Pistol Poll

Jaager

Pistols  

741 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you use your pistol?

• My pistol is my Primary weapon!
    • Quite often, especially when i want to be all stealthy!
    • a few times a skirmish, if i have to
    • i only use it in pistol only games
    • I rarely use it, but carry it just in case
    • I rarely use it and most often i will leave it in the safe zone
    • I rarely use it so i hardly bother taking it to skirmishes
    • I never use a pistol, but i can see the point
    • I never use a pistol, they are a waste of time and slow you down in game
  2. 2. How many pistols do you have?

• All my airsoft guns are Pistols
    • I collect pistols
    • I have over 50
    • 40-50
    • 30-40
    • 10-20
    • 5-10
    • I dont own any pistols

I love my GBB (WE 1911), even though it can be a bti unpredictable with the British weather, I still use it. It's mainly for manoeuvrability when entering small spaces or firing at angles where my M4 is just to unwieldy. It's also saved my *albatross* when my rifle jammed or I've been caught reloading :P

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own 5 pistols. If im playing woodland I dont take any pistols out with me; I used to but it always just sat in the holster. If im playing urban the USP and the TM1911 come out with me normally. If its a pistol game its as many as I can carry (usually the TM1911, G34 and G32) My favourate is the G34, just is. the best for practical use is the TM1911.

• 3 weeks later...

I have two pistols a TM 1911 and KWA USP .45. I use the TM 1911 all the time because the USP has nothing on the 1911. I find that I use my pistol quite frequently whenever I decide to rush, if I don't have enough time to reload my primary(Midcaps FTW), or if an area is just easier to travel through using a pistol with the primary slinged.

3 pistols, only used when i need them - there is certainly something special about switching to the pistol, you feel more vulnerable but seem to make more effort to stay alive and not be seen! I only use it when I have run out of ammo/battery in my AEG, or when i need to take some one out stealthily.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 4 at the moment: a TM 1911 , a Mk.23 SOCOM NBB, a TM Beretta Tac Master and TM Beretta M92f.

All bar the Mk.23 have seen use in a skirmish, and the 1911 has been more than a lifesaver during some close encounters. It's become my backup since I bought it. It's now upgraded with a Laylax 6.03 barrel and Airseal hop and now shoots even further and accurately than ever.

The m92f was my original pistol, and when the trigger spring broke, I replaced it with the tac master. Now I've replaced the trigger spring , I can go dualies with them if I want ( but rarely do). The tac master is also an excellent skirmishing pistol, considering the age of the design.

I've only just recently picked up the Mk.23 ( Pre VCRA) but haven't used it much due to its size. I've just bought a Warrior Molle Adjustable holster from UKtactical, and it fits it like a glove, so I'll probably use it more now that its easier to carry.

• 2 weeks later...

i'd say my tm 1911 gets used in every cqb game without a doubt, and sometimes in scrub/woodland games. most of the time, i choose to leave my aeg outside a bulding and rock in with the 1911. i know for a fact its going to shoot when i want it to, its going to hit where i want it to, and its going to be extra satisfying as its a pistol.

its the only one i own though, but for those who own a tm 1911, you know as well as i do you dont need another pistol.

I always carry my M1911 with me into the field. I have used in a couple games for fun but just this last game had to use it to save my skin. It was close to the end of the day of play and we were ina fire fight and my rifle just stopped. sounded like a dead battery. now keep in mind this would be a semi heavy fire fight here while this is going on. So i take some cover and swap batt's. I pop up take a few shots and then the rifle stops again. This time i know its not the battery as the one i put in was freshly charged that morning. All the while the opfor is advancing on me and my team mates. So i ditched the rifle and pulled out the old KSC usp .45. popped up from my cover and ropped 2 guys from about 20 feet away and then withthe help of my team mates the enemy began to fall back. So truthfully i dont use my pistol in every game but it is sure nice to have. I am sure if i had not had it i would have been bang killed in a matter of minutes.

Gonna pick up a few more mags for my TM DE so I can rock it as a a primary in CQB.

So far, my most reliable weapon, as well. My AEG manages to die half the time I play, so I end up using that instead.

I use my TM beretta quite often. I use strictly mid caps and when they are all used up a pistol and a rubber knife is all I have left. Another instance of useing my pistol is when I am wounded and my rifle is of no use. I have gotten a couple of kills with my pistol before and let me tell you that there is nothing like getting a pistol kill.

I carry a DE.50 about. Its needed as i have a 500fps sniper rifle so if anyone stumbles upon me or I end up in dense terrain I swap to my side arm.

Don't like to shoot ppl with the sniper rifle if i end up within 20m. When im playing with my g36 the pistol gets left in the safe zone.

Time and again, it always comes back to my TM 1911. While still all plastic, i recently installed a koba OD lower and the Gunners from my old Wilson CQB. Shes always with me on the field and i swear she shoots just as good and as far as my PTW. I carry 10 mags (mostly because i can but also because the upgrades have lowered mag-cap from 18-20 rds) At varying stages of upgrades shes gone to almost 200 feet depending on the wind and bb's being used.

After being plagued by problems with gas pistols going to ###### I went for a CYMA glock 18, it's never let me down for reliability and has good range and fair accuracy for a back up. Lives in my M12 on my hip in every game for those moments where you need something smaller for room clearance or if something goes wrong with my main (which it hasn't touch, wood).

Wish I could find a gas M9 that didn't cause me grief, still got a Fobus holster for a military one just incase I can find a decent one.

OK. A change. I have a pair of Berettas (semi-auto HFC 190 and a Bell 707) for special occasions, but usually my backup is either my Bell 1911 or the HFC Beretta. Either way - if I have to make a lot of racket while dashing from cover to cover, nothing's better than a pistol or two. Plus, in narrow corridors they're indispensable.

I always carry some form of pistol

i find the problem is carrying the mags.

my current main side arm is a CYMA g18c AEP. i love it. never fails, 100% reliable, and shoots pretty well too.

I will carry it in tandem with my other main sidearm, a TM m1911, which i am currently modding, so it is having little difficulties.

I like carrying it, my AEP, my berreta 1934 (the last line of D) and my G19 if i can get it on my belt (!)

i find them a neccesity to the experience for me. I have a friend who i play with a lot, and he only uses pistols (all his AEGS ARE broken, but thats not the point (:P) but still gets decent KDRs.

In my average game, there is a 50/50 chance it comes out. I use it most games that i use my sniper. A suprising large number of the kills i get in a day are with my pistol

Here's a word to those who doubt the capabilities of a good GBB sidearm.

In February, I was playing at Airsoft Sequoia. I was using my standard (and only) kit, with an upgraded TM G3SG/1 as my primary. Halfway through the third game, I was holed up behind a fallen tree and firing everything I got to hold back a couple of hostiles trying to take the hill side I was on. My rifle soon ran dry. I put it down and grabbed my sidearm, a TM Glock 17 with a Guarder full enhancement kit installed.

I had one magazine (25 rounds) with a full charge of HFC22. I also had some loose rounds on me. I used that handgun to hold back those hostiles for another ten minutes, buying my team additional time. When the gas was finally depleted, I had fired 60 rounds. I killed one hostile and made the other one fall back.

Archived