Rhodesian/SADF Loadout Discussion

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks the business...and I highly doubt anyone calling you mid-game "HEY! YOU THERE...YOU THINK YOU'RE CLEVER!? YOU'RE A LIAR! A FAKE! A CURSE UPON YOUR FAMILY!"

Thanks. Looking at the 32bn pattern, it looks like the Transkei pattern uses the same colors and stripe pattern, just rotated about 90º.

Today I received my nutria SADF bush hat from eBay seller quinton_collectables. I had a great experience with this seller, and he's got lots of neat SA and Rhodesian militaria.

PICT0460-1.jpg

The hat is a size 58, which is a little small for my big head, but it fits. The SADF bush hat looks to be an almost direct copy of what the Israelis wear.

I have had a Rhodesian Selous Scouts loadout in the works for a hot minute. I just purchased a chestrig from LandShark Tactical:

rd2-90.jpg

This pic is from the LandShark Tactical website.

It looka like the FAL/G3 chest rigs I have seen pictures of Selous Scouts wearing.

http://www.landsharktactical.com/rifle.htm

And in this picture:

SelousScout1977.jpg

The shorts look alot like the USMC PT (no silkies) shorts, He is wearing British 1958 webbing and has a painted FAL. This is part of what I am looking to base my SELOUS SCOUTS loadout on.

You gonna rock the shorts?

Hells yeah I am, but I just found out the chest rig is not coming to me the website was supposedly supposed to be shut down and I have to put in a PAYPAL dispute in order to get my funds back. It is a damn shame too because that was so perfect for the Selous Scouts.

Hells yeah I am, but I just found out the chest rig is not coming to me the website was supposedly supposed to be shut down and I have to put in a PAYPAL dispute in order to get my funds back. It is a damn shame too because that was so perfect for the Selous Scouts.

Wow, that sucks. I wonder if you could strip the pouches off an SKS chest rig and attach FN or G3 pouches to that?

• 3 weeks later...

I received my order from Belikoff today, and am incredibly pleased with it. The pants and shirt are from 1988, but have never been worn. They made a mistake and sent me the full M83 vest instead of the chest rig, but considering that I only paid $8 for a vest that regularly goes for upwards of $80 on eBay, that's a mistake I can definitely live with :D

I'll post pics later.

Better picture. I really need to get a belt!

SADFBrowns.jpg

And here's one of the Pat.83 vest + bush hat:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i103/sup...ft/PICT0465.jpg

As soon as I find the battery charger to the family camera I'll post pics of what I've got going for 32 Battalion.

Looking good, where can somebody get these items and what rifle and boots would be appropriate to complete this outfit? Thx

Looking good, where can somebody get these items and what rifle and boots would be appropriate to complete this outfit? Thx

Thanks.

I got the shirt, trousers, and vest from Belikoff (www.belikoff.com). The hat I picked up off Ebay.

The appropriate rifle would be a Gailil, though if you used the old webbing you could carry a G3 or FAL, but those were less common with the late 80's uniform. I carry an AK because they were fairly common in Namibia/Angola and I can carry it with the 32 Bn kit. If there was a Galil available for $250-$300, I'd get it, but I'm not paying $1300 for an Airsoft gun - a real one would be cheaper.

I'm not sure about boots - a GI pair of British or Russian boots should work. The SADF also issued (I believe) desert boots. I already have a pair of US style deserts, so that's what I'll be wearing. Shoes are an issue for me, as I have size 15 US feet. I may pick up a pair of Russian boots off

Looks ace jones.

Thanks to you as well.

pjones, that is a nice loadout man. @azulsky yeah tell me about it that was a sweat simple rig. I had some dual .308 pouches custom made and I am going to try and replicat that look with a custom MOLLE .308 chestrig, but it won't be usable for the Selous Scouts though.

They take STANAG mags with the cover down as a tight fit, but put a small 2" block of polystyrene in if you want the tops of mags to protrude the top.

Some of my SADF kit:

M83 vest:

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

Pouch clip mods:

DSC00377.jpg

Green Niemoller beltrig:

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

Matching chest rigs:

DSC00378.jpg

Individual pouches: