Pistol Poll

Jaager

Pistols  

741 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you use your pistol?

• My pistol is my Primary weapon!
    • Quite often, especially when i want to be all stealthy!
    • a few times a skirmish, if i have to
    • i only use it in pistol only games
    • I rarely use it, but carry it just in case
    • I rarely use it and most often i will leave it in the safe zone
    • I rarely use it so i hardly bother taking it to skirmishes
    • I never use a pistol, but i can see the point
    • I never use a pistol, they are a waste of time and slow you down in game
  2. 2. How many pistols do you have?

• All my airsoft guns are Pistols
    • I collect pistols
    • I have over 50
    • 40-50
    • 30-40
    • 10-20
    • 5-10
    • I dont own any pistols

What i want to know is how many people actually use their pistols on a regular basis, I usually see a lot of pistols in the safezone, but then they seem to spend most of their time in holsters or stuck in the safezone.

i have two pistols, a Marushin P210-6 and a TM M92f, both spend most of their time in the safezone, or in a holster, i rarely get a chance to use them, recently ive just not bothered taking them to skrmishes.

anyway, please answer the questions, and post what pistols ypu own, which are your favorites, how do you use them in the game etc etc.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i always carry a sidearm, with my luck with my ar15, she always decides not to play when i most need her, so out comes something pistol shaped to stave off the hoards... (usually futilely...)

I do use them lots in pistol only games, specially the 4 i carried at the resident evil night game... in the same gear alice used in the second movie :P muchos firepower :D

I have my NCIS loadout... so a pistol is pretty important... I do sometimes go out with just a pistol at proteus for fun... taking on AEG users... its a good different skirmish experience, one i enjoy greatly.

R

To date, 99% of my skirmishing has been in open woodland - not usually ideal pistol territory in my experience - so it stays in the safezone most of the time. I only really use it at Spectre during Morning After events. I do like using it though.

Right, more urban games for me this year - any site recommendations welcomed by PM :D

EDIT: I used to carry one as a backup, but found I never needed it. Same for the MP5K I bought for the same reason.

i always carry a sidearm, with my luck with my ar15, she always decides not to play when i most need her, so out comes something pistol shaped to stave off the hoards... (usually futilely...)

Same reason I carry a pistol, except it's usually in case my AK47 fails (it has done, and I managed to last a while with the GBB Glock 17 I was carrying).

I've got 4 pistols: KSC Glock 17, KSC Glock 18c, TM Glock 17 springer, and a TM Beretta M92f EBB for realy humiliating either myself or someone else when I try and use it. I usually take one of the two KSCs on to the field, and it's rare that I'm not carrying a pistol as a backup.

A TM DE clipped to a belt, it gets used if Ive run out or If I want a a bit of a laugh. I also wrap it in my left hand using the sling and have a g36c/agx/de combo when Im advancing. Im usually support gunning and it doesnt get used in that role at all for me but its nice that its there ready to go.

Got a couple of springers, real cheap, all metal, chav market, still working two years on! I just pass them on to mates who are using hire guns and want a backup or I want to have a game around my house against the cat or something.

Sounds like youre not using yours much Jaager, or getting a thrill from using them? if youre not taking them to skirmishes then why not trade them in and get yourself a huge support weapon for a bit of a chuckle

I usually use my P226 now (It was not fair everyone else got L85's and I got a dam' p266 and a clipboard) but I've got a fondness for my Mk 23 and the good old original G17 I bought... though I can't see the Mk23 being used unless I go to an urban ground with my MP5.

I always carry a sidearm.

I play at a woodland site but it does have some nice built up areas some of which are really tight so a pistol is really the only way to go ;)

I've got a reasonable selection but normally always come back to my TM SOCOM you just can't beat the reliability in all weathers and it's just the thing for those stealthy kills.

I always carry my TM Desert Eagle. It just freaks people out when they see it come out. I have the nice big Chrome one as well. Once I get my Tanaka .44 Magnum running on propane and tuning it, I will duel wield them both lol. Do you feel lucky? Well do ya PUNK?

I keep a USPc in a belt holster all the time, so small it doesn't get in the way at all. I try to make a point of having a go with it now and then, especially if it's a bunker assault type game.

My Mk23 has done a bit of work as a primary in urban and woodland, dual wielding Mk23s in urban is great fun.

:devil:

I have the G34, a 1911, 2 m92s.

G34 sees its fair share of action generally comes out of its holster at some stage in the day only 1 confirmed kill usually its more to allow me to run to cover.

1911 will see more use now that i'm getting tiger stripe and the WE seems to have enough range to make it viable ( i'm generally not that stealthy and most of my kills generally come from frontal assaults and unexpected charges).

berettas :) well i'm sure i will use them at some stage :blush: :blush:

Pistols in my opinion look great feel great and are practical when you get into position to use them but pretty much useless as a woodland primary

I have 14 pistols. But I only ever use about 5 of them.

I'll always carry a pistol as backup. Either a G19, USP.45, MK23, M92f, P226 or a 1911. Depending on loadout/situation.

I sometimes take them just for the fun factor, they're so much more interesting to shoot than AEG's.

Strangely I also find them more reliable... :blink:

I just like pistols :)

KSC/KWA G18C, G19, G34, M9 HW,

WA Colt Commander Light Weight, SV 4.3 Railed [limited]

J-A 1991a1 Mil-spec

DE81 USP AEP

WE 19911a1

TM Python 2.5

Tanaka M66 4",M29 6.5", m500 8"

I also admit I gave away a TM m9 since I disliked it so much :)

The pistol is as you make it. I find sometime you need it :). Some times you out of every single aeg round and still need that G34 to make a 25m kill :D

but usually I will haul one of the 1911s, Glocks or the Tanaka M66 out and it will get used once or twice.

DarkMM :pirate:

I love my pistols. I use all of them in skirmishes all of the time, often as primary weapons (even in woodland). Usually only two at a time, though sometimes I carry four or even six at once (most carried was seven).

I can reflex-aim much faster with a pistol than I can with a rifle, which means that in CQB I generally do much better with the handguns than with the long arms.

Plus, there's nothing quite like gas blowback for shooter satisfaction. My Western Arms parkarised Para-Ordnance HRT Specials are my favourite airsoft guns in the world ever. There is a level at which a gun can be said to be gorgeous beyond belief, and they leave that point so far behind you can't even see it any more.

I carry an HFC G17 as a sidearm in case I run out of ammo on my AR (a SOPMOD M4 CQBR) and need to be able to disengage to reload. Also, I tend to move to my sidearm for really tight spaces and corridors. For instance, there's one building inside the local CQB spot where the hallways don't reach more than 6 or 7 feet at a time, have a lot of turns, and are only about as wide as a hallway I'd expect in a house (~30 inches). I usually default to my sidearm there as my AR is usually a touch long, even with the buttstock fully collapsed. Otherwise, I don't use my sidearm. It's certainly not a primary weapon for me.

I have a KSC G18c and a KJW P226 on the way. I have only used the pistol when in close environments (full auto is great). My glock has also been in tw of my most memorable moments at Ambush in Chobham- one was last man alive in the kill house while heavily out numbered. Both glock and my M15A2 were put on full chat and I lept up and fired in the general area of people. No hits scored, but loads of hits taken.

The other experience having a fire fight with people on the other side of a hut

Pistol are sexcellent fun!

Archived