Big-out H-hop Nubs

frogfish

I am looking to install these in two of my weapons a CA m15 and a G&G m14 both shooting ~370FPS w/.2g BBs with stock hop-up rubbers, I've tried the search feature to no avail to see if I can find some specific feed back about what exactly these will do and if they work best in conjunction with any specific type of hop-up rubber. If anyone can make any comments or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am looking to install these in two of my weapons a CA m15 and a G&G m14 both shooting ~370FPS w/.2g BBs with stock hop-up rubbers, I've tried the search feature to no avail to see if I can find some specific feed back about what exactly these will do and if they work best in conjunction with any specific type of hop-up rubber. If anyone can make any comments or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Do your stock hops not work now?

I ordered some, yet to put them in my gun. They work well with any rubber but are best with a systema or firefly. Best with firefly but those are expensive. You can grab them at trinity airsoft i beleive. Get one!

Oh, and if you can't find one, try searchy airsoft warrior h nub on google or so RSOV has them as well

These work rediculously well with Firefly or ELEMENT "V" hop rubbers.

Not so well with Systema and Guarder Soft hop ups. With the soft hop-ups the H nubs apply too much hop, and you get terrible range on any setting.

Yea. Where do you get the element V hop up bucking?

KM have v hop bucking.. i use them... I also have H Hop and madbull shark fin hop..... never try firefly yet.... but from my exp.... the best combination is H hop puls normal one.... if I combine V buck and the H or Sharkfin shape hop.... not a good result.... coz the H and shark type is already try to create two pressure point on the hop bucking.... like the v one already.... so have to choose either v bucking or H hop..

Darklite, any sources for the V rubbers?

Yea. Where do you get the element V hop up bucking?

The element hop rubbers on RSOV have the 'V' although they are not advertised as such, well the 55 (blue) and 65 (red colours could be wrong way round) hard rubbers I bought had it. Teamed up with the element H nubs and they proved instantly better than the previous rubbers (one being prometheus).

That is dissapointing, just to clarify then in case I'm mistaken the element rubbers had an additional bit of rubber in the area where the nub pushes down, when pushed down this area actually was two halfs (its kind of hard to describe) which opened at an angle to each other I guess this is the 'V'?

I did notice that although the rubbers are branded as hard types they actually appeared softer than some rubbers I have used which were for lower FPS (I was under the impression hard high FPS, soft low FPS). I also found the element rubbers great value for money as they came with a nylon bush to insert into the end of the hop which was a very snug fit securing the barrel and also a brass sleeve perhaps to insert into the flash hider and again secure barrel?

I'm not sure about the Element hop up, but the Firefly rubber is a true "V" hop up, which means that if you look down the bore, you will see two small "fins" that grip the BB at the 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock position. Because it grips those specific points and isn't just a bump over the entire top of the BB, it is able to stablize the BB more evenly.

That is dissapointing, just to clarify then in case I'm mistaken the element rubbers had an additional bit of rubber in the area where the nub pushes down, when pushed down this area actually was two halfs (its kind of hard to describe) which opened at an angle to each other I guess this is the 'V'?

I did notice that although the rubbers are branded as hard types they actually appeared softer than some rubbers I have used which were for lower FPS (I was under the impression hard high FPS, soft low FPS). I also found the element rubbers great value for money as they came with a nylon bush to insert into the end of the hop which was a very snug fit securing the barrel and also a brass sleeve perhaps to insert into the flash hider and again secure barrel?

Yup.

The ELEMENT RED and BLUE hop-ups are V-hops, copies of the Firefly V hops. Nearly identical.

I found that with a RED hop and white H nub, both ELEMENT, my AK at 1.3J could put bbs in a 1" group at 10m. Slight increase in effective range, but quite a large increase in accuracy and the flatness of the trajectory.

Archived