Zombie Huntin'

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahahaha omg, you're loadouts are so freaking cool :D

my ideal loadout:

Cloths:

5.11, need rigid clothing to stay intact even when doing crazy-zombie-dodging stuff :P

Gear:

Warrior Assault systems Compact RICAS or Eagle Industries CIRAS ( kinda nimble but claw and bite-prove

Vega Holsters Inc. 4207 holster

Warrior Assault systems Drop leg panel for spare pistol mags

MICH 2000 and NVG's

ESS ICE shield Narro (i'm s small guy ok ? :P )

Guns:

most definitly a HK416 16,5" , 10 or more mag's ( triggerhappy for a reason ;) )

Glock 17 ( needs as good as no maintainance, always nice ) and as much mags as fit on the drop leg panel.

machete ( really, no zombie killer can do without this )

if i had the building safe and was on a roof, i'd also carry a SR-25 SSAS ( special type of SR-25 ). 7,62 mm of horror-killing horror :D

definitly a HHMMVVEE, getting my a*s out of there in armor and style ( and a good front bar-grill thingy to beat down zombies on the go :P )

5.11, need rigid clothing to stay intact even when doing crazy-zombie-dodging stuff tongue.gif

Trust me, Snickers Workgear is much more sturdier then 5.11

MICH 2000 and NVG's

Why would you need a ballistic helmet? It's not like they're gonna shoot 7.62mm joy at you.

machete ( really, no zombie killer can do without this )

A khukuri is lighter and better for chopping skulls.

Machete is more easily acquired than a kukri. Kukri is nice and heavy cutting implement, but I would think it has some trajectory and reach problems when being used, unless you get something on the size of a small sword, at which point it'd be closer to a falcata from the Roman empire era Iberia and becomes cumbersome.

Personal bladed preference would be katana, but that's only because I have trained with them for several years now. :) Of course, a good katana would be hard to get in a zombie outbreak, so a billhook or two lifted from nearest gardening tool shop would do wonders... :)

I still say you can't beat a crowbar in a tight space (got mine right here now, practising in my office).

I have to say I'm chuffed with mine, it's full size, lightweight and not too flexible. Looks the part too. The ends are a bit rigid, so I wouldn't want to whack anyone with it just yet. Once I rip out the electrics and fill it with soft foam, it'll be better.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we are going a little too geared up for zombie hunting. Remember, this is a spur of the moment thing, so the kit you could get would be limited. I have these great blackish-greenish jeans I got from pac-sun (dont laugh) and they do look the part me thinks. I huge duster coat would be far too easy to be grabbed, so I say a thick non-scratchy coat, waist length. I dont think I could get a hold of a vest very easy, maybe. A shotgun is a must for killing zombies, I am so buying one of those ACM M500 in black.

I think a RS FA-MAS would be great with the high ROF, but there is no way I could get one. So I say bust into the local police armory and grab what I can. The MP5A5 would most likely be there, maybe M4s if I am lucky. My ideal pistols would be a Desert Eagle, and really powerful revolver. Not M500 kinda power, but nothing short of a .44 magnum. And a G18c, because 9mm ammo is very common. And a M870, SPAS 12, M500, or M3. And a COP, like the marushin one ^_^

How about this for Fun Gunnin Zomby action

BDU = Black Cassock and White frock

Accessory = Crucifix & Bible Guzzi Style with rosary - All bought from 2nd hand charity shops

Primary = Full stocked shotgun with Shell sling & Bandoliers

Sidearm = Holy water

Maybe even a rapier (I love the scene in Sharp's Sword where the irish priest has a fight with Henry Simerson)

I think we are going a little too geared up for zombie hunting. Remember, this is a spur of the moment thing, so the kit you could get would be limited.

Ah, but my loadout isn't based on a spur of the moment thing - it's a special paramilitary unit designed to deal with zombie outbreaks, innit? Kinda like those guys in Primeval, only better equipped and + zombies, - dinosaurs. ;)

'Course, I can do a spur-of-the-moment-grab-what-you-can-and take-those-goddamn-walking-corpses-DOWN! style loadout with some of the gear too (and I will). :D

i'd use a MICH cause some damn zombie will attempt to bite then brains first ( LOL should he ever crack my skull, will he be disapointed :P ! ) and i don't like having his teeth in my skin. i prefer them breaking on the kevlar of the helmet ! :P

i'd take a machete cause of the lond reach and lightwight killing ( and it looks great and nasty : P)

i'd take 5.11 cause i know they take a whooping, and since i have no expirience with Snickers workgear. and when all hell breaks lose, i tend to go with what i know off. i know of a machete, i know of the MSA MICH's, and i know of 5.11 :P

most likely if i where running in CQB, it take a chainsaw ( since there is no need to swing to get some killing power, just hold the chainsaw and GRIIIIIIIIIIIIND them down ! :D )

Nah, you can do the uber l337 speshul farce on any open day, themed zomby games are just a bit of fun.

Who says you can't have fun in uber special forces gear - especially when you wouldn't normally go near that sort of stuff?

You'd need to know me a bit better to see my point - I don't DO gear, I don't DO special forces. Quite often I cobble my loadout together from bits and pieces. For urban games, I usually wear ACU's with Ghostbusters patches on. In woodland it's usually a bit of surplus DPM stuff. This is the first time I've put together a loadout with any serious thought, and it's still just for fun.

The more I think about it, I guess it's pretty ironic. It's a tongue in cheek pop at geardoism/milsim in a way (nothing against 'em by the way, each to their own and all that) - I'll put on all this gear and still run round like a loon shouting catchphrases and having a jolly old time, or I can play it straight while chuckling my *albatross* off inside.

Anyway, to me this IS a bit of fantasy just for lolz.

Just goes to show, there's all sorts of airsofters out there!

We thought about doing a ZOCU team loadout over here, but one of my buddies ordered the jacket, and it turned out to be just another cheap windbreaker. You're probably better off just getting a black jacket and stenciling or sewing "ZOCU: Zombie Outbreak Control Unit" on it.

Sorry to jump in like this, but I've been absent from the forums for a while, and seem to have missed out on this awesome thread :o

I have a Z.E.R.O (Zombie Emergency Response Operations) t-shirt in OD and Black stencilling, and then a black combat jacket with Z.E.R.O tags ^^

ZombieHunterZERO.jpg

Try to run in one :P

Easily done.

Or just let them grab on and hold you down while they bite through the bits it doesn't cover. Still - looks cool, I'd say go for it.

Yes, but that's when my friend Mr Mossberg500 shows his face and gives a hand. A 18.7mm Brenneke slug hand, effective out to 100 yards and almost guaranteed to ruin any zombie's day.

Archived