Zombie Huntin'

Ving definitely uses two 870's - he loses the one with the torch foregrip outside Andy's, then picks up one with a standard foregrip inside. There's a shorty cruiser in there too. According to imfdb, CJ picks up a Franchie SP8 in Andy's, but it looks a hella lot like that G&P M870 I like (close enough for me).

The G&P is based on a Maruzen, so it's a springer.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Airsoft shotguns:

Maruzen CA870 and derivatives (G&P et al) - springers, 'disguised sniper rifle', 1BB per shot.

Maruzen M870/M1100 - Gas, shell-ejecting

Maruzen M1100 Defedner - Gas, no shells, extremely rare

Tanaka M870 series - Gas in shell, shell-ejecting

Wa Shan side-by-sides - Gas in shell, don't eject shells, break-action

TM M3, SPAS - Springers, 3 barrels

M88 Maverick - Springer, 4 barrels

Marushin M500's and clones: gas, non-ejecting

Out of these, Maruzen springers, Tanakas and the M500s are easy to get. Long Maruzen M870's and M1100 turn up new in batches, but aren't too good. Wa Shans are available in limited stores. I think I have heard of a guy who has M88, but I am not too sure on that :)

Tanaka and Wa Shan have gas in the shell, and are thus easier to customize with RS parts, Maruzen gas things have the gas either in grip or stock, depending on the configuration.

The TM super 90 is a shotgun I've been looking at for a long time now, where the shell works like a magazine firing 3 shots at a time out of separate barrels. It's spring loaded which depending on how you look at is both a virtue and a vice, saves money on gas but... well, it's a springer :P

From looking at reviews of it, despite it being a springer the noise of the thing is incredible. It's quite sturdy and (so I've heard) is a widely accepted main weapon in Airsoft.

Also on the agender would be a Maruzen M870 BV, gas, shell ejecting. The problem I would have with shell ejecting is the fact that you either need to build or buy a shell catcher as well, which, I suppose, isn't really a problem but it's more to think about. Also, a mate of mine is getting the M870 soon so I don't want to cramp his style :P

Well I'm far more for the rapid fire weapons over a good ol' shotty. For me I would have:

Moving around:

CADPAT shirt + trousers

M16A4 with M203 + bayonet (sheer length of the barrel could make that deadly)

HK. USP .45

CADPAT vest with many NATO 5.56 mag pouches and a few pistol mag pouches

WW2 Belt with water bottle (yes having your trousers fall down in front of a large horde of angry undead may seem funny, but the undead will not see the funny side of it)

Machete

E-tool

Helmet (CADPAT obv)

Kevlar or another means of armour

A nice pair of combat boots

*if possible* a leopard C9 tank with plenty of gas + ammo

In an impregnable fortified building (I play too much zombie games on my PC)

CADPAT shirt + trousers

Machete

LOTS of dried food

A fresh water supply (somehow, he did it in 'I am legend')

HK USP .45 (just in case)

Armoury (a large storage room) containing:

M16A4 with M203 + bayonet

AWM (.338)

m249 minimi mkII

tens of thousands of 5.56 rounds

many many NATO 5.56 mags

many Box mags for m249

a good amount of .338 (not so much though)

a sizable number of AWM mags

not so many .45 handgun bullets

*note* I have most of this in Airsoft, not the leopard tank though and not an impregnable fortified building...yet

Interesting topic i must say, it will happen one day im convinced.

if any of you are into reading check out this online novel, it has 4 other parts. Its a entertaining story about your average joe in Canada when he hears reports of dead bodies coming back to life spreading from the african and asian continent making its way over to north america, slowly consuming the world. Its a well put together tale with great realistic goryness.

Rise Of the Dead

Sequel to Rise - Outbreak

enjoy ;)

I just had to post here!

Gear:

* Mil-Force Knee Pads

* Mil-Force Elbow Pads

* Just Helmet  

* G&P SPEAR Body Armor

* Mil Force 2" Tactical Belt W/ Nylon Handcuffs

* Guarder Rifle Mag Pouch

* Tokyo Marui Sig 552 w/ Battery

* 4 Standard Magazines   

* A BSA Red Dot scope

* 3 point Harness

* O.D Coveralls

*Finnish gasmask(Similar to use M-9A1)

Guns:

TM Sig 552 with 5 extra mags placed in G&P vest

HFC G17

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys?

I'm checking waters on whether people are interested, but I could source a few New-in-Box TM M3,s M3Super90's and SPAS shotties at almost reasonable prices ~200 to 250 euros plus shipping.

Would there be any interest in these?

• 1 month later...

Did you saw that off. And can any one please tell me were I can get a marushin M500 in the UK I have been thinking about a full stock, could be cool. But I have no idea were to buy one or how much the cost. Plus if it realy cost a lot would it be better to get the cool cut down one instead.

• 1 month later...

So you want something with a good rate of fire.

You'll need it to be compact, for those tight situations.

You'll need stopping power.

It'll also need to be comfortable to hold.

2545748686_618ba81457_o.jpg

7.62NATO with a good RoF. Compact, but with a sliding stock. PSG-1 grip for your comfort.

As for what to wear, I'm thinking a pair of loose fit jeans, a decent belt to hold them up, and to attach a drop leg holster to. Tight white t-shirt, sleeves just long enough to half-cover your bicep. You'll want plenty of mags, and frag grenades as well.

Oh, a pair of Oakleys, either Monster Dogs or Eye Jackets.

Just had a tidy up and found something no zombie hunter should be without so I added into a pic I've been planning a while.

PICT0131-1.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3119/254574...18ba81457_o.jpg

7.62NATO with a good RoF. Compact, but with a sliding stock. PSG-1 grip for your comfort.

As for what to wear, I'm thinking a pair of loose fit jeans, a decent belt to hold them up, and to attach a drop leg holster to. Tight white t-shirt, sleeves just long enough to half-cover your bicep. You'll want plenty of mags, and frag grenades as well.

Loose jeans? obviously you've never read The Book

Loose jeans? obviously you've never read The Book

Not loose to the point where they're falling off of you, or that you need to stop every 30 seconds to hitch them up again, but loose so they don't constrict your movement or lead to chaffing.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3119/254574...18ba81457_o.jpg

You forgot two important things:

1-You need to carry a lot of ammunition.

2-You need a quiet gun.

Both of which rule out 7.62mm NATO and the short 8" barrel of the "G3 SAS". :P

My vote would go to a UMP in .45 Auto with a suppressor: More ammo/pound than a shotgun, quieter than a whisper.

Archived