The overall finish of the AKM is pretty good, although the only thing that places this on a wish list is the blow back, but veterans of the sport will know that Guarder actually came up with the idea some time ago, which Marui has copied.

And Guarder copied the idea from Tokyo Marui, who first did it in their PSG-1. ;)

But anyways thanks for the report and do keep us updated on the Tanio Koba developments! Every man and their dog are sniffing out what TM is offering, but the peculiar stuff goes under the radar all too easily.

I was also hoping to see Western Arms represented, as they also have a GBB M4 coming out.

-Sale

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks nice.... you're always keeping us updated on the newest stuff... Props to you!

I noticed that they didn't have the Steyr TMP as a clay model or in the real stuff... would you happen to know if they canceled that project? cause I was hoping for one to make a HUNK loadout from Biohazard

And Guarder copied the idea from Tokyo Marui, who first did it in their PSG-1. ;)

-Sale

Really?

I don't recall that ....and I had one of the original PSG-1's and it didn't have that and my younger brother also had one of the later models also without the blow back.

I just did a search and the 1st link mentioned the blow back, strange how two guns both purchased in Japan didn't have it!

Funny that a company like gunvest.com attend to such event.

They use personal pictures on their websites (including mine, but also many other airsofters) without authorisation, making customers believe it's pictures of their products (which, at least in my case, is not since it's real deal material and not replicas like they are producing)

If they want to have international representation, they should first respect privacy rules.

Mate take it up with them! I just report on the shows and have no affiliation with anyone but Arnie's Airsoft.

Nice report thanks.

Any one now's the Tango Company web site.

I got a buisness card off them and the apparent website is: www.tango-company.com but the link doesn't work for me.

I was also hoping to see Western Arms represented, as they also have a GBB M4 coming out.

-Sale

Now here is a little trade secret, Western Arms is actually Korean :D The owner is a Korean so they might be out in force at the Honk Kong show or the one in Korea very soon. Also I think there might be some patent issues between Tani Koba, Western Arms and another Hong Kong company all producing very very similar products.

Uhm sorry if I'm a bit slow and have missed out on some news but TM is going to re-re-release the M4 with the blowback bolt feature in the AK 74 model ?

I just ordered a TM M4 from redwolf yesterday :(

Should I cancel the order perhaps :o

I mentioned the M4 in my post, the blow back feature on the AK74 wouold be very hard to replicate in the M4 due to the materials and space, ICS, King Arms and several others have looked into it already. TM has leaked some information on a new style M4 gear box and buffer tube system and as mentioned these will be possibly show cased at the Shizoka Hobby show.

looks nice.... you're always keeping us updated on the newest stuff... Props to you!

I noticed that they didn't have the Steyr TMP as a clay model or in the real stuff... would you happen to know if they canceled that project? cause I was hoping for one to make a HUNK loadout from Biohazard

No mention of anything else, Tokyo Marui are always very tight lipped about all there releases and like the Type 89 they will suddenly release a product that was completely unknown to the public.

I got a buisness card off them and the apparent website is: www.tango-company.com but the link doesn't work for me.

Try http://www.tangotactical.com/ but it doesn't look to good

to quote the site "To our Valued Customers: We are very thankful for the support you've given since we started building gear for you. As of now, we are temporarily closing our operations as all of us in the family are currently out of the country. It was a painful decision to make because we had to let go of our crew, guys who depend on the business to help their families. But continuing our operations without either one of us will be detrimental to our core mission - Quality and Customer Satisfaction. We intend to resume operations soon when one of us comes back to the Philippines."

RT B)

Edited by rolling-thunder
Really?

I don't recall that ....and I had one of the original PSG-1's and it didn't have that and my younger brother also had one of the later models also without the blow back.

I just did a search and the 1st link mentioned the blow back, strange how two guns both purchased in Japan didn't have it!

When was your PSG-1 bought? I saw the blowback feature in action when I first saw the PSG-1, and it was in '99. I also upgraded one PSG-1 that was originally bought in '99 and the blowback feature was the first thing I disabled. And it was definitely factory made, not a custom-job.

-Sale

@ Far East

Do you speak fluent Japanese? or is their English very good? I'm curious because I want to head out to Japan this year (and of course hit on a few airsoft outlets) I'm learning Chinese Mandarin at the moment (early beginner) so the option of learning Japanese as well is limited at best :)

Good review by the way!

It means, "Expect in the next 10 years, but don't hold your breath" No just kidding, it basically means for 10 year olds or over.

Doesn't that mean, as a few others have said, that these are probably EBBs then?

Or are TM preparing a low power GBB range, like KSC have (I seem to recall)?

Cheers.

because certain FPS limits are graded for use by different age groups hand guns and AEP's are deemed suitable for younger players. Full sized AEG's are for 18 and older.... if you look at the standard Gas Blow Back Marui there is no 18yrs or older markings on them.

which means the MEU might very well be a EBB

Well, who cares? If you want a Marui MEU, don't be stupid and wait for japanese faith … take a Marui 1911A1 GBB put a Nova Springfield kit around it with Pachmayrs and you have a nice full metal quality 1911 MEU modern version ;) For japanese guys a bit sorry, because of full metal. But you have option of Western Arms over there, so it kind of equals the chances in a way. ;)

Thanks for the hint with Western Arms not being japanese essentially. Didn't know that. Well, WA was supposed to show up at Paris show fall 2007 in france. But they'd quit two days before and didn't show up. Pitty.

S&W PC356 an EBB? Now that you wrote this, Marui announced something one year ago … well … at least this means there is an excellent chance for the FN FiveseveN to be the next Marui GBB to be released (if it is supposed to be a GBB!). Would be a good move as Marushin already covers the market with their version, which qualitywise could be succeded by the Marui one I hope. The blowback of the Marushin one seems to be rocking, what I read so far. Lets hope at least for that …

In the section AEPs there's still a Beretta M92F and a Steyr TMP to come, anounced for years now, too. Any insight on that?