Historic Loadout Pics

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thanks guys! Yeah i have a mate who is a wiz at all that photoshop stuff & he took this 'Dogs of War(ish)' impression i did a while back (at the side of my house) & did this to it....

dogsofrusty3.jpg

& ive now been turned into a model!....

dogsofrusty4.jpg

& then this...

rustybeach.jpg

im in the middle with the 70s SBS impression i did, hes to the left with the SLR & a mate on another forum is on the right

...if only i knew how to do this! :)

sorry if these are off topic btw

Edited by bravo1nine
  • 7 months later...

Seem this is the most appropriate thread for my new loadout. It's a work in progress, but it's starting to take shape. Late 80's Mujaheddin:

IMG_0720edit2.jpg

I borrowed my sister's aviators for the picture, need to grab a regular pair (obviously not using them in-game). Now I need a chicom chest rig instead of the Pantac, a more mix and match assortment of magazines, a few more Afghan items (decoration on the gun, knife, etc), and some old style Soviet boots. Also, everything needs to be used and worn quite a bit, it's all much too clean and shiny.

• 4 weeks later...

Seem this is the most appropriate thread for my new loadout. It's a work in progress, but it's starting to take shape. Late 80's Mujaheddin:

I borrowed my sister's aviators for the picture, need to grab a regular pair (obviously not using them in-game). Now I need a chicom chest rig instead of the Pantac, a more mix and match assortment of magazines, a few more Afghan items (decoration on the gun, knife, etc), and some old style Soviet boots. Also, everything needs to be used and worn quite a bit, it's all much too clean and shiny.

I think you are holding gun "too good". I mean finger discipline, all that tactical eye look... IMHO, you need less firearm safety in this loadout :)

Haha, I actually thought about that. I guess I'll say that since I have what would at that time be new US made BDU pants, that I was partially supplied and trained by the CIA, lol. I was actually trying to cover the modern vest up with the gun, it probably would be more historically accurate to be pointing the gun up in the air while exhibiting poor trigger finger discipline, maybe I'll do that pose when I finish my loadout.

As far as making progress, I got a Type81 Chicom, still need to get more appropriate boots (I decided against cheap shoes like Iran or China might have supplied, and the shalwar kameez pants, since I still want to be comfortable and not get hurt). I might try and go the easy way and get some of those cheap knock-off USGI jungle boots, if I'm gonna go with the CIA supplied idea. I'm also actually thinking of trying to come up with custom aviators that will provide proper eye protection (I can get custom lenses done, so all I need is a frame with sufficient lens retention and wrap-around protection). Then all that's left is to get the correct Afghan little tassels for decoration, come up with a couple little items that fit in, and roll around in the dirt and beat on the gear enough to look like I was actually out in the mountains for weeks.

Edited by DanHS

and for the love of god, fakelite those magazines :P

Yea, I have to do that too, but first I want to get a couple real Bakelite mags to go off of, unfortunately they're a bit pricey in the US, around $45 each now (a few years ago they could be had for about $5, but I hadn't gotten into real AK's yet and had no idea, wish I did).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update of my Mujaheddin impression. I think this is better. I wore the shalwar kameez pants in these and wore an old BDU jacket, if I'm going with the late 80's Mujaheddin then some US gear may be acceptable. I did find some PLA shoes that might be suitable, not sure if I'd actually wear them in-game, but if they were good enough for the PLA, they might be ok. I never did fakelite the mags, I fear the finish will eventually wear off the mags because they scrape together a lot. If I ever have the fortune to come across some Bakelite mags with worn or broken feed lips, I'll turn them into airsoft mags.

IMG_0159edit-1.jpg?t=1353181649

IMG_0170edit2.jpg?t=1353181515

IMG_0177edit.jpg?t=1353181322

Edited by DanHS
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Marine Force Recon- circa 1971....

IMAG1657_zps80020cd2.jpg
IMAG1658_zps571d1e79.jpg
And a cheesy shot with the m49 snubbie
IMAG1661_zps8b3b2153.jpg
Kit List:
ERDL flower-powers
Nomex gloves (It was 2oC. Sue me!)
OD towel
Jungle boots with dogtag
M61 belt set for M14
NVA Indig' rucksack
Airstrike panel
Claymore satchel

Hardwear:
Cyma M14 with some fine-*albatross* proper wood.
Tanaka M49 Snubbie on a 'dummy cord'
Coupla Smokes
Coupla Baseball frags.

Et voila!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thread revive!

KW2fTdt.jpg

From the first proper WW2 game I attended, Dutch Resistance member (cheating a bit I know :P ) 

rf5JQ5h.jpg#

A bit later on: Heer Panzergrenadier Obergefreiter, was probably the hottest day of last year so spending it in wools was less than fun!

Edited by Deinhardt
  • 3 months later...