Pistol Poll

Jaager

Pistols  

741 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you use your pistol?

• My pistol is my Primary weapon!
    • Quite often, especially when i want to be all stealthy!
    • a few times a skirmish, if i have to
    • i only use it in pistol only games
    • I rarely use it, but carry it just in case
    • I rarely use it and most often i will leave it in the safe zone
    • I rarely use it so i hardly bother taking it to skirmishes
    • I never use a pistol, but i can see the point
    • I never use a pistol, they are a waste of time and slow you down in game
  2. 2. How many pistols do you have?

• All my airsoft guns are Pistols
    • I collect pistols
    • I have over 50
    • 40-50
    • 30-40
    • 10-20
    • 5-10
    • I dont own any pistols

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At Anzio we've been running pistol vs AEG games for the last half-hour. Started out with the expected slightly more AEG players, but the pitols won every single time. Last time we ran it we had 70 pistol vs 30 AEGs. Nice to see people learning the lesson :D

I suspect we'll soon not be able to run that game due to the unbalanced sides...

Condition Zero, no safety on and gun loaded with a cocked hammer.

However i find that it is also the straight to the rear of the solid 1911 trigger as oppossed to the 'sweep' that a DA auto in SA requires that i prefer. As good as DA and DAO autos can be i still stand by a SA and it being the best. But as with all things in this hobby we have what we prefer and i simply prefer a straight to the rear pull, a light trigger and grip / thumb safeties.

'FireKnife'

i carry mine the same the trigger pull is very slight on single action double action is slightly longer but not by much i suggest u pick one up firekife and try out. i also find its slightly better balanced than a 1911

I suspect we'll soon not be able to run that game due to the unbalanced sides...

Give the AEG team a M249 and odds of 10-1 and see how they fair :P

I just can't wait to move and get on my 'road trip of UK sites' idea that i have. Every CQB site i can get to and play.

i suggest u pick one up firekife and try out.

Have done and still it is just the trigger action and the fact the safety is slide mounted (a fault of the real thing) that i don't really like. The 1911 just fits me better, simple as that :P

'FireKnife'

Its nice to see that the Japanese are getting back up and running again.

Wow 5 mags? With 5 more? How have I been running on one?

I have no idea... But at least a few times a day i'll ditch my rifle and gear and pocket a few PX4 mags and go on a mad one. I've got 4 on my standard loadout, the other 5 will be going on a bandolier so i can just carry the pistol and a pile of mags :P

I had a little go with a 1911 MEU last night.

Shot like a charm, much better than my poor beleaguered ancient M9.

Didn't much like the way it felt in the hand though, I have fairly big hands and the controls felt like they were in the wrong place.

Back to the drawing board with planning my next GBB purchase then. Might see if anyone has one of those double stack variants, Para-Ord are they called? Maybe being a bit fatter would put things right. Does anyone make a decent one?

Archived