Mask Fan

SlvrDragon50

you know thats not a bad idea. first you'll need to figure the voltage of your fan. what its going to take to power it. (probebly not much)

then you'll need a battery (prolly a watch batt?) and and on off switch.

take a look at the existing paintball masks with this built in or at the kits you can get to do this they'll provide you with how its setup.

i'd personally build a basic battery box with an on off switch on the top and then wires going to the fan.

most mount the fan on the top of the goggles and this seems to help. if your looking to be nifty tho consider one of the silent fans otherwise wherever you go you'll make a little whirring sound ;)

pete

Those b******s stole my work <_< , I designed them 12 years ago and was selling them.......Unfortunately I never got round to patenting it, my own stupid fault (curses) :(

anyway you can get computer fans of the right size from Maplins along with battery packs (Batteries not included) the fans will be around 6 volt for the ones small enough to fit on the mask so you are wanting a triple pack of AAA or AA batts, solder a plug to the lead from the fan and solder a plug onto the lead from the batteries (keep the batts in your pocket) don't forget a switch, momentary switches work well however a true on/off will be better as clearing the lens can take time. By the way I always use 2 fans as they work much faster in tandem and if you get good fans they are very quiet. Remember if you increase the voltage you will get a higher speed from the fan but at the tradeoff of shorter component life span.

The after market fans you can get for masks tend to be underpowered and over priced, the whole thing (minus batts) should come to about £5 or £6 so no they arn't cheaper :P .

Archived