New ACM Replica Combat Shirt and Pants

I just received my long awaited package from redwolf/Huang this morning and thought I might take some time for a small review, comparison, and divulge some lil facts

crye4jpg.jpg

Left is Genuine Crye, Middle is the new replicas, right is the first released chinese combat shirts (note (my genuine crye have been used and havnt been washed recently so theres dust on it that makes it seem lighter) Must apologize about my camera though..im using my phone

Ill mostly compare the Crye to the new Replicas and just throw a lil input about the gen1 ACM. Here I go.

crye2.jpg

left is genuine crye, right is ACM replica

crye3.jpg

left is new ACM replicas, right is ACM Gen1

When i first opened the box, it was packaged pretty tight and firm, the pants and shirt in one plastic sealed bag and the knee/elbow pads over the bag in the box. It smelled fresh..it was calling out to me.

crye1.jpg

Anyways, the first thing i noticed was that the shirt is an excellent replica of the crye product. The color is best multisham pattern ive ever seen. The gen1 acm's were way too dark (though it did remind me alot of truspecs). Quality wise, ive got nothing to complain about. The seams seem well sewn and the "underarmor" is actually just a bit thicker than the genuines (i have yet to test these in weather conditions though).

crye8.jpg

The pants are also extremely high quality. They seem and feel durable and the pad pockets are reinforced (seem to be of 600D nylon). The differences i can see between these and the crye combat are:

-waste disposal flap has a small pocket for the zipper on the genuine crye..but not on the replica

-Cargo pockets have velcro and a buttom to secure the flap, but not on the replica

-There are black hooks on the belt buckles on the acm..thought it was a nice touch

crye6.jpg

crye5.jpg

In terms of the knee and elbow pads, they seem durable and can take quite a beating. The hard khaki shell is practically identical to the crye counterpart in terms of texture and density. Threading is stable, but the holes are quite large, but i shouldnt have to worry about the pads ripping:

crye7.jpg

The soft foam on the replicas are also a bit softer, and the shape of the knee pads are actually less rounded and have quite an amount of wrinkles in them.

In conclusion, im highly impressed in the production of this product. Almost near perfect replica, and for the price (just around $60 more compared to a truspec Field BDU set and $150 less than Direct Ops and Genuine Crye) you receive a great combat shirt replica set.

Edited by speculator

I got the regular field set from ebaybanned and i have to say the quality compared to the real MC is really good. The only part i didn't like was the condura elbow and knee reinforcements looked a little more "peach" than dark earth. Any of those problems with your new sets? Also where'd u get them?

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Yeah the sizes seem quite small, I think it's targeted at the Asian market.

I personally don't feel that the quality of these is so great, the threads on the pants started ripping after their first game.

Also is the material on the Direct Ops and Crye combat shirt as hot and sticky as the ACM one? It's ludicrously hot wearing the ACM combat shirt plus a vest in Hong Kong weather. And it makes me sweat a LOT.

Yeah the sizes seem quite small, I think it's targeted at the Asian market.

I personally don't feel that the quality of these is so great, the threads on the pants started ripping after their first game.

Also is the material on the Direct Ops and Crye combat shirt as hot and sticky as the ACM one? It's ludicrously hot wearing the ACM combat shirt plus a vest in Hong Kong weather. And it makes me sweat a LOT.

I very much doubt it, as the genuine Crye uses a moisture wick material to help with heat etc. I have a Gen1 Crye combat shirt and 2 Direct Ops (I assume your talking about the UR-Tactical Direct Action "combat shirt") and they both function as you would expect without that hot/sticky feeling. I've tried a ACM combat shirt in MC and ACU and they both felt just like a shiny t-shirt like material that did nothing to help with heat.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought a secondhand set of what I believe to be the EBB version. These are the newer version, and don't have the mile long zipper around the crotch.

I have the Large, and they fit me great. I normally wear a medium t-shirt. The combat shirt fits me fine.

I'm 6'0", 180lbs. 34in waist.

I can't say how they will fit you, but that's how it fits me.