The nice guys at AirSplat were kind enough to send me a Systema Magnum motor for testing. These motors have been all the rage since their release last year, and appear to be the Holy Grail of motors for those with high FPS setups. I've often heard people say the ROF on these is quite nice as well, so I lets see how these claims shape up.

The construction overall is top notch and the quality of the materials is excellent for the most part. I have heard complaints about the materials used for the pinion, but I had no problems with it.

The test bed is as follows:

Classic Army M15A4 RIS early 2006 model

Specs: Madbull Tight Bore Barrel Guarder Hop Up Bucking Guarder Hop Up Unit Element Silent Cylinder and Piston Head Set Madbull Full Tooth Piston Madbull M1** Spring Mosfet with Active Braking 9.6v Intellect 1400 MAh NiMH Battery

With everything installed and the motor height adjusted the unit was tested for both rate of fire and trigger delay. As expected, the m1** spring just barely begins to show off the abilities of the Magnum motor. While it is benificial, the real bennifits will come from using a higher rated spring. After putting through several mags worth of ammo, clocking the rate of fire and delay, and two skirmishes, I removed the motor for review of it's physical durability. It fared well. With little to no wear, it looked near new with no damage to the pinion gear.

Rate of Fire clocked at 15.68 rounds per second.

Delay to first shot clocked at .062

Overall it's a great motor if you have the money and the system to warrant it's use.

If you want to see the full review with pictures and see how it fared aginst the Marui EG1000 and the Classic Army Torque Motor, then head on over to my website @ http://infectedairsoft.com or click here.