Zombie Huntin'

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaun from shaun of the dead(great flick)

For mine I would have:

I am legend Zombies:

M14 EBR with 2 lights, one Surefire 6P and a Centurian or M3 combat light(carry)

Kimber Desert Warror w/ Streamlight TLR-1(Carry)

AKS74 ( at home)

M240 w/ attached Surefire Hellfighter light (at home)

Snub nose .38(carry)

Several other 1911's placed throughout house

Eagle RRV with apropriate pouches and seveal inova strobes

Armored neck guards

A few handgrenades( at home and to carry)

Safriland holster for 1911

ankle holster for .38

Machete

Nice heavy boots

Gerber LMF Knife on other leg

And a kick *albatross* German Sheperd with custom UV light fitted vest

28 Weeks later Zombies:

HK416 w/14.5" barrel, ACOG, Surefire G2

Kimber desert Warrior

Safariland holster

Machete

Gerber LMF on leg

Eagle Chest rig

PACA and some light weight, tear/bite proof armor

ESS goggles

Face shield

Grenades

Mine is more likely to be based on World War Z / Zombie Survival Guide zombies. Anyone looking for a crowbar that's (hopefully) airsoft safe, try searching for a Superman Bendable Bar on ebay. Found them by accident, but they look the business! Might take the battery out though...

Mine will eventually be a Zombie Outbreak Control Unit loadout - Jackets and T-shirts are available on ebay, and I'll wear these with:

Black BDU trousers or jeans

Black boots

Black LB vest with pouches

Shotgun belts (with inert shells) crossed over my shoulders.

Cheap springer shotgun (for now)

Rubber crowbar across my back

Rubber machete (when I can find one) on my leg (might make do with an empty frog for now - could make a handle so it looks like it's full)

Black Delta Helmet

X800 goggles

Desert Eagle in a belt holster

G&G GR300L (when required)

A&K M249 (when required)

Maybe a bullet belt draped over my shoulder when I'm carrying the M249

Custom Z.O.C.U. photo ID badge:

ZOCUIDbadgev3.jpg

I know the M249 wouldn't really be much use against zombies (might slow 'em down) but it looks badass.

I'm thinking of getting a toy chainsaw and crossbow too.

I haven;t seen one loadout here that'd survive any serious CQC zombie battle. Lose the slings, lose the book on the chain, lose the... tie. Thats just more things for them to grab and pull you in with. These loadouts are fine for wide open spaces, but if we're gonna take our civilizations' cities back, we need to think about how to best battle up close and personal.

If you want to survive, you need tight clothing and gear that is either hard to grab onto, or easy to lose.

My loadout would consist of a base layer of Underarmor tight leggings and shirt, with a cup under the pants so as too not frame my manly bits to well. (Just because I'm fighting in a zombie apocalypse, doesn't mean I want to lose my dignity.) I'd wear protective shooting glasses, without straps, and a surgeon's mask. I'd carry my important, need to reach item on a MOLLE belt with one of those nice, large clip buckles, and everything else in one of those PANTAC go bags, as they can also have a lage clip to facilitate a release.

Im assuming double post? You cant unless a mod comes in and deletes it for you.

I would have chosen similar to you but I would have said the SO Tech Go Bag...which is no real difference as its the same as the PANTAC one which I didnt know till I just looked it up 2 mins ago :)

I would say a couple of good weapons which fire acurately and pack a punch, a machette for those 28 Days Later close quarter attacks and protection for the face incase of infection through the eyes (again 28 Days) and knee and arm pads, I know not everyone likes em but would make you alot more mobile as you can dive around with less worry of doing your knee in.

A zombie hunter is different to most zombie films you see which most would get their inspiration from, they tend to have very defensive moves where as a hunter would be more offensive in their actions and equipment

I haven;t seen one loadout here that'd survive any serious CQC zombie battle. Lose the slings, lose the book on the chain, lose the... tie. Thats just more things for them to grab and pull you in with. These loadouts are fine for wide open spaces, but if we're gonna take our civilizations' cities back, we need to think about how to best battle up close and personal.

If you want to survive, you need tight clothing and gear that is either hard to grab onto, or easy to lose.

My loadout would consist of a base layer of Underarmor tight leggings and shirt, with a cup under the pants so as too not frame my manly bits to well. (Just because I'm fighting in a zombie apocalypse, doesn't mean I want to lose my dignity.) I'd wear protective shooting glasses, without straps, and a surgeon's mask. I'd carry my important, need to reach item on a MOLLE belt with one of those nice, large clip buckles, and everything else in one of those PANTAC go bags, as they can also have a lage clip to facilitate a release.

OKAY FINE! I'll just be a zombie-killing ninja! If they get too close, smoke bomb and disappear.

Lol.

Here's a quick kit list:

-Paintball Mask, modified to look like a Gas Mask (for CQB)

-ESS Goggles, for long range

-Black jumpsuit, close range

-Black Fleece and Woodland BDUs/Jeans, long range

-Black Combat Boots, Long range

-Shoes, close range

-M23 Pioneer, Long range,

-Cheap tactical vest, close range

-Knee pads

-Weight lifting gloves

I'm thinking of fully converting my loadout to a "Special Forces Black Ops Gone Zombie Hunting" Look because I always need an excuse to go tactical.

Screw a kit list!

Here's my primary:

streetsweeper9ml.jpg

12" Knife:

038263.jpg

And I'm still deciding on a backup pistol... probably a M9 or M1911

And as daff as it might look at miner/camper head lamp. Maybe some spare NVGs in the pack.

Hmm... Considering some stuff that could be useful.

1) Flare gun: Instant screaming torches with that one, and it takes a zombie out when it gets doused with burning magnesium... :)

2) M203 or CAW Revolver... Pity that Vietnam pump-action hasn't been replicated in airsoft.

3) Anyone else thinking a pair of Kampfpistole would be the dog's danglies with mini-moscarts? :)

4) Mini-moscart/Tanaka shotshell based version of Striker/Protecta would be pretty much fun project to build. I don't think the Maruzen shells would really work that well, since there's less space for a goodly gas reservoir... Unless it was built into the drum somehow.

Pablo: M249 with full belts of tracers: Zombie flambe... Ignite them and watch them burn... :)

Well, being the hellbent and disturbed eighteen-year olds we are, me and my buddies (who also make up my rag-tag airsoft team) tend to play zombie scenarios often, so I've been giving some serious consideration on what outbreak loadout I should make. I'm thinking of something very low-drag, easy to get on and off, as we all frequently change out roles of "zombie" and "survivor" (basically, zombies rush and attempt to "bite", or touch rather, their opponent before getting tapped three times), and running full speed with full battle rattle at your opponent trying to tag him isn't appealing at all. Here's what I was thinking:

Clothing:

Black BDU's

Black Combat Boots

Fingerless leather gloves

Leather trench coat

Gear:

Condor drop-leg platform

SERPA left-handed M1911 drop-leg platform (yeah, I'm a lefty)

MOLLE-compatible MP5 mag pouches on the Condor platform

As many STAR lo-caps as I could hold in the pouches

Yellow-tinted Remington wrap-around shooting glasses

HFC molded plastic M9 combat knife

Blasters:

ECHO 1/Vector Arms MP5A4 with Madbull G5, G&P Aimpoint, vertical foregrip

Marui M1911A1, stock

I've been toying with the idea, as I've got all the things to do with, other than that SERPA, the Condor leg platform, and the mag pouches. I'm sure that using just the leg platform as my main ammo carrier isn't a good idea, as it can only hold so many magazines, but we do these games just for fun, and the idea isn't to carry an insane amount of ammo, because you want Zack to have a fair chance at gettin' up close and personal.

I was also thinking of doing a 28 Weeks Later-esque loadout, similar to the likes of Sergeant Doyle. I run a U.S. Army ACU loadout already, right down to the Matterhorn combat boots, but I'd have to invest in a myriad of different gear, and it'd tempt me into buying another M4 (went down that road, eventually sold it).

Pablo: M249 with full belts of tracers: Zombie flambe... Ignite them and watch them burn... :)

...and slowly walk towards you regardless. Now not only do you need to kill them, you need to put out the fires too. Not good :D

The dual-wielded double-barrel sawn-offs were for lols, though for 28 Days Later types they'd be handy at a pinch. Overkill? No such thing with Zombies, surely?

As I say, mine's more a law-enforcement type loadout suitable for small-scale outbreaks while still being suitable for airsofting.

For a proper Zombie Survival Guide loadout (in addition to close-fitting clothing etc) a good semi-auto carbine replica would be nice, as would a .22 rimfire pistol replica but there aren't many about. I'd use my Ruger Mk1 for that - in fact, I might use that instead of the Deagle.

Don't play Hellgate, do you.... :)

Ignite them, they lose 5% of their unhealth every second for few seconds... :)

Yea... Zombies are soggy, they don't even burn well. Mummies, on the other hand, burn like firewood. Just ask the Egyptians. :)

Archived