did I stay back with the 16 pound m60? Hell no, i was leading the charge next to the flag carrier, spraying from the hip (left hand on handle, right on the trigger), just running and shooting. The tactic worked, we pushed them all the way back, and in the end, every one on the other team was out. Never before have 40 people surrounded the button and pushed it at once.

It was hardcore

Doing a CQB game, we were attacking a building, clearing it out room-by-room with thermobarics and room clearance drills etc. We got to the last room with only one point of entry, a lot of hard cover and no more thermos left. But in a brainwave we decided to smoke the room out instead :) "here's a present for you boys!" I think was the line; I chucked the smoke grenade in and the room was FILLED with smoke in about 10 seconds, after which my cousin and I just charged straight in, screaming blue murder and somehow the room was cleared out, and the game was won :)

Note: The marshals were right outside the door with us, we made it clear as to what we were about to do, they did not object to us using the smoke indoors. Everyone was out within the next minute anyway, so no harm was done to anyone :)

This was last year

I came off my bike and broke my arm on the friday evening and was skirmishing on the sunday with my arm in a cast. I also played another day later before the cast was removed and the look on the nurses face when she took it off and a load of twigs and dead leaves fell out was priceless

Me and teammates decided to flank around the other team's rear, and after a 30-minute hike or so, discovered there was a cliff face preventing us from moving on. So, nothing ventured nothing gained, and we did a descent down the face, at times actually using rope. It all worked quite well, we got down undetected and started popping enemies in their backs to the point that some of them were yelling "friendly fire! friendly fire!" and had no idea. Eventually they figured out there were only 4 of us and pinned us down, but not before we nabbed an objective and took out 10-12 of theirs.

Archived